Reset Aircrafts firmware?
1574 11 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 290246 ft
Sweden

Is it possible to reset the Aircraft to some factory settings / use factory firmware?
Right now I'm unable to update the AC and I dont know why.. Its beeping DD_DD_DD and the body LED is flashing yellow. I don't get any text files on the SD. Check this viedo to see how the I1 is responding and acting when starting up : http://youtu.be/qB-xcmCzHao

As you can see the gimbal and camera is acting strange too and I cant control it or see what it sees..

2015-9-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

you can try downgrading to previous firmware and then try upgrading to current again which some people report having success with fixing update issues, but other than that theres no way to reset it i know of.  read the firmware update instructions and the release notes about 3 times before updating as chinese-english translation sometimes sounds a little funky and their explanations isnt the clearest.  its a pretty easy straightforward process though, and some people report it takes an hour to actually finish the update so be sure you arent ending it before its done. make sure youre extracting the firmware files and putting them all in the root directory of the sd card,
2015-9-9
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Sweden

Them all? I just get one .bin file and one or two PDFs. Should there be more?
2015-9-9
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-9 19:29
you can try downgrading to previous firmware and then try upgrading to current again which some peop ...

2015-9-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

kiimjohansson Posted at 2015-9-9 13:01

usually i think, but there isnt one for the RC this time and theyve changed the process a little so that the rc update part of it is done through the go app, so thats all this version contains. the bin file must be in the root directory of the card, pdf shouldnt matter really.  download the previous version 1.3 or even 1.2 and try to update to that, then try the 1.4 update again.  youre using same sd card that takes the pics correct? same one that came with the unit? some people have trouble with aftermarket cards.  If its still not working you can also try formatting it with the inspire through the app before you load the firmware and make sure to safe eject it from your pc after transferring the files.   some computers format the cards in non supported formats.  Save your pictures to your pc before formatting or youll lose them,
2015-9-9
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-9 20:19
usually i think, but there isnt one for the RC this time and theyve changed the process a little s ...

Okey, the versions I have installed are:

App - v2.2.0

AC - 1.2.1.06

RC - 1.2.1.03

Did you see the youtube clip I linked at the top? The gimbal calibrates  and then I can't control it at all and I can't take any photos or anything..

I would like to get a firmware verison before the one I have, and that's not possible from the download page any more..!
2015-9-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

You can't downgrade below that version unless you have computer programming knowledge and hack it, that's the version where they introduced the capability to downgrade, before that you couldn't. I think it only lets you go back one version but they still have 3 listed so I'm not sure.  I'm running much older firmware and I don't update. I do have some older ones saved if you can hack it and need an older version.  I don't know how but I've saved them in case some one else can and releases a program that lets everyone use whatever version you want. Didn't see video, using mobile and they don't show up on the mobile site.
2015-9-9
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-9 23:35
You can't downgrade below that version unless you have computer programming knowledge and hack it, t ...

Okey, I don't think my hacker skills are enough for that..

It's a YouTube link, I can see it on my phone!
2015-9-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

kiimjohansson Posted at 2015-9-9 16:38
Okey, I don't think my hacker skills are enough for that..

It's a YouTube link, I can see it on  ...

my bad, i guess i can see it, just didnt notice it cause it looks like text and blended into the rest of your post.  usually links are a dif color text on my phone.  

What firmware version were you trying to install? 1.3 or 1.4?  maybe do a camera gimble calibration and see if that fixes that tilt.  but if you tried a firmware update and it failed try it again, or try a different version and see what happens, you should get a txt file on the card saying success or failure.
2015-9-9
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-10 00:14
my bad, i guess i can see it, just didnt notice it cause it looks like text and blended into the r ...

I've tried 1.2, 1.3 and 1.4. It's always the same, the machine won't take the update.

I'm unable to control the gimbal at all. After the start up calibration the gimbal is dead. It's beeping DD_DD but I can't control it or calibrate it.
2015-9-9
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

sounds like you may have to send it in then unless anyone else has any ideas or unless youre doing something wrong when trying to update it.  you could spend some time reading all firmware update problem threads here and on this forum http://www.inspirepilots.com/ which seems to have more people/help than here.  Does the app connect to it at all? can you see what version it currently has?  if youre getting no txt log files on the card after trying to update it sounds like something isnt right or its bricked.  If you had 1.2 and tried to go to 1.4 you may have to do 1.3 first as I think 1.3 had a RC firmware update and 1.4 does not, however i dont see how that would cause the inspire camera to act like it does in your video. If you have a local store near you whether you bought it there or not id take it there and see if they have any ideas also.  If you have access to another camera try to connect it and see what happens or connect yours to another inspire, but other than that Im out of ideas, sorry.
2015-9-11
Use props
kiimjohansson
lvl.1
Sweden

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-11 19:31
sounds like you may have to send it in then unless anyone else has any ideas or unless youre doing s ...

My local dealer will take a look at it this week, and he thought it may be bricked. Thank you for taking your time to try to help me! Much appreciated!
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules