Waypoints W/ multiple batteries?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kind of a bummer that you have to fly to the waypoints first, but thats better than nothing....

Can we fly the waypoints, mark them....   come back and change batteries and still have it remember those points?

I've got my apps and P3P's updated, but it's raining outside here 8-(

2015-9-7
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

From what I have read you can add the flight you recorded waypoints on to 'favourites' and then re-fly that route.

not had a chance to install it yet..
2015-9-7
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1130577 ft
Sweden

Correct, you can fly and record the waypoints for the route and save that route. So after that you are able to shift batteries if you need. Then select that waypoint favorite route and start a waypoint mission.
2015-9-7
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

So..what would happen if you recorded waypoints in different locations and accidentally hit the wrong one when starting a mission?    Fly away to Neverland?  This will be interesting to see if this happens...and scary too!  
2015-9-7
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-9-7 15:45
So..what would happen if you recorded waypoints in different locations and accidentally hit the wron ...

Yes, yes it will I think.. Off to test
2015-9-7
Use props
kairkyo161
lvl.2

United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-7 22:49
Yes, yes it will I think.. Off to test

thats exactly what happens , it takes off in the direction of your first point
2015-9-7
Use props
Amber
New

United Kingdom

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-9-7 15:45
So..what would happen if you recorded waypoints in different locations and accidentally hit the wron ...

Very true and I wonder how many will be blamed on DJI
2015-9-7
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-9-7 10:45

In that case, you'd better make sure your home point has been correctly set before you start *any* mission, whether it's autonomous or not.

As soon as your Phantom takes off to the wrong starting point, you can initiate RTH.

Sounds like at least some of the new procedures should be preceded by the words:
CONTINUE WITH EXTREME CAUTION!
2015-9-7
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Although, this could be interesting,,,, it MAY serve as a way to get out of your 500M limit on waypoints.   i.e  Go to a field  about 450M from where you actually want to fly an automated flight. ,Fly and set up a route that goes to the limit of THAT LOCATION'S 500M.  Go back to your original (I want to fly from here- home point)  ... see if it flies to the recorded waypoint 1 and continues through the route.  If it does, at some point it would be 950M from your home point.  Once the mission is completed, initiate RTH  and it should come back to where you are.    UNLESS, DJI has set up a failsafe in that it can't fly to any waypoints more than 500M from the controller/home point.   If this were true, then the fear of initiating an incorrect pre recorded flight shouldn't be an issue.  I guess it depend on how they programed the limit.    Anyone willing to test this out???  

2015-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules