July H3 3D Firmware Upgrade killed my Phantom and H3-3D
1226 3 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
welive
lvl.1

United States

I owned a Phantom 2 and H3 - 3D for less than 3 weeks I upgraded gimbal Firmware back in July which made my Gimbal go limp. I then added another gimbal and that Gimbal didn't work I came to find out, that the IMU was killed in the firmware upgrade. I then sent the item to DJI for repair and it has been in there hands for more than 4 weeks and they said that it will be another 2 weeks until it's repaired.  unacceptable

DJI you guys are a joke with poor quality control and poor customer service!  I own the unit for 2.5 weeks and DJI has it in repair for 5- 6 weeks.

2014-9-22
Use props
oscarmayerman92
New

United States

I might have done something real simiar. I did the the last updates a few days ago. First my controls were backwards or sideways so I tried doing it over now my controls don't fire up at all, and I was on here for answers, huh .
2014-9-26
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

@welive, I am sorry about your experience.  The LA Center is expanding to improve the support for users like you.  I agree that 6 weeks is not acceptable.  I am sure that when they accepted your unit that they disclosed it would be 4-6 weeks for the service.  

@oscarmayerman92, did you calibrate your Tx after the update.  I always do that along with doing the advanced IMU calibration.  You might want to try it and see if it helps.
2014-9-26
Use props
jenbleyes
New

United States

I seriously wish that people would spell things out instead of using so many abbreviations an acronyms.  Some of us, especially if we are
learning the DJI products may not have a clue what you are referring to when you say Tx and IMU.  frustrating and I'm not even having the problem this guy is (yet)
2014-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules