AutoFlightLogic - More Complexity than Simplicity
1367 2 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budnikasr
lvl.2

Canada

Hi Everyone,

Not sure if all have seen the AutoFlightLogic app on the app store. I bought it and found that on both and ipad mini 2 and ipad air 2 the video feed freezes or is so choppy you cannot use it. I contacted their support and they pointed me to an thread where it seems to be a known problem. One comment on the thread states, "it's a show stopper". Steve, from their support says to close all apps including the DJI Go App before using their app. Also you cannot control the camera settings so for those of you who have one controller I guess you're going to have to buy another one and a tablet. I have 2 controllers, and have just found with both the DJI Go App and or AutoFlightLogic app it's new features actually add more work and you have to buy more batteries.

If I'm missing something, i hope someone can clear things up or maybe it was designed for the new iPad Pro!

Thanks,

Robert
2015-9-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Bud,

Sorry you are disappointed with the new App. I don't understand why you cant control the gimbal, I was able to do this during the Beta testing. You select joystick mode and when the AutoFlight is engaged  use the radio sticks.

Also, the one App limit was imposed by DJI I believe. You make sure all of your settings are cool in the DJI App, then shut it down and open AutoFight.  This App is still going to get better with time.

They tell you which tablets work best on their site and why these feature rely on the latest iPhone iPad hardware.   I have been limited to my flight time but it worked great for me with the iPhone 6. My iPad mini 2 does not have the needed GPS or barometer ....

Links to thread and AutoFlight Logic 2.0  Just released today for sale on the Apple store
http://forum.dji.com/thread-24712-1-1.html

http://autoflightlogic.com/autopilot

Rich
2015-9-9
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-9-10 04:08
Hey Bud,

Sorry you are disappointed with the new App. I don't understand why you cant control the g ...

Hi Rich,

Are you saying that you need to set camera exposure etc. in DJI GO, then close it down before using AutoFlight? Can you keep control of the camera settings in AutoFlight?

Thanks,

Jerry
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules