Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Modes
12345678910Next >
78208 392 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

DJI is happy to announce the release of Intelligent Flight Modes for the Phantom 3 and Inspire 1. To take advantage of these features, visit your product’s download page at DJI.com, download and install the latest firmware, and update the DJI GO app to the latest version (iOSV2.2.0 and Android V2.1.0 ).

With this firmware update, the Phantom 3 Advanced will also be upgraded to support 2.7K (2704x1520p30) video recording.

Inspire 1 Latest Firmware: V1.4.00.10

Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Latest Firmware:V1.4.10

Phantom 3 Standard Latest Firmware: V1.1.30

地面站视觉稿开发用_09.png
Waypoints
Record a flight path, then tell your Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 to fly along the same path repeatedly while you control the camera and orientation. Save your favorite missions, customize speed, and more.  

兴趣点环绕2.jpg
Point of Interest
Tell your Phantom 3 or Inspire 1 to automatically revolve around a designated object, person, or place in a perfect circle. Automatic and customizable, get shots that only experts could before.

智能跟随2.jpg
Follow Me
(Phantom 3 series only)
Tell your Phantom 3 to follow you, and it automatically flies and keeps you in the camera’s view wherever you go.

1.jpg
Home Lock
Customize your flight controls to be relative to you at all times. Flick a switch, and forward/backward and left/right flight will be set in relation to the Home Point.

QQ截图20150909102010.jpg
Course Lock
Easily fly along a set path by putting your platform into Course Lock, which sets all flight controls to directions relative to its current heading.

| LEARN MORE |

Note: Intelligent Flight Modes are only available when sufficient GPS signal is available. Always fly safely and with your hands on the controller at all times, even when using these automatic functions.

2015-9-7
Use props
Czyka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wasn't there enough time for someone to write a manual describing how to implement these functions?
2015-9-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

yeah, sorry
The manual should be coming soon.
2015-9-7
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Until then, you can go to this thread and learn how to use all the new functions.
It is for the P3 but the I1 is the same.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-29855-1-1.html
2015-9-7
Use props
tim.zoomy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 999767 ft
Canada

Czyka Posted at 2015-9-7 22:31
Wasn't there enough time for someone to write a manual describing how to implement these functions?

This video tells you how to use the features.  You have to put your controller in F mode.
2015-9-7
Use props
robkuijpers
New

Netherlands

Yesterday i updated my p3 advance from firmware 1.3.20 to 1.4.00.10
Also installed the new app android version v2.10
Log file says update successful.
I can now access the 2,7K camera modes
When I take off the p3 adv. and I put the flight mode from P to F I can’t access the new flight modes.
In the tutorials on internet they says the button on your phone  right from the satellite indication there you can select the new fight modes.
Only not by my device
The touch screen button right from the satellite indication stays empty en I can’t access the new flight modus.i also enabled fthe multi fly mode
What do I do wrong?
2015-9-7
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

robkuijpers Posted at 2015-9-8 15:38
Yesterday i updated my p3 advance from firmware 1.3.20 to 1.4.00.10
Also installed the new app andro ...

only becomes available with "enough" gps signals.
Not clear how many tho
2015-9-8
Use props
giant
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

Make sure you have IOC switched ON in your settings
2015-9-8
Use props
mlanept
New

United States

On the Waypoints feature, do you really have to establish the waypoints via  flying to them or can you establish them on the map first and then have the copter fly to them via waypoints?  The former seems a bit cumbersome.
2015-9-8
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

mlanept@me.com Posted at 2015-9-8 18:54
On the Waypoints feature, do you really have to establish the waypoints via  flying to them or can y ...

Right! the main reason to set the way-points this way is that it's more precised  then a map. and in our case even few meter difference is extremely important, in terms of safety.
2015-9-8
Use props
CaveDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-8 06:01
Right! the main reason to set the way-points this way is that it's more precised  then a map. and ...

Makes Sense, DJI-Tim
2015-9-8
Use props
adrianjacobs
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Is the POI feature going to be made available for the P2V+?
2015-9-8
Use props
robkuijpers
New

Netherlands

Linolens Posted at 2015-9-8 11:06
only becomes available with "enough" gps signals.
Not clear how many tho

Did enable multi flight mode
Take off, switch from P to F mode also confirmed on the screen P to F
GPS shows 19 satellites
Height 30 meters
For one short time (2 sec)  I saw the multi flight icon where I could select het options but after 2 seconds is was gone en the video connection whit my phone (Samsung galaxy s5) was gone
After al full reset of the phone (Wi-Fi off Mobil data off) I tried again but no results.
Firmware up to date app latest version phone up to date even the remote controller I gave a update while DJI says it was not necessary.
2015-9-8
Use props
r_helmus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18855 ft
Netherlands

Hi Tim, pls help. i have updated firmware Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Latest Firmware:V1.4.10, MY RC is also up to date. and i'm using the latest DJI GO on my android as well as on my Ipad air.

the firmware update went smooth no problem within 16 miutes. txt file states update succesfull.

i want to acces the IOC mode but i can't. the little IOC bar in the DJI app is not clear white BUT grey and i can't shift this bar from left to right.
resetting IOC is not possible.
i enabled multuple flight mode (green bar) and have my RC in F MODE.

what can i do to get : "enable IOC" working? hope you can help/advise me. thks in advance Rob

i have deleted the DJI GO APP from mij tablets  and downloaded it several times again but did not work either.
question;

is there a way to install the  old firmware version (Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1.3.20_en) on my phantom in order to start the firmware upgrade process all over again?

hope to hearing from you Tim

2015-9-8
Use props
msoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460522 ft
United States

I have not upgraded my P3P yet but do have a question about the new features. Once I upgrade, I understand that I have to select the "F" mode to gain access to the new features. Do I have to fly in this mode if I used the features?
Thank,
Mike
2015-9-8
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Czyka Posted at 2015-9-8 01:31

It seems that DJI is always in a rush to get their new app and software out before any manuals or instructions. This could explain all the mishaps.
2015-9-8
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Macao

msoto Posted at 2015-9-8 21:38
I have not upgraded my P3P yet but do have a question about the new features. Once I upgrade, I unde ...

yes you do
Get back to P to regain full control and manual flight (GPS mode)
2015-9-8
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Macao

robkuijpers Posted at 2015-9-8 20:29
Did enable multi flight mode
Take off, switch from P to F mode also confirmed on the screen P to  ...

seems like you're not the only one.
Might be a bug
At least there are reports of more stability at hovering, which was bad at 1.3
2015-9-8
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.3

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Check this link also.

2015-9-8
Use props
john_351
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128675 ft
United States

In case not obvious, your phantom has to be airborne for the modes to come up.  It flashes a quick little warning telling you this (if it's sitting on the ground) , but you can miss it.
2015-9-8
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.3

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Another guy to follow.;)

http://youtu.be/vxYV4elau5A
2015-9-8
Use props
FlyGuy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106483 ft
Belgium

r_helmus@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-8 15:11
Hi Tim, pls help. i have updated firmware Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Latest Firmware:V1.4.10, M ...

I have the same issue. I can enable multiple flight mode but can't switch the IOC button  in the app. But when I turn the manual switch to "f-mode" the icon appears in the app and I can enter the different flight modes.  I already mailed DJI yesterday but untill now without any respons.
2015-9-8
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-8 00:35
yeah, sorry

Dave I noticed the skier in the follow me example is not carrying the RC unit...once follow me is set is it the phone or tablet is all that is needed?...  It seems to me the RC would need to be carried... how does that work?

Two more questions... when setting waypoints can elevation alone be used? Say you approach the base of a waterfall with a waypoint... then want to slowly move up the fall but at the same coordinates but a different elevation and log another waypoint at the max elevation before moving on...can this be done?  

Finally what is meant by radius when setting waypoints... Does the aircraft go directly between waypoints or is there a built in radius when starting from one waypoint to the other?

Thanks
2015-9-8
Use props
Kilted Flyer (D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Litchi and Ultimate flight apps now support the P3 and I 1. Havent flown with them yet, Think the waypoints from those apps still work same as with the P2 series.
2015-9-8
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-8 13:01
Right! the main reason to set the way-points this way is that it's more precised  then a map. and ...

I strongly disagree with this.

If not using a FPV glasses you actually can see MUCH BETTER ON THE MAP how near you really are from a bridge, castle, train. You can not estimate the distance on the tablet as well in many situations.

I demand you work over this mode, at least stop to spoil the expensive inspire with firmware restrictions!

My problem is I want to go near trains. Actually I stay much too far away simply because it cannot be estimated on the tablet if I am 5 or 20m away especially when trees are behind it and its critical not to fly too near. But on the map i can set the waypoints 10m from the track, optical I would never go so near just because it looks often like 5m while in reality its still 20m. I see later on the big screen how much nearer I should and could have gone without any problem.

I am following trains (with the car and stop at specific points to use the drone while the tain ist not waiting for my) so there is NO TIME to fly missions twice or start testing at the set.

Also the 500m range limit is far too less. You cannot sell a high end 3K USD drone and then limit it to kindergarden performance where any 500 USD drone child will laugh on me because their phantom2 will fly the way i cannot. The home point has to be chosen regarding the terrain and not that you are focred to stand in the middle because it cannot fly the 1000m distance otherwise.

And dont forget what you promised in your newsletter about waypoints!

Because of the bad tablet view situation the result will be not half as good as planning it on the map.

Additionally - what if I want a waypoint behind a tower of a castle flying around it where there may be a short distance where the signal could get lost - especially after you removed most channels! I can only program this on the map - and dont tell me its so unsafe if its behind a tower for 50m. What I expect is to plan the waypoints on the map and it will keep flying until the mission is finished.
2015-9-8
Use props
tomtnt.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-8 11:37

If not using a FPV glasses you actually can see MUCH BETTER ON THE  ...

Really?  you DEMAND it?  I'm sure they'll listen to your DEMANDS.   If you are unhappy - perhaps you should sell the Inspire and stop supporting DJI by buying more of their products?  Or try one of the 3rd party apps which will allow you to preplan your flights.  

BTW, they promised waypoints and you have waypoints!  Notice that they didn't call it "GROUND" station.  
2015-9-8
Use props
FlyRi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 708842 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Nice option,  fly over, waypoints...

But 3D Solo has much better solution, Cable cam, record point A with gimbal position, record point B with position gimbal and fly form A-B or B -A,,,  selphie for some object..

Making mission without flying. Direct on the map... What if I want fly over river or see? i must fly and Record 1,2,3,4.... Waypoint???
2015-9-8
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

Kilted Flyer (D Posted at 2015-9-8 19:04
Litchi and Ultimate flight apps now support the P3 and I 1. Havent flown with them yet, Think the wa ...

I also hope - will see tomorrow. But sooner or later DJI may spoil 3rd party software with more and more firmware limitations. Remember the "prevent 3rd party software to go over the altitude limit" feature. Also what shock it has been when missions had a lousy 36km/h max speed just because the firmware destroyed the functionality.

The 500m altitude limit is complete nonsense. Especially as the Inspire does NOT calculate the real altitude over ground and probably will never do. Pilots can start from a hill and fly 1000m over ground in a valley anyway, some of them are not even aware of this but this cannot be changed with a altitude limit but only with education.

I just wait until someone crashes into a helicopter claiming the helicopter was flying under sea level because his RC show -500

On the other side its a problem if I am at a middlestation of a mountain and want to fly up. Probably I will crash into the mountain or even fly into people somewhere (I will not but you know what I mean) because DJI shows me 500m altitude and will stop ascending even i am actually 1m over ground.

2015-9-8
Use props
Machoman
Second Officer
Austria

tomtnt.gmail Posted at 2015-9-8 20:51
Really?  you DEMAND it?  I'm sure they'll listen to your DEMANDS.   If you are unhappy - perhaps y ...

Really? I am sad some people just easily accept limitations for such a expensive product. However if you dont know it better just dont tell things that are not true like what DJI promised or not. And I dont need to sell it because under EU consumer legislation I can just give it back for a full refund if it should finally turn out that the features they announced for the product will not be fullfilled and they refuse to provide them in a reasonable amount of time.

DJI promises PLAN autonomous flight paths on a MAP 100 points

DJI promises PLAN autonomous flight paths on a MAP 100 points
2015-9-8
Use props
Show Me Drone
lvl.3
United States

r_helmus@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-8 08:11
Hi Tim, pls help. i have updated firmware Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced Latest Firmware:V1.4.10, M ...

I had the same problem so I deleted the DJI Go app from my tablet and then re-downloaded it and that worked for me    Good luck
2015-9-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-9-8 09:22
Dave I noticed the skier in the follow me example is not carrying the RC unit...once follow me is  ...

The RC unit and his tablet/phone is in his back pack.
edit....   you need a device with GPS receiver

I think you can put one waypoint pretty much on top of another, so your water fall flight should work.

I am not sure why, but  DJI decided to put a max 500 meter radius on the entire way point mission.
It is not setting a radius at each way point if that is what you were asking.
2015-9-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-8 11:37

If not using a FPV glasses you actually can see MUCH BETTER ON THE  ...

Demanding things here is not going to work very well for you!
2015-9-8
Use props
ag0n
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I will take exception with one comment, even though I do think you should be able to choose the waypoints on the map.  I've seen plenty of maps (GPS) where the location is far removed from where the map or GPS says it is.  Flying directly over the point will insure it is correct.  Still, I agree it should be able to do  it via map.

I haven't tried it yet, but I noticed that POI is not "advertised" as being savable so it can be called on again later.  Is this an omission in documentation or does it not allow it (and why)?
2015-9-8
Use props
HermosaDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

Popcorn, get your popcorn and watch as the demands flow in, baby!
2015-9-8
Use props
CaveDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

capbat Posted at 2015-9-8 09:21
It seems that DJI is always in a rush to get their new app and software out before any manuals or  ...

DJI can't win for losing,   people complain about having to wait over and over for the update, now it's the manuals.   I don't need the manual myself,  very easy to figure out once you activate a particular mode while in the air, it steps you though.   There is a lot of information here also.
2015-9-8
Use props
daviskw2004
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-8 16:28
The RC unit and his tablet/phone is in his back pack.

I think you can put one waypoint pretty much on top of another,  ...

Thanks Dave... hope you don't mind me asking these questions because i have some more...lol

Can a waypoint route be restarted say in the middle? It would be useful if when planning a route you could place one where you want to run a POI... Then when you reach that point pause... exit.... start POI place radius along waypoint route... Run the poi then when exiting be able to resume waypoints or restart toward the next waypoint... Is this possible?If not maybe a suggestion in an update to allow POI waypoints and can be pregrammed when the route is created.

Butch
2015-9-8
Use props
tjgroundcontrol
lvl.1

United States

This sounded like a dream come true .. and then .. there are none of these features available on the Inspire 1 after the firmware was successfully updated.
2015-9-8
Use props
Rob88
lvl.4

British Virgin Islands

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-8 17:28
The RC unit is in his back pack.

I think you can put one waypoint pretty much on top of another,  ...

Re the RC unit in the backpack . . . looking forward to seeing something similar to this item in the DJI Store sometime soon . . .

It would be much safer too . . . while one person handles the remote, and manually intervenes if there are any issues, the person being followed does their thing . . . including things that would kill the RC, such as just about any water sport.

P.S.  I am not  trying to promote the LILY.  That is a totally different product that just happened to give me the idea.  But I would like to see DJI offer a waterproof gps beacon.  In fact . . . I will volunteer to test any prototypes, if DJI needs help with that

Thanks again to DJI for introducing these great new features!  Looking forward to seeing how they evolve over time.

lily wristband.jpg
2015-9-8
Use props
Czyka
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3784321 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-8 01:35
yeah, sorry

After reading the Autoflight Logic manual I would like to apologize for my criticism.
2015-9-8
Use props
Fred1969
lvl.3

United States

tjgroundcontrol Posted at 2015-9-8 19:48
This sounded like a dream come true .. and then .. there are none of these features available on the ...

They are there if you upgrade the firmware.  You just have to be in the air for the features  to show up..
2015-9-8
Use props
12345678910Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules