1.4.0.10 Problems?
1840 10 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hammerdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34442 ft

United States

Any problems to report with the latest firmware? I`ve been holding off on maden launch until I hear from the group. So far I`m not seeing much in the way of bugs. Anyone else ran the updates and happy with the results? Ihe flight modes look crazy cool and I can`t wait to try them out!
2015-9-9
Use props
martin.tvmedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 148986 ft
New Zealand

We have just uploaded and installed the latest FW update for our Inspire 1. Followed the procedures as usual and updated the aircraft OK. The guide also suggests that each intelligent battery has to be updated too. OK... so to acheive this we place each battery (we have 3 ) in the aircraft and power up. The normal D-D-D-D sounds are emitted followed by the D-DD sounds telling us that all is updated. So far so good. Except that now the App is showing " CRTICALLY LOW POWER" for all our batteries, even when they are at 35 to 47 % ! In fact during one flight our aircraft went into automatic landing mode and came down very quickly before we could even get our heads round what on earth was occuring.

Question for DJI....what should we do to fix this?

Also I read that in the new FW update the motors are supposed to stop when the prop is restricted. This did not happen and we now have a broken prop, because our aircraft landed so abruptly !
2015-9-9
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated without any problems whatsoever. Took it out and tested all the new functions except for Follow me. Did not feel like walking around in deep grass. All functions performed exactly as expected. I was really surprised to see that the POI function drew a perfect circle around my POI at a radius of 65 feet. Not really happy that all of this has to be programmed manually but it does work. Also, they screwed up IOC in version 1.3 but it is now fixed with Home Lock and Course Lock. Very happy about those 2.

Hope this helps.

Houston
2015-9-9
Use props
tim foster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

deleted.......
2015-9-9
Use props
jaharrell
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15417 ft
United States

I finally upgraded everything to 1.4.0. I tested out the waypoint and point of interest features and all went well. No battery issues, the app on my iPad 2 worked well and the I1 flew well.
2015-9-10
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

jaharrell@aol.c Posted at 2015-9-10 13:30
I finally upgraded everything to 1.4.0. I tested out the waypoint and point of interest features and ...

My iPad just will not connect to the craft... something is seriously wrong. The RC is connected to the craft, can start her up no problem. But all pretty useless if the App won't connect.
2015-9-10
Use props
hammerdrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34442 ft

United States

TuonoV4 Posted at 2015-9-10 08:20
My iPad just will not connect to the craft... something is seriously wrong. The RC is connected to ...

I had that problem with the last firmware and found it to be caused by a faulty lightning cable. It was actually an aftermarket cable, non apple. I switched back to the authentic apple cable and all was fixed. Hope it`s that simple for ya.
2015-9-10
Use props
Nav
lvl.2

Canada

I experienced a premature Critically Low Power Warning and the flight record up to that point is absent.
2015-9-10
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

hammerdrone Posted at 2015-9-10 22:20
I had that problem with the last firmware and found it to be caused by a faulty lightning cable. I ...

I have a suspicion that it's the USB port... can't seem to do the 1.3 update and no txt file on the flashdrive. Tried 3 different cables inc the authentic Apple item - no luck.

The USB ports are quite 'sloppy', not the usual tight fit you get!
2015-9-10
Use props
kyle.condon
New

United States

I had a problem updating the stock TB47 battery but not an issue with the TB48 batteries (I have three of those, of which all successfully updated). I took the inspire out (after calibrating the IMU) and she flew fine. Came back in to try the updating the TB47 again and still failed. Any suggestions?
2015-9-11
Use props
Dandroe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 480200 ft
United Kingdom

It would seem that when I updated the software it  switched the distance limiter off.
I sent the bird away expecting to hear a warning when it reached the distance I usually have it (300m). I then noticed horizontal distance was closer to 500m. Once safely landed, I noticed it was off.
Potentially a dangerous scenario.
Strange as all other settings were how I left them.
Anyone else?
2015-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules