Ronin-M stopped working, as if motor kill was turned on
32809 49 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AF1
lvl.1
United States

grndmastersplsh Posted at 2017-3-11 18:39
Sup fellas instead of adding to the long list of fellow Ronin operators I'll just say what I did that fixed the problem. Long story short, the Ronin-M has a function called motion kill that shuts down the power to the motors to prevent them from damaging after a trauma. Simply go into the assistant app for PC/MAC/Mobile and unselect that "enable motor kill" if that doesn't work reset to factory default. Worked for me I hope it works for you all.

This actually worked to solve my motor kill problem.

FYI: My auto stability is only available after powering up the Ronin M then linking the app via Blue Tooth.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

shycookey@gmail Posted at 2015-9-9 02:55
I have a similar ptroblem. When I ppwer up the  ronin m  nothing happens. the battery lights up as it should and a blinking red light  on the ronin m.       I first unboxed it about 3 days ago, every thing setup as should. downloaded the assistant app.  powered on the ronin and I saw it started to calibrate like it should.  but after I turned it of then back on, nothing happens. it's like the motors are not receiving any power. its brand new.  never been used.  any help suggestions or advice?

Hi, sorry to read on this. Were you able to resolve this issue? Where are you at now with this?
2017-9-13
Use props
Kaleb Nation
New

United States

Go to Gimbal Assistant app and go to info icon. Make sure your S/N is in there and click activate on the right side. It made mine come right on.
2018-5-28
Use props
ymdesigns
New

United Kingdom

hi everyone, the solution should be that YOU HAVE TO UPGRADE ALL THE FIRMWAREs especially the battery one . (connect your ronin to the pc using the original USB only.
2018-6-7
Use props
fans14a56df8
New

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-1-10 15:36
Have you made sure that the battery is firmly in the battery compartment? The 'non intelligent battery' warning can appear if it's not fully in. Did you get this unit from the DJI Website or from a dealer?

that really can't be your reply like we're idiots andante know how to secure a battery.. reply with a real solution not with a stupid question to a question
2018-11-4
Use props
skylakemedia
New

Australia

fans14a56df8 Posted at 2018-11-4 19:47
that really can't be your reply like we're idiots andante know how to secure a battery.. reply with a real solution not with a stupid question to a question

Hey everyone,

This just worked for me. Was scared ...less I thought it was bricked.

Make sure your GCU cable on the bottom is plugged in all the way. Mine was out. Now everything works like normal again.
2019-6-1
Use props
midheach
lvl.1

Ireland

I have the exact issue like do many others. I turn on unit. Lights up and motor making a sound but do not operate. Cannot connect to phone app as no devices showing on Bluetooth. When connected directly to my Mac it shows up but cannot make any changes. The firmware needs updating but fails to update. Serial number not showing and when I type in the number is says invalid s/n. What a joke. DJI seem to wash their hands of their products once they are shipped out. How can they stand over products that are clearly faulty??
2019-11-29
Use props
antho le barbu
lvl.1

France

5 ans apres mon ronin M fait la meme chose il
maj impossible
s/n non valide
pas de moteur ....
qui a une soluce svp ?
2020-10-18
Use props
fans2ae3f23a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 386880 ft
United States

I have had all the issues everyone here keeps complaining about. Has there been a fix to this issue and not just tightening the battery in place. A real answer!

Thanks
2020-11-4
Use props
djiuser_ZYua6L4uRJy9
New

Canada

midheach Posted at 2019-11-29 16:21
I have the exact issue like do many others. I turn on unit. Lights up and motor making a sound but do not operate. Cannot connect to phone app as no devices showing on Bluetooth. When connected directly to my Mac it shows up but cannot make any changes. The firmware needs updating but fails to update. Serial number not showing and when I type in the number is says invalid s/n. What a joke. DJI seem to wash their hands of their products once they are shipped out. How can they stand over products that are clearly faulty??

Did you ever figure anything out with this issue, I think I'm in the same boat.
2021-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules