Has FW 1.4.0.10 fixed old bugs???
2525 23 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

Has anyone noticed if the latest FW1.4.0.10 fixed the bugs in past FW? I would hope that DJI would have fixed what’sbroken before they create new options with new problems.
2015-9-7
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-7 13:03
I cannot speak from personal experience as I will not be undertaking FW replacement for another ten  ...

Paul,
Mine has been doing the exact same handling as yours is, poorly since the 1.3 update plus a few other minor problems such as constantly losing connection with the pilot app to the bird.
2015-9-7
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

as per reading the forums it seems to have created more, which is an ongoing trend.  I dont update mine, havnt since january.  It works great and i have zero need for the bloatware in the go app or the new autoflight features.  Lots of people reporting it flies slower and gps position drifts more.
2015-9-7
Use props
woodward9594
New

United States

I can't speak for anybody else, but the 1.4.0.10 FW update just completely killed my bird. It's just totally useless. I have tried every trick imaginable but nothing has worked. Multiple SD cards, reformatting, downgrading, etc.. It just beeps and beeps forever. The tail light doesn't even light up anymore, and it doesn't even produce a .txt file. I spoke with DJI in Cali, and they told me to send it in for repair (of course). So, looks like I'll be sending it back. Unbelievable. I've never had such a frustrating experience with a product before. Especially not when doing something as straight-forward as a simple FW upgrade!! Jeeze.

Any last-minute suggestions before I head to the FedEx store??

I should mention that the ONLY reason I upgraded at all was because the waypoint navigation is necessary if I'm to use the Inspire for Ag Mapping, which is my intention. From what I've been reading, however, the waypoint navigation is kind of a joke, compared to the GS waypoint navigation.

I thought 3rd party developers were working on some nav software??
2015-9-8
Use props
chris
lvl.3
United States

Ive seen many post with the same problems your having with the same DJI response to ship it back. I'm on FW 1.3 and the bird is very unstable, going to down grade back to 1.2.1.06 after hearing the horror stories on 1.4.0.
Good luck!!
2015-9-8
Use props
woodward9594
New

United States

chris@corp-medi Posted at 2015-9-8 18:15
Ive seen many post with the same problems your having with the same DJI response to ship it back. I' ...

I would LOVE to downgrade to an earlier release, but alas, it won't do it. It's as if it's stuck in a kind of "software loop" whereby it can't even initiate the upgrade/downgrade at all. That's just ridiculous. Well, hopefully, if I send it first thing in the morning maybe I'll at least be one of the first ones to get fixed. Ugh... So frustrating.
2015-9-8
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having trouble with 1.3 recording video and pictures to the SD card.  The 1.4 update seems to have fixed the issue, now to go outside and test it.  
2015-9-8
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Tilted horizon and Altitude drift are still there.
Haven't tested slave video feed as yet, but as we still only have the 8 channels enabled I'm not hopeful for a fix re the lag / pixelated feed on the slave controller.
2015-9-8
Use props
healbunny
lvl.2

Canada

after 1.3...my samsung tab s 8.4 will freeze during the flight plus lag video feedback....but my bird doing fine.....
2015-9-8
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-9-9 07:00
I was having trouble with 1.3 recording video and pictures to the SD card.  The 1.4 update seems to  ...

how did it go?
2015-9-8
Use props
3space
lvl.2
Flight distance : 587359 ft
Canada

For the first time, I'm having Compass loss every flight since upgrading from a shakey v. 1.3  to 1.4.10.  Anybody else?
2015-9-8
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

stayed on firmware .06 pilot app 1.1.2 and very happy!!! ya i have a slight horizon gimbal issue 50% of the time but for me  F.W. updating is to risky and why fix whats not broke, i know how to fly in a circle on moving and stationary P.O.I's no disrespect to anyone but you should know how to do these things on a $3,000 bird anyway. FWIW. Now when they come out with a F.W. that specifically address THE GIMBAL HORIZON ISSUE then ill consider!!!!
2015-9-8
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

I loaded the new firmware (v1.4.0.10) yesterday and updated all the batteries.  Did a quick test flight yesterday and seemed OK.  However, in conducting a roof survey today, admittedly in winds between 10-20kmh which previously would not phase it, it was all over the place.  Would not hold position, vertically or horizontally.  Was bobbing and weaving 2-3 m in both altitude and latitude.  Absolutely awful.  Even conducted 2 compass cals on site.  Quite disappointed this morning so will need to do more testing.  For me v1.3.00 was rock solid.  Hoping it may have been solar flare related or similar cos she wasn't a stable bird today
2015-9-9
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

tim foster Posted at 2015-9-9 02:00
stayed on firmware .06 pilot app 1.1.2 and very happy!!! ya i have a slight horizon gimbal issue 50% ...

Great response.  Learn how to fly it vs trusting it to fly itself.
2015-9-9
Use props
Shadrack
lvl.2

Canada

I updated yesterday and will be doing tests tonight.  Flying the Inspire over a quad racing track.  I was getting drift on 1.1.3 but it was still very flyable.
2015-9-9
Use props
Atlas
lvl.3

United States

Shadrack Posted at 2015-9-10 00:04
I updated yesterday and will be doing tests tonight.  Flying the Inspire over a quad racing track.   ...

I upgraded on the 7th and filmed my Son water skiing.   Pushed the bird pretty hard in all directions - no issues.   I did notice that it does seem touchy.   Perhaps I need to dial in my expo's.   I did not notice any drift.  

Here's a link to the video :
2015-9-9
Use props
Atlas
lvl.3

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-10 03:38
Niiiiice !!!

It looks like he dropped a ski at 1:15,

Paul,

I was on shore.  My father in law and wife were in the boat.  My feet where solidly planted on the ground.   I want to try a boat launch but haven't had the guts to launch from the bow surrounded by railing.  I'll work up to it though.  

P.S.  Yes - he did drop a ski.  This was his 4th attempt at it and he did pretty well in my opinion (but I am biased).

-David
2015-9-9
Use props
Atlas
lvl.3

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-10 04:07
You did that from on-shore??? Wow...! I guess you were relying a little more on the FPV for depth  ...

Paul,

It's pretty easy to spot the ski boot floating in the water.  But to be safe, my son dropped the ski right next to a crab trap in front of our pier.   Pretty easy to spot.
Thank you for your kind words.

2015-9-9
Use props
3space
lvl.2
Canada

Atlas Posted at 2015-9-9 15:58
Paul,

I was on shore.  My father in law and wife were in the boat.  My feet where solidly planted ...

What was your max distance between remote and Inspire 1?  I live on the water, and as such, most of my flying is over water.  It's a very nice safe wide-open space (as long as it doesn't go for a dive).  

I was playing with remote home point or whatever it is called last night.  I had originally though it was "follow me", but actually, it seems to be "set home point to where I am now".  I'd then walk 30m away, and confirm that the home point is still where I WAS when I hit the home point last.  Then, I press that button again, and it updates to where I currently am.  I did this about 7 times yesterday.  This is different from "follow me" (obviously), which is unavailable on the Inspire at this point.
2015-9-10
Use props
3space
lvl.2
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-10 13:10
Ahhhhh.... So at least one person can use their RC as the setting for their home-point.
I've been a ...

Hey Paul.  Here is what my Flight Record says on playback (see attached pic):

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at 5.39.29 PM.png
2015-9-10
Use props
3space
lvl.2
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-10 13:10
Ahhhhh.... So at least one person can use their RC as the setting for their home-point.
I've been a ...

I have to say, the whole home point is temperamental.  Sometimes it says, "Home Point Not Successfully Recorded", or something to that effect.  My guess is that this is a reasonably simple software or firmware fix.  Sometimes it looks like it is updating the home point when I press the on-screen button, but the text/voice message says otherwise.  I"m not worried about it.  I'm sure it will appear soon.
2015-9-10
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

Atlas Posted at 2015-9-9 15:23
I upgraded on the 7th and filmed my Son water skiing.   Pushed the bird pretty hard in all directi ...

You are a pro for sure. Killer video.
Just cannot imagine how cool it would have been to have these toys when we were kids.
Vertibird and a Cox airplane tied to two strings, that's what I had lol......
2015-9-10
Use props
Atlas
lvl.3

United States

joeyjoe Posted at 2015-9-11 08:37
You are a pro for sure. Killer video.
Just cannot imagine how cool it would have been to have thes ...

Thanks for the kind words.   

Vertibird!!!! I LOVED THAT TOY!!!!  And yes, if we had multi rotors as kids, I can't imagine the trouble we would have gotten into.

;)
2015-9-11
Use props
3space
lvl.2
Canada

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-10 17:55
From what I can tell, setting the RC as a home point used to work until a FW change a few months ba ...

Of course you're right that I want it all to work now (if yesterday's not an option!). I just mean that I'll continue to fly in the meantime, and I think that it will be fixed sometime soon.

I just did have a transmitter failure though, a few seconds ago.  No compass fail, just lost everything.  The inspire executed it's come home subroutine, something I was very happy to see.  I rebooted the transmitted, and all came back.  That is NOT a feature, it's a necessity, so I'm very unhappy about that!
2015-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules