Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
If you could only have one drone what would you choose and why?
123Next >
2576 99 2023-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BetterBizTech
Captain
Flight distance : 3246266 ft
United States

If you could only own what drone which one would you choose,and why would you choose that drone?

2023-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93526483 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini 4 Pro due to its weight,   anything over 250g in the UK is too heavily restricted now.
2023-11-22
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Captain
Norway

Why do you ask?
If you are considering buying a drone yourself, you will get better input by telling us
what you will use the drone for, and which features you think are most important to you, such as
image quality, weight, flight time, etc.
Then you will certainly get some good input here from people who have their own experience and can give you good advice.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

ArcticPhoto Posted at 11-22 06:40
Why do you ask?
If you are considering buying a drone yourself, you will get better input by telling us
what you will use the drone for, and which features you think are most important to you, such as

Unfortunately I have 4, and need 2 more,because no drone does it all. Asking this question just lets me know what drones we like and what it does best for us.I am also curious about the lesser touted drones and why people love them. Thre are some olddrones that in my opinionare better than some of the new ones for certain reasons..
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-22 06:40
Mini 4 Pro due to its weight,   anything over 250g in the UK is too heavily restricted now.

Great drone and reason.
2023-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 07:31
Great drone and reason.

Its the main reason Ive not updated my Mavic 2 pro,   the rules are just too crippling at the moment and will be changing again within the next 2 years so without knowing what will happen its better to wait,  unlike in the EU where the C label system give more clarity but still individual countries are not apparently honouring the new EU rules.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-22 07:34
Its the main reason Ive not updated my Mavic 2 pro,   the rules are just too crippling at the moment and will be changing again within the next 2 years so without knowing what will happen its better to wait,  unlike in the EU where the C label system give more clarity but still individual countries are not apparently honouring the new EU rules.

Totally agreed. My main drones are my Air 2S and Mavic 2 Pro. I haven't pulled the trigger on the threes yet. I am actually trying to pick up a used mavic 2 enterprise advanced for mapping because I don't like the restrictions and limitiations on the 3 enterprises.
2023-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 07:37
Totally agreed. My main drones are my Air 2S and Mavic 2 Pro. I haven't pulled the trigger on the threes yet. I am actually trying to pick up a used mavic 2 enterprise advanced for mapping because I don't like the restrictions and limitiations on the 3 enterprises.

I’ve used drone deploy on the Mavic 2 pro to create large maps and it worked great.  
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

DAFlys Posted at 11-22 07:56
I’ve used drone deploy on the Mavic 2 pro to create large maps and it worked great.

Me too, but the subscription is high so I use dronelink now.
2023-11-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 08:25
Me too, but the subscription is high so I use dronelink now.

Just use the 7 day trial.  
2023-11-22
Use props
TonyPHX
Captain
Flight distance : 10238648 ft
  • >>>
United States

IF I could only have one drone, I would choose to take the long lonely walk out into the desert and be done with life.  
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 11-22 08:35
IF I could only have one drone, I would choose to take the long lonely walk out into the desert and be done with life.

Sad but true.
2023-11-22
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Captain
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini 2 because of the weight restrictions and the limited video capacity of my viewing equipment. If weight weren't an issue M2P/Z.
2023-11-22
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would choose the Mini 4 Pro, with the Air 3 being second choice.  The Mini 4 Pro provides the perfect combination of features, performance, & portability for me.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-22 11:02
I would choose the Mini 4 Pro, with the Air 3 being second choice.  The Mini 4 Pro provides the perfect combination of features, performance, & portability for me.

Is there much difference in wind performance between the two? My min 2 doesn't handle the wind too well in winter here in NY.
2023-11-22
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 11:04
Is there much difference in wind performance between the two? My min 2 doesn't handle the wind too well in winter here in NY.

The Air 3 is obviously more powerful, swift, & massive than a Mini 4 Pro, so it will handle wind better, but I did take the Mini 4 Pro up a couple weeks ago in 25 mph winds with much stronger gusts to test her out.  It was dancing all over the place but the video was still stable.  I would not fly far downwind in such a situation.  There are several good wind test examples on YouTube showing how the Mini 4 performs in wind.

I would like to know the maximum speed the Air 3 accepts for a Waypoint mission?  The Mini 4 Pro is 26.87 mph max.  I assume the Air 3 or Mavic 3 would allow setting a higher speed?  If anyone knows please let me know.

2023-11-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6180449 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've stuck with my Mavic2Zoom, rather than upgrading to the 3 series, for its zoom capability, and that I can fly it with Litchi and create waypoint missions for it.
I'm also loving my Mini3Pro (under250gm) for the same reasons as DAFlys.
No plans to go for the 4 series yet.
I still hanker for the old Phantom4 I began with, back in 2017.  Just too bulky for recreational droning these days - particularly for hiking trips.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-22 12:28
I've stuck with my Mavic2Zoom, rather than upgrading to the 3 series, for its zoom capability, and that I can fly it with Litchi and create waypoint missions for it.

I like my mavic 3 pro. I use the Air 2S for the zoom.  I haven't ventured into the 3 series for lack of SDK. I use dronelink and litchi for automated flights and these two work great with it.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-22 12:28

If I could find a lightly used phantom four v2 I would jump on it for mapping, but all of this means you can't have just one.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 11-22 11:14
The Air 3 is obviously more powerful, swift, & massive than a Mini 4 Pro, so it will handle wind better, but I did take the Mini 4 Pro up a couple weeks ago in 25 mph winds with much stronger gusts to test her out.  It was dancing all over the place but the video was still stable.  I would not fly far downwind in such a situation.  There are several good wind test examples on YouTube showing how the Mini 4 performs in wind.

I am looking to see what the Air3S will have to offer in the way of a sensor.
2023-11-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6180449 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 13:20
If I could find a lightly used phantom four v2 I would jump on it for mapping, but all of this means you can't have just one.

Two drones are all I need just now
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
Flight distance : 5575873 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me, I would go with my Mavic 3 Pro.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-22 15:36
For me, I would go with my Mavic 3 Pro.

What do you like best about it?
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 11-22 14:33
Two drones are all I need just now

It's all we should need.
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 16:18
What do you like best about it?

What I like about the Mavic 3 Pro for sure is the camera, waypoints, and the extra long battery life.  I believe this drone is setup for many many years of service and if I didn't get another drone until the Mavic 5 I would be fine.  I'm sure there is more than can be improved with future models but I think it will be incremental.  So not a perfect drone but clearly the best consumer drone on the market for the hobbyist.
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 16:18
It's all we should need.

I have 9 but I only regularly fly 5.  The addition of the 2 recent FPV drones have consumed 95% of my flying time which has basically grounded 4 other drones.

DJI FPV, DJI Avata, Mavic 3 Pro, Skydio 2+, Autel Evo2 Pro means Mini2, Mini3Pro, Autel Nano+, Mavic 2 Zoom are grounded.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-22 17:37
I have 9 but I only regularly fly 5.  The addition of the 2 recent FPV drones have consumed 95% of my flying time which has basically grounded 4 other drones.

DJI FPV, DJI Avata, Mavic 3 Pro, Skydio 2+, Autel Evo2 Pro means Mini2, Mini3Pro, Autel Nano+, Mavic 2 Zoom are grounded.

How well does the Evo pro 2 compared to the mavics.
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-22 17:31
What I like about the Mavic 3 Pro for sure is the camera, waypoints, and the extra long battery life.  I believe this drone is setup for many many years of service and if I didn't get another drone until the Mavic 5 I would be fine.  I'm sure there is more than can be improved with future models but I think it will be incremental.  So not a perfect drone but clearly the best consumer drone on the market for the hobbyist.

That is good to know.  I'm torn between the mavic 3 pro and the mavic 3 enterprise. Can't afford both right now, but I need to do mapping and I am a professional photographer so I would love the 3 pro. Tough decision
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 17:40
How well does the Evo pro 2 compared to the mavics.

I used to think the Evo 2 Pro was the best drone on the market at the time; the camera couldn't be beat, my #1 drone.  Big smart controller, live deck, super long life battery, 6k camera, missions/waypoints.  Until the M3P came out.....
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-22 19:11
I used to think the Evo 2 Pro was the best drone on the market at the time; the camera couldn't be beat, my #1 drone.  Big smart controller, live deck, super long life battery, 6k camera, missions/waypoints.  Until the M3P came out.....

It's funny. There are mixed reviews that the Evo 2 Pro version 3 is not quite finished and it seems they have abandoned their consumer market. There are some sales but I am leary about buying from them at this time. The Mavic 3 enterprise is expensive not sure which way to go.
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 19:32
It's funny. There are mixed reviews that the Evo 2 Pro version 3 is not quite finished and it seems they have abandoned their consumer market. There are some sales but I am leary about buying from them at this time. The Mavic 3 enterprise is expensive not sure which way to go.

Yeah it sounds like the v2 and v3 versions aren't quite finished.  i have v1 when it first came out.  Compared to Mavic 3 when it first came out, not bad at all.  Unfortunately you are correct, Autel is pretty much done (just like Skydio).
2023-11-22
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

The Saint Posted at 11-22 19:43
Yeah it sounds like the v2 and v3 versions aren't quite finished.  i have v1 when it first came out.  Compared to Mavic 3 when it first came out, not bad at all.  Unfortunately you are correct, Autel is pretty much done (just like Skydio).

I think the next move is the mavic 3 pro. It's more affordable than the enterprise and I get more video work than mapping. Not as much of a need for SDK with the pro.
2023-11-22
Use props
The Saint
Captain
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 20:44
I think the next move is the mavic 3 pro. It's more affordable than the enterprise and I get more video work than mapping. Not as much of a need for SDK with the pro.

Sounds like a good plan!
2023-11-22
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-22 20:44

Sounds like you flipped the coin and have made your decision.  
2023-11-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-23 10:04
Sounds like you flipped the coin and have made your decision.

It always depends on the jobs that come in. The construction work beckons you to buy the more expensive drones but the pay is lower and fewer but Higher. I try to go for the steadier work. Which seems to be video. It's also more fun.
2023-11-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BetterBizTech Posted at 11-23 10:07
It always depends on the jobs that come in. The construction work beckons you to buy the more expensive drones but the pay is lower and fewer but Higher. I try to go for the steadier work. Which seems to be video. It's also more fun.

Don't think you can beat the Mavic 3 Pro at this time.  
2023-11-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 11-23 10:14
Don't think you can beat the Mavic 3 Pro at this time.

I think that's the one.
2023-11-23
Use props
Dogpilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1713360 ft
United States

I know the group love is leaning to the M3Pro. Nice drone, I have one. It would not be my choice. The silly thing is too heavy and as a result rather slow compared to a straight M3 or M3 Cine. Actually, if you do any video, the M3 Cine can be found quite reasonably. It is only 1 gram heavier than a stock M3. Personally I am not at all impressed with the 7x zoom, as it runs rather soft for me. The only actual use I have found for that function is to use it like a set binoculars to check something that may be of interest in a distance, aside from that I never take shots with it. Reality is you can get a M3 and a Mini 3 pro for the same price of a M3Pro. The M3Pro is further crippled if you put a wide angle on it for instance. The gimbal can barely handle the extra weight and tends to wobble when you brake. It also tends to take off nose low putting the gimbal at risk if your on grass. It really, really needs a landing pad, or get good at hand launching.

Aside from that it is a fine drone, just not my choice. I will end up selling mine soon.
2023-11-23
Use props
Prospect101
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Dogpilot Posted at 11-23 14:45
I know the group love is leaning to the M3Pro. Nice drone, I have one. It would not be my choice. The silly thing is too heavy and as a result rather slow compared to a straight M3 or M3 Cine. Actually, if you do any video, the M3 Cine can be found quite reasonably. It is only 1 gram heavier than a stock M3. Personally I am not at all impressed with the 7x zoom, as it runs rather soft for me. The only actual use I have found for that function is to use it like a set binoculars to check something that may be of interest in a distance, aside from that I never take shots with it. Reality is you can get a M3 and a Mini 3 pro for the same price of a M3Pro. The M3Pro is further crippled if you put a wide angle on it for instance. The gimbal can barely handle the extra weight and tends to wobble when you brake. It also tends to take off nose low putting the gimbal at risk if your on grass. It really, really needs a landing pad, or get good at hand launching.

Aside from that it is a fine drone, just not my choice. I will end up selling mine soon.

So which one drone would be your choice/?
2023-11-23
Use props
BetterBizTech
Captain
United States

Dogpilot Posted at 11-23 14:45
I know the group love is leaning to the M3Pro. Nice drone, I have one. It would not be my choice. The silly thing is too heavy and as a result rather slow compared to a straight M3 or M3 Cine. Actually, if you do any video, the M3 Cine can be found quite reasonably. It is only 1 gram heavier than a stock M3. Personally I am not at all impressed with the 7x zoom, as it runs rather soft for me. The only actual use I have found for that function is to use it like a set binoculars to check something that may be of interest in a distance, aside from that I never take shots with it. Reality is you can get a M3 and a Mini 3 pro for the same price of a M3Pro. The M3Pro is further crippled if you put a wide angle on it for instance. The gimbal can barely handle the extra weight and tends to wobble when you brake. It also tends to take off nose low putting the gimbal at risk if your on grass. It really, really needs a landing pad, or get good at hand launching.

Good points. I love my air 2S and would love to see what the air 3S will offer. Unforetuntely the mini series doesn'y hold u well to higher winds. I feel the Cine is out of my rnge.
2023-11-23
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules