2600 25 2023-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IObtq80HzoBA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7103 ft
Germany

Hi there.

I received my drone a few weeks ago. First flights and videos/photos were fine. But recently the auto focus is only focusing on close by objects.
When tilting the camera to more distant object the camera tries to get the focus, but cause back to be out of focus.

It's really annoying considering the price. Plus, I removed the C0 class and a replacement might not come in time, as the C0 can only be removed until the end of the year.

Anyone got any tips or solutions?
Thanks.
2023-12-2
Use props
djiuser_IObtq80HzoBA
lvl.1
Germany

Yeah well, and just after posting my issues I got this message. So at least the system is aware of lens issue.
Nice.
20231202_135848.jpg
2023-12-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. Do you still experience after restarting the aircraft? If so, can you please show us a screen recording? Thank you for your patience.
2023-12-2
Use props
tornography
lvl.1
Germany

Hey so
  • Screen recording of the RC2 trying to focus (auto/manual): here
  • Video of the mini 4 pro titling the camera not getting foucs: here
  • According to this message on reddit, I already opened a replacement ticket, unless there is an 'easy' way to fix this.

Thanks
2023-12-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

tornography Posted at 12-3 03:25
Hey so
  • Screen recording of the RC2 trying to focus (auto/manual): here

• Hi, there. Sorry for the trouble that it may have caused. Since you already created a replacement case, I would recommend paying attention to your email for further updates. Rest assured your case will be handled accordingly. Please feel free to keep us posted if you have further concerns.
    2023-12-3
    Use props
    tornography
    lvl.1
    Germany

Hey there. Just a heads up for you.
    I sent my device in and received a replacement after five days.
    The new device is working as expected for now. Well the first one did too, for the first flights. But I hope this one will be ok.

All in all DJI provided a good service.
    2023-12-14
    Use props
    DJI Tony
    Administrator

tornography Posted at 12-14 01:40
    The new device is working as expected for now. Well the first one did too, for the first flights. But I hope this one will be ok.

We are glad you already received your aircraft and that DJI's service reached your satisfaction. You can always reach out to us if you need further assistance. Have a great day.
    2023-12-17
    Use props
    Avni Bicerri
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 96539 ft
    Albania

I bought a Dji Mini 4 Pro and it has the same problem, i have to power it off and on several times so that it might focus.

How can i solve it, any suggestions?
    2023-12-26
    Use props
    DJI Tony
    Administrator

Avni Bicerri Posted at 12-26 00:33
    I bought a Dji Mini 4 Pro and it has the same problem, i have to power it off and on several times so that it might focus.

How can i solve it, any suggestions?

Hi there. Is it also showing "Camera Lens Error"? You can try refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series, restart the Mini 4 Pro and check if the error still exists. Thank you.
    2023-12-26
    Use props
    bicerrivideo
    lvl.1
    Albania

DJI Tony Posted at 2023-12-26 02:57
    Hi there. Is it also showing "Camera Lens Error"? You can try refreshing the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 https://www.dji.com/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series, restart the Mini 4 Pro and check if the error still exists. Thank you.

Hello Tony,  i made the firmware refresh through the Dji Assistant 2 and i am still have the focus problem on my Dji Mini 4 Pro.

I also made a screen record from the RC 2 controller. What should i do on the following problem?
    1-6 12:52
    Use props
    DJI Tony
    Administrator

bicerrivideo Posted at 1-6 12:52
    Hello Tony,  i made the firmware refresh through the Dji Assistant 2 and i am still have the focus problem on my Dji Mini 4 Pro.

I also made a screen record from the RC 2 controller. What should i do on the following problem?

Hello there. Sorry about the trouble. If it's also showing "Camera Lens Error" please send it back to DJI for repair. If not, please post the video for further checking. You can upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and then paste the link here. Thank you.
    1-7 02:11
    Use props
    bicerrivideo
    lvl.1
    Albania

No, i am not having a "Camera Lens Error" on my Mini 4 Pro. I turn it on and focus doesnt work, i have to restart the device and sometimes it needs me 2-3 restarts so that the focus works.
    Here is a link of the problem i am saying:
    Controller Screen Record: https://youtu.be/7GAuGF3pnPU
    Phone Record: https://youtube.com/shorts/5hZ9N9Q_qvo?feature=share
    1-7 09:22
    Use props
    DJI Tony
    Administrator

bicerrivideo Posted at 1-7 09:22
    No, i am not having a "Camera Lens Error" on my Mini 4 Pro. I turn it on and focus doesnt work, i have to restart the device and sometimes it needs me 2-3 restarts so that the focus works.
    Here is a link of the problem i am saying:
    Controller Screen Record: https://youtu.be/7GAuGF3pnPU

Hi, bicerrivideo. Please check whether the lens is dirty. We recommend wiping the lens with a wet tissue. Also please make sure the firmware version is the latest; if not, please update it. If yes, please try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2: https://www.dji.com/no/downloads ... sumer-drones-series. If the issue persists, reset the camera parameters in the app. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
    1-8 02:09
    Use props
    bicerrivideo
    lvl.1
    Albania

Maybe you didnt read my post. It works well after i turn off and on again so its not a dirty lens. Also, i did the firmware refresh with the dji asisstant.
    1-8 03:29
    Use props
    The Pain
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 177 ft

United States

I'm having the same focus issues.  Just started today.  What I have found is that it appears to happen when I change from photos to video.  Goes blurry and refuses to focus until I bring it back and start all over again..
    1-14 15:23
    Use props
    djiuser_ClFqHEwlxwWo
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 1906690 ft
    Estonia

Same here, right side of landscape picture/video is blurry. What is a solution? left_vs_right.png
    1-15 04:30
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

The Pain Posted at 1-14 15:23
    I'm having the same focus issues.  Just started today.  What I have found is that it appears to happen when I change from photos to video.  Goes blurry and refuses to focus until I bring it back and start all over again..

Hello, there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Does this phenomenon happen each flight? Please try to refresh the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 software or simply visit this link. If the problem persists, you may provide us with a short video demonstrating the problem for further checking. I hope to hear from you soon.
    1-19 02:20
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

djiuser_ClFqHEwlxwWo Posted at 1-15 04:30
    Same here, right side of landscape picture/video is blurry. What is a solution?

Hi, there. We're sorry to hear about the situation. May I confirm the current firmware version of your aircraft? Also, would it be possible for you to upload the original photo and video showing the problem? Please know that I've sent you a direct message regarding this matter. I hope to hear from you soon.
    1-19 02:29
    Use props
    djiuser_ClFqHEwlxwWo
    lvl.3
    Flight distance : 1906690 ft
    Estonia

tornography Posted at 2023-12-14 01:40
    The new device is working as expected for now. Well the first one did too, for the first flights. But I hope this one will be ok.

Did you send only the drone or all staff in the original packaging?
    1-22 00:34
    Use props
    tornography
    lvl.1
    Germany

djiuser_ClFqHEwlxwWo Posted at 1-22 00:34
    Did you send only the drone or all staff in the original packaging?

Hey, I sent the whole package with all the stuff in the fly more set. In return a received a whole new set, not just the drone.
    1-22 01:03
    Use props
    DJI Gamora
    Administrator

djiuser_ClFqHEwlxwWo Posted at 1-22 00:34
    Did you send only the drone or all staff in the original packaging?

Hi, there. Sorry to bother you at this moment. Please be advised that I've sent you an update regarding this matter. You may check and kindly keep us posted if you have further concerns. Thank you for your support.
    2-11 21:21
    Use props
    djiuser_4vYEQqU5qqwW
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 96654 ft
    Australia

I am having the same problem with my Mini 4 Pro.
    2-22 07:25
    Use props
    djiuser_4vYEQqU5qqwW
    lvl.2
    Flight distance : 96654 ft
    Australia

Hi. Has anyone found a satisfactory solution to this problem? I am having the same issue. WIll a replacement also have the same issues?
    2-22 07:28
    Use props
    Alex_Russo
    lvl.1

Netherlands

I'm had the same problem.. I bought in November and took to a trip in January without previously test it (I never had a problem before with other DJI drones), all my footages are blurry, my entire trip footage is garbage, I can't use it. For the first time I can complain about DJI product. Very frustrated..
    2-22 14:20
    Use props
    Ninad Katdare
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 262776 ft

India

Having the same issue - mainly because of new Firmware update !
    I need to downgrade the update on my mini 4 pro but it is not allowing me to do that. I am in India and there is no ASC here.
    Assistant 2 app doesn't work. There is no official support on downgrading firmware from DJI.
    In this technology driven world, DJI should take a look at the drones from VPN / Virtual systems and help people than giving standard CORPORATE answers !
    This is really frustrating as the investment in the drone is high and unfortunately disappointment too !
    3-3 09:42
    Use props
    djiuser_AC3C0DsWLlvn
    lvl.1
    United States

I too had the same problem with auto focus not working on Mini Pro 4. I saw the comment from DJI about cleaning the lens, and I thought that was stupid, but I got thinking about it and I checked my lens and there was a smudge on the filter. Cleaned that up and the problem went away. I'm incredibly anal with my drone and I was surprised to find a smudge, but live and learn.  The next time you're flying in the day and this happens, try try turning your drone 180 degrees and wait and see if this doesn't clear up the problem. If it does, then you have a smudge. They are incredibly hard to spot sometimes and you got to hold them up sideways to bright light. If It happens at night, turn away from any bright lights you're looking at and see if that doesn't clear up the problem. Same thing. The reflection from the sun in the day and the reflection from the light at night highlights the smudge on the lense and it confuses the camera. The camera is alternating focusing on the smudge and the view
    3-10 13:58
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules