Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Modes
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shemp
New

United States

If I recall correctly, I only got one beep when hitting the record video button on my I1 while flying a waypoint mission.  I also remember seeing a message about auto record but don't remember specifics.
2015-9-16
Use props
shemp
New

United States

Whats the point of follow me anyway?
2015-9-16
Use props
evanevery
lvl.1

United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-9-8 11:22
Dave I noticed the skier in the follow me example is not carrying the RC unit...once follow me is  ...

RE the skier and the backpack...

I'm sure no one considers the fact that these adveritsing materials are likely just a stock photo of a skier with a phantom grafted onto the background...

I'ld be really impressed if someone actually grabbed a phantom, upgraded to the latest firmware, took their skies, a backpack, flew to a nice snowy mountain and then recorded the event...

"The RC is in the backpack" - Sure it is...

'cmon guys!
2015-9-16
Use props
evanevery
lvl.1

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-8 13:37
I strongly disagree with this.

If not using a FPV glasses you actually can see MUCH BETTER ON THE  ...

RE: Waypoint charting on the map...

Is it NOT possible to fly your waypoints to record them and still use the onboard map screen to confirm their location?  In this example, your Phantom is simply the cursor you use to locate a specific position on the alternate map screen?

Whats the big deal?
2015-9-16
Use props
tageande
lvl.1
Flight distance : 337608 ft
Norway

msoto Posted at 2015-9-8 15:38
I have not upgraded my P3P yet but do have a question about the new features. Once I upgrade, I unde ...

-Yes U have, but only if you want to use this features, non else.
2015-9-16
Use props
quanthonytrang
First Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

evanevery Posted at 2015-9-17 06:16
RE the skier and the backpack...

I'm sure no one considers the fact that these adveritsing materi ...

The controller in the back pack won't work, esp if the sticks are NOT locked in position. Small bump and you know the rest.

I have successfully setup a secondary device for follow-me using the GO APP (NOT LITCHI+LEASH).and not have to carry the damn controller. And for safety reasons, it's good to still have a pilot operate the tilt and yaw and leave the follow me system to adjust/assist in speed.

You simply turn your second smart GPS enabled device into a hotspot that tethers the GPS co-ordinates to the device connected to the controller. This was achievable on Android. Go app installed on a Galaxy Note 4 and the followed device is an old ZTE prepaid Telstra phone with no sim.

Difficulty - 3 ninjas.
Using an app called TetherGPS (lite version has 5 min sessions and dies after 200min, get the full for $2). The TetherGPS app simply sends GPS data via the wifi.
App can be found here https://play.google.com/store/ap ... soft.tgps&hl=en (watch the clip for instructions). On the device mounted to the controller, make sure you can enable USB debug to enable MOCK LOCATIONS.
I used a throw away android gps enabled phone as the secondary-followed-device (no data or sim required). The followed android device will require "Hotspot and tethering" via wifi.
Install the TetherGPS app on both devices.
Start the wifi hotspot on the secondary device that will be followed. Start the TetherGPS and click Start Server.
Now on the device connected to the controller, connect to the wifi hotspot. Start the TetherGPS and click Start Client.
Depending on device, range can be 50-70m. If it loses wifi range, the Phantom just hovers.

Pros:
•No lag (except by the goapp - Go app needs faster refresh home point rates!!!!)
•Use anywhere where there is an open sky.
•Est 50-70m range (depending on wifi interference)
•No data plan required on followed device - Litchi requires data.
•TetherGPS cost $2 (im sure there are other free apps, I like to support devs).

2015-9-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

shemp Posted at 2015-9-16 22:01
Any thoughts on my "forced landing".  Since this happened, I noticed my video cache is not as good ...

was your VPS on?  Probably you had a bad environment for VPS, which caused it's falure
2015-9-16
Use props
shemp
New

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-17 01:37
was your VPS on?  Probably you had a bad environment for VPS, which caused it's falure

I was over a grass tee box.  I believe VPS was on.  What is the default?
2015-9-17
Use props
geo33
lvl.1

Russia

Stealth... Posted at 2015-9-8 23:46
Another guy to follow.;)

http://youtu.be/vxYV4elau5A

The light screen should be mounted by the dark side to the screen... wow!
2015-9-17
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adamastor Posted at 2015-9-15 23:44
I think I figured it out.

Must still experiment a little more, but it looks promising.

If you have any other questions, please come back.
2015-9-17
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

shemp Posted at 2015-9-17 23:53
I was over a grass tee box.  I believe VPS was on.  What is the default?

Grass could absorb  ultrasonic waves and cause aircraft's altitude drop
2015-9-17
Use props
bastan
lvl.1

Ukraine

P3P, firmware updated to 1.4.0010
Android, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, DJI GO 2.1.0

When the drone is in the air and I flip the switch from P to F mode I get the following toast message in the bottom of the screen: "course lock or home lock is enabled".
No dialog is displayed to choose Intelligent Flight Mode, nor new button next to the "safe to fly GPS" displayed either.

In case I turn off Multiple Flight Modes in the settings and do the same (in the air, switch to F mode), - dialog is displayed first asking to enable Multiple Flight Modes. Choose to enable and the same result afterwards: popup message "course lock or home lock is enabled" and no way to choose other flight mode.

Drone is behaving like it is in course lock mode. However I cannot switch this mode off and turn on other Intelligent Flight Mode. Any help on this?
2015-9-18
Use props
Jennifer 1701
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23501 ft
United States

GQ. Posted at 2015-9-12 06:22
Why dont you go back to 1.3 version for this event. So you will get your speed. No ?

No. Then I lose Intelligent Flight Modes which, while not as full featured as I'd like, are tools I'd like to keep available. I had thought about that and even switching back and forth but that is not practical either.

Certainly there are work arounds but the capability the craft had when I bought it, at least, should still be there.

I'm curious how others feel about that. Should a company be able to take away a product's abilities after it's been purchased? Can a product be truly yours if a company can do that?
2015-9-18
Use props
gregg1r
First Officer

United States

Jennifer 1701 Posted at 2015-9-18 07:40
No. Then I lose Intelligent Flight Modes which, while not as full featured as I'd like, are tools  ...

If you ever get new software for your PC or MAC, read the legal disclaimers. You purchased the rights to use it, with them being held harmless. They reserve the right to make changes when and where deemed necessary.

DJI can make firmware changes, but right now, it's up to you to install them. I see coming in the not so distant future, forced updates or you can't fly. My old bank decided they would no longer support the software I was using. Two choices, upgrade or delete the app.

I will not update my firmware until I'm no longer allowed to fly with the version I'm using. My Phantom flys well, I understand the flight modes, and I'm not of the temperament to repair something that worked until the update. YRMV
2015-9-18
Use props
cobosdelos
lvl.1

Mexico

Hello.
I am extremely upset because within the recommended your site to operate the devices p3 , this air ipad 2 and case now with smart modes flight must have 4g . buy this ipad exclusively to maneuver safely drone and now this happens that I can not use some clever ways . They should have some ethics as a company and be clear and specific in their recommendations.
2015-9-18
Use props
bbuisine
lvl.1
Canada

bastan Posted at 2015-9-18 06:54
P3P, firmware updated to 1.4.0010
Android, Galaxy Tab S 8.4, DJI GO 2.1.0

Same issue !! impossible to switch in intelligent modes with Galaxy S3 and Asus nexus 7 (1st gen)
2015-9-18
Use props
Gregor
lvl.1

Switzerland

Dear forum member
i do have a strage behaviour in the home lock mode. moving the right/left stick the inspire not keep the circle but move away. resulting in a spiral...
maybe you know this effect. is this an error in the simulation tool or also in reality?

by the way i would like the simulator even more, if there would be some levels to game through... ;-)... that would make the training during wintertime even more enjoyable ;-)

best, gregor
2015-9-18
Use props
Cracker
New

United States

When do you think DJI will have the "Follow Me" mode available for the Inspire 1?.
2015-9-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

China

Cracker Posted at 2015-9-20 05:39
When do you think DJI will have the "Follow Me" mode available for the Inspire 1?.

Since Inspire 1 is a bigger and more expensive platform, and follow me mode seems to be not that perfect yet, our R&D team need some time to work it out. unfortunately I cannot tell you the exact date of it's release
2015-9-19
Use props
tbuining

Netherlands

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-10 05:08
If you are that much unhappy with new features, DJI has other products could statisfy you: Ground S ...

@DJI Tim,

Not that i am fully unhappy with the new Waypoits from DJI.

But if you after flying (filming) are not happy with the results, it is not possible to move the waypoits a little bit, not much, say 20 meters max. (i believe it cannot - or am i wrong)
I understand that flying befor, makes sure that its much better (saver) than making a plan on a map.
But i should like that it would be possible to move the waypoints (after flying, a bit)

If the waypoint was on the wright place, but you want it not on 20, but on 40 meter high. It is not possible (i believe - or am i wrong)

What is very nice, is that you after recording can change the direction of the Inpire 's camera.
That was not possible with the groundstation. I had this before. But there you could move the waypoints.

I think, the groundstation will not work with the Inspire 1. Or is the receiver (as good as) the same as the A2.
2015-9-20
Use props
Adamastor
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616079 ft

South Africa

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-18 03:21
If you have any other questions, please come back.

Okay...
I have completed my experiment with regard to "cache maps".

Site 1.
Fly with wifi enabled.

Travel 300km to site 2.
Start DJI camera app in airplane mode.
See nothing.
Exit DJI app
Enable wifi and start app
See current location in small screen
Tap small screen to go full screen
Location on map changes to last location flown
No sign of any maps "cached" earlier.

Result?
FAIL!
Thus... Everything I have done and everything I have been advised to do proves that I am not mental or going mental. "Cache maps" DOES NOT WORK on my iPAD mini 2.

I have screen shots to prove it.

Thanks for listening....

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
2015-9-20
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216801 ft
United Kingdom

Flyhigh7887 Posted at 2015-9-9 09:40
hi,

in the app you must turn on multiple flight modes.

When I switch to F mode, all I get is "course lock and home lock are enabled", no poi, follow me or waypoints. Everything is up to date and my phantom is 100 feet up
2015-9-21
Use props
arnold114
lvl.1
Flight distance : 216801 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 21:47
Yes it will be able to do that.

Go to MC settings, Advanced settings, turne on Multiple Flight  ...

I do that but I do not get a new icon beside the safe to fly, only a message saying course lock and homelock are enabled
2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

arnold114@btint Posted at 2015-9-21 13:09
I do that but I do not get a new icon beside the safe to fly, only a message saying course lock an ...

I am not sure what is going on then. You should have the new icon at the top of your screen next to the Safe to fly icon. That is what you will use to access the POI and Way Point features.

I would suggest uninstalling the Go App and then reinstalling it.
2015-9-21
Use props
Friendlyfred

United States

It seems that all the tutorials are using iPads.  How about some information, and graphics if the new features using an android
2015-9-21
Use props
Friendlyfred

United States

Android relative information on what to do/select on something like my Nexus 9. The DJI GO app is different than an Apple product...PLEASE
2015-9-21
Use props
Friendlyfred

United States

PLEASE, graphics and "how to" on an Android screen...like my Nexus 9
2015-9-21
Use props
Friendlyfred

United States

Can you only do that with the switch ON THE BACK of the Inspire controller using an Android tablet?
2015-9-21
Use props
Friendlyfred

United States

Can you only go to F mode by using the switch on the back of an Inspire controller (Android tablet)
2015-9-21
Use props
bastan
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-22 05:11
I am not sure what is going on then. You should have the new icon at the top of your screen next t ...

Hi Dave,
This is bug in 1.4.0010 firmware, and only DJI dev team can fix that. Please see my post about the same problem above. Reinstalling of DJI GO app will not help. I suppose you can reproduce this bug with the following steps:
- take an P3P with old firmware (it was 1.3.20 in my case);
- fly with it and activate course lock mode while on old firmware (you'll also need an older version of DJI GO app). Not sure if it is dependent on app platform (it was Android in my case);
- land the aircraft;
- update MC firmware and DJI GO app to the latest version;
- do not fly and try to activate Intelligent Flight Mode (switch to F) - see reasonable warning saying you should be in the air. I'm not sere if this step is really needed.
- now go up in the air and try to activate Intelligent Flight Mode again - "course lock or home lock is enabled" message will be displayed.

Please report it to dev team. You can also find similar complains on www.phantompilots.com forum in several threads.

Below is workaround for guys who have this problem:
1. Go to MC settings and choose "Reset All Settings"  2. Go to MC settings -> Advanced settings -> Format data recorder.
This may help. The second step is optional, it may be enough just to "Reset All Settings".

2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

bastan Posted at 2015-9-22 17:58
Hi Dave,
This is bug in 1.4.0010 firmware, and only DJI dev team can fix that. Please see my post a ...

Ok, thank you for letting us know. I will see if the developers can fix that bug.
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Friendlyfred Posted at 2015-9-22 09:59
Can you only go to F mode by using the switch on the back of an Inspire controller (Android tablet)

Yes you can go to F-mode by just using the switch on the back, but you will need your tablet to make use of the features.
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Friendlyfred Posted at 2015-9-22 09:53
Can you only do that with the switch ON THE BACK of the Inspire controller using an Android tablet?

Yes.....
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Friendlyfred Posted at 2015-9-22 09:45
Android relative information on what to do/select on something like my Nexus 9. The DJI GO app is di ...

Ok, request has been made.
2015-9-22
Use props
DJI-Dave
Captain

United States

Adamastor Posted at 2015-9-20 23:11
Okay...

Thanks for the post. I will try this soon with my iPad2  mini to see if I get the same results.

Dave
2015-9-22
Use props
Gregor
lvl.1

Switzerland

Gregor Posted at 2015-9-18 23:03
Dear forum member
i do have a strage behaviour in the home lock mode. moving the right/left stick t ...

can anybody tell me, why that happen and if im the only one?
2015-9-22
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Its totally amazing to me that these "Newbe's" (new pilots) are crying about a 500 meter limitation on an automated flight when just a year ago they were flying the Phantom's manually and the only thing automated was a return to home when you lost signal.

Count your blessings - you new guys don't know how lucky you are to have this capability on a machine costing around a grand!

Regards!
2015-9-22
Use props
Gregor
lvl.1

Switzerland

BoomStrike Posted at 2015-9-22 21:41
Its totally amazing to me that these "Newbe's" (new pilots) are crying about a 500 meter limitation  ...

poor "expert" thinking there is only dji ;-)... there is mikrokopter for instance with way-point etc since years ;-)))... inspire is great... but others are great, too ;-))
2015-9-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adamastor Posted at 2015-9-20 08:11
Okay...

Upper right hand corner.  Change the view to see the full maps.
2015-9-22
Use props
starfighters
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358215 ft
United Kingdom

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-9 11:05
Of course overyone who was in school knows within 30 people there are 3 almost stupid. You know the ...

Hi good morning.

Me too i would have preferred the possibility to pre plan a mission directly over the map and not while flying.
As it is if i'm not wrong with P2V+
Some one point out that pre plan a mission over a map it could be high risk because  in this way you can't see obstacle and whatsoever,so pre plan it on a P2V+ doesn't embeed any possibility of collision that we have with P3?
2015-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules