1010 8 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

Apperantly without telling anyone, DJI has added more "no fly zones".

One of these NFZ's are now where I have a client at.  It's next to an INDOOR/DOME baseball stadium.

There are no rules restricting flight around stadiums while it is not "in use".  How can I fix this so I can fly for my client
again?

2015-9-9
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Short term, disconnect the GPS. Fly in ATTI mode.  Long term, contact DJI with location and see if they will remove the restriction.

The FAA restrictions for stadiums are based on seating capacity. 30,000 and up no over flights, one hour before to one hour after.

Contact the FAA help desk for TFR's via the phone, 1-800-WX-BRIEF not an internet app.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-9-10 10:03
Short term, disconnect the GPS. Fly in ATTI mode.  Long term, contact DJI with location and see if t ...

i wish i could remember, when i took mine apart to paint i actually tested disconnecting GPS to see if motors would still arm. i cant remember for the life of me, i gotta go thru notes and video to see if i mentioned anything about that.
2015-9-9
Use props
suqsid.bobmail
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 22:17
i wish i could remember, when i took mine apart to paint i actually tested disconnecting GPS to se ...

They announced in the one of the firmware upgrades that they "fixed" it from being able to fly without the GPS connected.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

suqsid.bobmail Posted at 2015-9-10 11:27
They announced in the one of the firmware upgrades that they "fixed" it from being able to fly wit ...

ok, well nothing that a foil wont fix then!! and device in airplane mode, maybe!
2015-9-9
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Is this DJI's fault or the idiots who insist on flying places they should not?
2015-9-9
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

gregg1r Posted at 2015-9-10 03:03
Short term, disconnect the GPS. Fly in ATTI mode.  Long term, contact DJI with location and see if t ...

I believe one of the "bug fixes" in the latest FW was to not allow the P3 to start if the GPS cable is disconnected from the center board.

I think breaking the 500 limit is also one of the "bug fixes"
2015-9-9
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

Security theatre ... What a joke.
2015-9-10
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

height restricted, Airports, military, stadiums and surrounding areas off limits... whats next?  Roads?  houses?  any buildings at all?   
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules