New Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Modes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, the illustration of the waypoints shows a curved line between them - but this is not what happens in practice (?) or can you set the curvature of the path? So that you could circle around an object somewhere along the path?
2015-9-10
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

POI - can you change the radius or altitude over time?
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-11 16:07
POI - can you change the radius or altitude over time?

Yes,  can change  radius and altitude.  in POI mode even  you go full stick, it will move slow and smooth, which is very good for video
2015-9-11
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-11 09:14
Yes,  can change  radius and altitude.  in POI mode even  you go full stick, it will move slow and ...

Thanks for your reply. How do you change the radius. For example I want to start low and tight and then climb and move out further to have a big reveal.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

just pitch it back with the right stick( Mode 2)
2015-9-11
Use props
shed14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6854 ft
Australia

Does the firmware upgrade have to be in order I.e 1.6 to 1.8 to 1.26 etc or can it be go straight from 1.6 to current??????
2015-9-11
Use props
CONTROL FREQ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3762346 ft
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-10 13:36
With this newest update 1.4 you only need to update the aircraft. You do not need to update your ( ...

thanks dave!!
2015-9-11
Use props
Jennifer 1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23501 ft
United States

shed14 Posted at 2015-9-11 06:19
Does the firmware upgrade have to be in order I.e 1.6 to 1.8 to 1.26 etc or can it be go straight fr ...

I did a successful FW update from 1.26 straight to 1.4 with no trouble, for what it's worth. I did need to update my remote control with the 1.3, of course since it didn't need the upgrade to 1.4.
2015-9-11
Use props
spencer
lvl.1

United States

soooo cool, sooooo fun. just got back from africa and the firmware was released. would have loved to use'em there. next time

first test are simple, but the potential is there, tight as an oyster

vimeo.com/138809662

thx dji
2015-9-11
Use props
Jennifer 1701
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23501 ft
United States

mdl5299 Posted at 2015-9-10 23:43
I can think of several reasons. One being trying to keep up with a water skier that has to go 37mp ...

Absolutely! I wanted to chase my jet skis down the river and around the bend. The  effect would have been utterly dramatic to drop in from behind, inch my way up the inside of the arc and explode away coming out of the turn even as my jet ski driver accelerated to full power as shown by it's increase in spray off the sponsons and it's wake.  The jet ski goes to 55 MPH and certainly does not look particularly dramatic at 35 MPH. My jet skis are 16 yrs old. Could you imagine the look a hot rod jet skier would give me had they hired me to shoot them doing their best stuff on their brand new 2015 scream machine and I ask them could they maybe slow down to half speed because I'd barely be able to keep up at that?

Hot boat weekend is this weekend. It's a big weekend around here for everyone to bring their supercharged hot rod boats and race up and down 18 miles of river. I'll only be able to get video of them in the no-wake zone because anyplace else I'd only be able to keep up with their exhaust smoke.

I really could have used that speed.
2015-9-11
Use props
r_helmus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18855 ft
Netherlands

FlyGuy Posted at 2015-9-9 17:17
Rob,

It's a icon that looks like the one you can see in the right button corner, which shows you t ...

thanks,FlyGuy,
i have been out with my Drone. it appears that you don't have to activate IOC. only multiple flight. once in the air switching to F mode all 5 options are available. so i will ignore IOC from now on. all functions especially POI and Follow Me are awesome. happy flying Rob
2015-9-11
Use props
paul.wooding
New

United Kingdom

Jennifer 1701 Posted at 2015-9-11 15:30
Absolutely! I wanted to chase my jet skis down the river and around the bend. The  effect would ha ...

Firstly thank you for a very straight forward upgrade.  No hitches.
I have just been out trying to use the waypoint mode to capture my son sprinting.
He's pretty quick at 11 seconds for 100m.
I am not sure where people are calling out a 30mph speed restriction on the Intelligent mode, as all I was able to achieve was 5m/s which equates to 11.2mph. In free flight then my drone can keep pace with him and capture his entire 100m run (video then used in 'Technique' app (used to be Ubersense) to analyse. In order to do that I need at least 10m/s and more realistically 12 m/s which is his maximum speed during a race (26mph). Any chance of a modification please?
2015-9-11
Use props
kleake1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

I think speed limitations in these new settings is one of the biggest complaints that I have.  In waypoints mode it is 11mph, but you can manually override to 15mph.  In follow me mode it's 22mph.  I don't understand the limitation in waypoint mode, you have flown the route, it's safe, why limit the speed?   Especially if the follow me mode has a higher limit?  I often fly at or near max speed.   Kids skiing behind boat, kids riding dirt bikes and ATV's, lawnmower races, bicycle rides, etc....   Sure if you are looking for photos only, speed is not an issue, but if you are doing video, there are many times where speed is important.   Even on my P2 it is limited at 25 in GPS mode, but many times I would switch to ATTI mode and could do 35mph.   My #1 request in the next update is to get rid of the speed limitations.  Put a warning pop up or something if needed, but allow me to override it when I need to.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Phuglie Posted at 2015-9-11 00:37
Hi, the illustration of the waypoints shows a curved line between them - but this is not what happen ...

Sorry but no, you can not set a curvature in the path of a waypoint mission.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

My pleasure!
2015-9-11
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-11 09:32
just pitch it back with the right stick( Mode 2)

This is in reply to me and increasing the radius?

Thanks
2015-9-11
Use props
Bobj
New

United States

Forgive me if I am in the wrong place to ask this question. With the new firmware update will the Phantom 3 Standard be able to use the Intelligent Flight Mode, and how do I access it? I can not seem to find these functions after doing the update. Thank you all in advance!
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Bobj Posted at 2015-9-11 12:33
Forgive me if I am in the wrong place to ask this question. With the new firmware update will the Ph ...

Yes it will be able to do that.

Go to MC settings, Advanced settings, turne on Multiple Flight Modes.

switch to F-mode on your TX and hit the new button in the app next to the "safe to fly GPS"
2015-9-11
Use props
Father Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 81575 ft
United States

Man, there sure is a lot of whining around here. I love the info you guys give. most of you are way ahead of me in your knowledge of this stuff. I just want to say that this I1 is unf----ing believable. the things we can  do now with these incredible flying cameras is unbelievable. I know we all imagined it when we were kids, but here it is. It's gotta go through its growth stages, but as it is now, its pretty amazing for the average guy. Anyway, my question is, why doesn't the I1 have "follow me?" Someone might have talked about it but I might have missed it. That is one of the coolest features. Is it coming or????
2015-9-11
Use props
Father Fly
lvl.1
United States

I don't know if anyone has brought this up yet, but why is there no "follow me" flight mode for the I1?
2015-9-11
Use props
Father Fly
lvl.1
United States

What about "follow me" for the Inspire 1?
2015-9-11
Use props
Father Fly
lvl.1
United States

Ooops. Now I know there is more than one page. Sorry about the repeated requests.
2015-9-11
Use props
bag1
lvl.1
United States

Czyka Posted at 2015-9-8 00:31
Wasn't there enough time for someone to write a manual describing how to implement these functions?

They barely had time to proofread the announcement.  I thought "50 meters highly" was an aeronautical term I just wasn't familiar with.
2015-9-11
Use props
bag1
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-8 16:29
Demanding things here is not going to work very well for you!

I demand you keep up the good work.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

bag1 Posted at 2015-9-11 15:43

Thanks! I needed the laugh and smile. It has been a rough day today.
2015-9-11
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-11 00:31
everything is coming step by step, i also hope DJI will bring the map based ground station to the  ...

With respect Tim , that is the answer you should have stated long ago vs the bs others have already called you guys on.

someone at DJI realy need to get some basic customer service basics.
Often the TRUTH, well stated will solve many folks problems and questions.

as a father of 4 with youngest being 24 now that was the one thing I tried to stress to all of them.
Its not what you did or are doing so much as the bs and silly stories that mom and I to believe that ARE the issue.

a few weeks back one of you partners had a GOLDEN opportunity to shine in a customer service aspect in a thread. He could have been a hero and made many folks happy with the correct answers and ATTITUDE.

He chose to attack the poster instead!  I was dumfounded and amazed how anyone in a customer relation job could literally been so stupid in how they reacted when it would have been so easy to turn the question into a positive.

What does it seem when some one asks a legitimate question they are picked upon .

Facts, Honesty, Sincerity, and the ability to say I made a mistake.
Those have worked for me in my business since 1984.
2015-9-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-9-11 21:29
With respect Tim , that is the answer you should have stated long ago vs the bs others have alread ...

Kirk, I apologize that we fell short of your expectations.  If you have a link to that post I would personally like to make it right to the user.  We try the best we can every day and sometimes we fail.  That is not the users part but ours.  We continue to try to do better and feedback from users like you make that possible.
2015-9-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

bag1 Posted at 2015-9-11 15:43

Bag1.  Thank you for your comments.  I am pleased to have Dave here.  He is an assist to me as NA Forum Support and the DJI Forum as well.  I know that he appreciates yours and others positive comments.
2015-9-11
Use props
miquelvernet
lvl.1

Belgium

Just updated my P3P to the new firmware, and could only try POI, that worked well, so I imagine the rest will also be working.
One question; I have 3 batteries, and when changing to the second one, it tells me that the battery needs an upgrade.
Do I need to do the upgrade procedure with each battery (so transmitter off and P3P on), or just leaving the file in the micro-SD and doing normal flight will update the batteries when needed?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help,
Miquel
2015-9-12
Use props
toyotaotti
lvl.1

Hungary

I tested the new features, all in the best possible way it works, congratulations to the developers really did a good job.

I regret, however, that max speed dropped to 20% did so back to the previous firmware. At least you have the option to downgrade.

Sorry for my English, I write from Hungary
2015-9-12
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Jennifer 1701 Posted at 2015-9-11 10:30
Absolutely! I wanted to chase my jet skis down the river and around the bend. The  effect would ha ...

Why dont you go back to 1.3 version for this event. So you will get your speed. No ?
2015-9-12
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

miquelvernet Posted at 2015-9-12 05:27
Just updated my P3P to the new firmware, and could only try POI, that worked well, so I imagine the  ...

It is quite simple to fix this.
Watch this video.
2015-9-12
Use props
miquelvernet
lvl.1

Belgium

GQ. Posted at 2015-9-12 12:35
It is quite simple to fix this.
Watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf4Hd4xSFkk

Thank you for the link.
Regards,
Miquel
2015-9-12
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

mlanept@me.com Posted at 2015-9-8 12:54
On the Waypoints feature, do you really have to establish the waypoints via  flying to them or can y ...

Yes... the fact that you have to first fly the route eats some battery power, but for my purpose its quite okay.  Because, where I fly, there is no cell phone reception and therefore I have no maps at the site to benefit from a pre-planned mission anyway.

What I find annoying, is the fact that the App does not acknowledge a successful way-point set. Some form of acknowledgement when you touch the screen would be nice. It would be very disappointing if you set off on the mission and you've missed a critical way-point.  And we all know how many times you have to touch and re-touch the screen of your tablet or phone to get it to respond sometimes...

Something else I find a little unsettling, is the fact that the aircraft does not execute the pre-planned route smoothly.  Something to do with the fact that the complete system seems to behave like a nervous horse ever since the 1.3 upgrade?

My 2c worth.
2015-9-12
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.3

Australia

Everything works great. I actually like the idea of flying the route first, as you set the waypoints. (Unless I just wanna set up a quick cable at a known safe height above obstacles)

Just 2 requests.
1) Remove the 500m limit for waypoints.
2) Release similar technology to Lily's GPS wristband.
2015-9-12
Use props
Lyle
lvl.1

United States

This worked the other day. Now when I flip to F mode, I don't get the menu. It tells me I'm in course lock. I can't figure out how to get out of course lock.
2015-9-12
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Kit Walker Posted at 2015-9-12 14:49
Everything works great. I actually like the idea of flying the route first, as you set the waypoints ...

I would also appreciate the 500m limit taken out - or at least a simpler way of "stitching" more than one route to another, to be able to cover the entire run with one battery under ideal conditions.  I have done a continuous flight of 11km over 14minutes "free hand", but the visuals were rather useless as I had to concentrate on the flying most of the time, as the route is not straight as in the example attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_I3KDxhyCdbWFIyTUlHYXFRZU0/view?usp=sharing

My work normally entails a linear flight path (but not 100% straight) and ranges anything from 1 or 2km, up to 10km or 11km or more.  I fly the aircraft and my assistant drives the vehicle that follows the craft.  

The work enables and provides for "virtual site visits" by engineers and environmental practitioners of my client and saves them lots of money, as the sites are up to 950km away from the main operations centre.

2015-9-12
Use props
nhustak
New

United States

CaveDrone Posted at 2015-9-8 18:46
DJI can't win for losing,   people complain about having to wait over and over for the update, now ...

Going to have to respectfully disagree with you here.  This isn't a $50 drone.  This is a $1000+ drone.   I have no urge whatsoever to 'figure it out' while my drone is in the air.   A basic instruction manual should have came with the new modes.   

And yes there's the simulator...IF you are on a Apple product.   No excuse.

And sure, I did figure it out from the forums.   And I'm glad the heat of competition is getting them rolling on these things - it's really annoying to have this nice piece of kit and listen to the people with what I consider to have 'lesser' drones with more built in capability.

But it's hardly the point.   We're paying for a pro-sumer drone and I expect the support to be at that level.  

I'm also extremely annoyed with the firmware blocking third party software capabilities.  I'm seeing noise that the way point has a 500m limitation....that's a SERIOUS  problem if you want to way point video, say, a golf course.    I hope that's limitation isn't in place for third party software.

My .02 - yours mileage may vary.
2015-9-12
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

nhustak Posted at 2015-9-12 10:51
Going to have to respectfully disagree with you here.  This isn't a $50 drone.  This is a $1000+ d ...

I respect your opinion, you have extremely valid points.   I am not a professional photographer by any means,  a hobbyist by all measures.   I was simply responding to the exceedingly negative posts about the lack of a manual.  We waited this long for the the advanced modes to finally be released,  what is another week or two for the manual?   

I welcome discussion/disagreement  on anything I post.  That is how I learn.  Just so long people don't resort to name calling and getting personal.  At that point the discussion turns into a flame-war and a useless waste of time.  
2015-9-12
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

DJI Dave. Tim team and forum Members

Sorry for my poor english not being my first language.
I often fly where is no GSM services up north.
It would be simple to integrate the maps into the Phantom and Inspire 1 memory.
This is just a suggestion and that would make us more independent from the Cellular Service Providers. No ?
Regards
GQ
2015-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules