Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video lag after update....anyone else??
1768 15 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Just took Mary Poppins out for a test flight with new firmware.  POI= GREAT, Follow Me= Great, Home Lock= Great.....new video lag= HORRIBLE!   Even while sitting on the ground less than 10 ft away my ipad mini 3 would cut out (black screen), pixelation etc.  Turned off hardware decode then back on...same issue.   Anyone else noticing this issue??

thanks in advance!

2015-9-7
Use props
SkySurfer
lvl.2

United States

Did you try rebooting?
Close ALL apps in the background
Also, did you have wifi enabled?

Try all above with Airplane Mode enabled and report back
2015-9-7
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

Realized when I checked that wifi was enabled.  Will going into Airplane mode affect GPS?   Planning on going back out after a recharge and will let you know.

TKS
2015-9-7
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

I also noticed this with my ipad mini2.
Let me know if you figure up a work around.
Thanks,
2015-9-7
Use props
Chuck1906
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3574003 ft
United States

How are you getting your iPad Mini's to work? I tried to download the DJI Go app to mine and it keeps saying my device is not compatible.
2015-9-7
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 297523 ft
France

Chuck1906 Posted at 2015-9-8 01:22
How are you getting your iPad Mini's to work? I tried to download the DJI Go app to mine and it keep ...

U may have an ipad mini 1 i guess...
Works only on mini2 or 3.
Have the same problem on my mini2, with stock apple cable, after 5 min... lag and freeze.
(Hardware decode on, all aps killed, no video cache, and the ipad mini2 is cold)
2015-9-7
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

I have the same issue on my iPad Air 2. I had 0 lag issues before the update. Now in airplane mode... with the P3 3 feet in front of me... i get massive lag spikes. New features are very cool but might have to go back to the prev firmware because the video lag is just brutal.

Hopefully someone figures out what is causing it
2015-9-7
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

Update:
Went out again after making sure Hardware decode was ON, turned on airplane mode, AND... changed the video quality to the ipad 3 mini to the lowest setting (used the slider to go all the way to the left).   I had no pixilation, no major lag and my feed held solid out to 2500' in a VERY suburban area even crossing major power lines.   I think the final trick was changing the video quality.   

Hope this helps.. please try and report back.

2015-9-7
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
France

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2015-9-8 03:48
Update:
Went out again after making sure Hardware decode was ON, turned on airplane mode, AND... ch ...

What do u  mean with "changed the video quality to the ipad mini3".
Where are these settings?
Thx!
2015-9-9
Use props
raynelang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 450492 ft
Canada

I'm with LeHussard... I didnt even know this could be adjusted. I went looking through the menus and couldnt find anything. Is this an ipad setting or a go app setting?
2015-9-10
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

LeHussard Posted at 2015-9-9 18:04
What do u  mean with "changed the video quality to the ipad mini3".
Where are these settings?
Thx! ...

If you tap the HD VIDEO SIGNAL you will see auto and custom. Select custom and you can change quality. But some countries don't allow that and yours might be greyed out.
2015-9-10
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
France

thantk's for the reply... that's my case... greyed...!
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Make sure you are not cashing images and videos while shooting
2015-9-10
Use props
LeHussard
lvl.2
France

Everything off, all background apps killed, hardware decode on, video cache off...
Airplane mode on
background apps update off.
I re-linked the P3P with the controller.
Seems to have resolved the problem.
2015-9-10
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

Sorry all,... I've been away from my computer for what seems like FOREVER.  Hope you've got things worked out.   
2015-9-12
Use props
El Conquistador
lvl.1

United States

Started ok but Lagging a lot now. Tried all of the suggestions but so far its not getting better. Its very difficult trying to get tight shots at moving objects when you can't tell exactly which way the camera is pointing.
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules