Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair time
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

I just shipped out my P3P to CA for repairs, dumb but me hit a tree, what kind of turn around time has everyone been getting?
The email i got says 3-4 weeks but i will not hold my breath.

2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

well dont start by being negative cuz the techs do read these forums!!! it actually may be a good thing if they see this thread they may try harder to surprise you, or they could make it longer in which case dont hold your breath it leads to turning blue!!!
2015-9-9
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-10 10:20
well dont start by being negative cuz the techs do read these forums!!! it actually may be a good th ...

That is good to know if i get it back in 3-4 weeks i will be very happy, i can not believe how stupid i was to wreck it.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-9-10 10:38
That is good to know if i get it back in 3-4 weeks i will be very happy, i can not believe how stu ...

it is not stupid if u learnt from it, life is about experiences and unfortunately experience costs money.
how did u crash?
2015-9-9
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-10 10:41
it is not stupid if u learnt from it, life is about experiences and unfortunately experience costs ...

let it go over my head and it was going fast and took longer then i thought it would to stop and on top of that i did not turn around fast enough. It just kills me when i replay the route in the app it was going around 30 mph and it was down to 7 mph when it hit. I ran and tried to catch it before it hit the ground and the blades cut my finger i think it was trying to save it self and i may have messed that up by trying to catch it.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-9-10 10:58
let it go over my head and it was going fast and took longer then i thought it would to stop and o ...

it happens to the best of us, remember u could have just gone 100% back on the backward stick!! i know too late, but just hopefully for never!!
i wish u a speedy repair.
what got damaged?
2015-9-9
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

Brooke the camera mount and hopefully the gimbal and camera are ok, and bent the two arms that hit the ground and broke two blades.
2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-9-10 11:24
Brooke the camera mount and hopefully the gimbal and camera are ok, and bent the two arms that hit t ...

oh that should be back soon, no worries!!
2015-9-9
Use props
jayhkr
Second Officer

United States

Yeah, let us know what your actual time away is please!  If they are down to 3-4 weeks from 6+ weeks I'd say they've made HUGE leaps and bounds and I may be interested in sending mine in for its new shell since I have those cracks in it (would rather have a new shell and install the strong arm mounts immediately than have a patch over my cracks)  Good luck!
2015-9-9
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.4
United States

3-4 weeks.   ha ha ha. Good luck... Hope you weren't an advid user or perhaps you have a second bird hopefully.
2015-9-10
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Since you're a drone-flyer - oops - a quad-copter pilot, you'll probably be considered irresponsible if you hold your breath that long! Although, if you stay under 400 feet.....

Hope you don't have to wait too long to get your bird back.

Art Burke - N4PJ (still do Morse code!)
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-10
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-9-9 22:38
That is good to know if i get it back in 3-4 weeks i will be very happy, i can not believe how stu ...

One of my two boo-boos was pure stupidity. I was showing off for my wife. It was one of those rare moments when she actually came to see me fly! I turned the Phantom so the camera was facing us and tried to be cute. I said "Smile, you're on Candid Camera!"

She waved at the camera. I noticed there was a palm tree right behind my Phantom. Since the Phantom is now facing me....

I pulled back on the right stick, anticipating, of course, that it would "come back" toward me. Needless to say, it went backwards - away from me - and tumbled somewhat gently into the palm tree. Fortunately, it fell into some moderately heavy grass - and it was only about a four or five foot fall. My wife just shook her head and went back inside.

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-10
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-9-9 22:58
let it go over my head and it was going fast and took longer then i thought it would to stop and o ...

The Phantom is in so many ways much easier to fly than my remote planes. In full-blown GPS mode, it stops on a dime. If I'm confused, just letting go of the sticks is almost always the safest "maneuver."

When flying remote planes, one of the major general rule of thumb things is "...never let it fly over your head." It's too often too simple to forget what might be behind you that your forgot was there - like a big Sycamore tree. Those things can just about devour flying objects!

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
(amateur radio since 1978 - RC pilot since 2014 - Phantom pilot "rookie" since 2015)
My first model plane was a U-control Cub - 1956.
2015-9-10
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-9 23:27
oh that should be back soon, no worries!!

A week or so back, I purchased (via the web) an old (relatively speaking) Blade 350 QX2. It has the GB200 gimbal and an old CG01 camera (it looks and acts kind of like an imitation GoPro).

Took it into my local hobby shop. When I got it, the thing came in a beautiful aluminum case with a number of extra goodies. But the gimbal intself, a loose cable and the camera were all sort of "dangling" between the landing gear. Certainly didn't look normal.

I had already downloaded the old manual for the bird, the gimbal and the camera so we quickly identified what cable plugged in where. The gimbal arm was flexing a little and had been taped with green electrical tape. Joe peeled it off and we saw the gimbal arm was simply a L-shaped, hollow tube. It was cracked in two places. Joe dabbed some "plastic-safe" CA, held it tightly, sprayed it with some "kicker" and held it firmly in place (with his fingers) for about 10 seconds. Awesome! The thing is now like the Rock of Gibraltar (though slightly smaller!). Got the controller bound yesterday and got it up in the air. We're flying!

There's this beautiful place on a river up in the mountains of western North Carolina where we have a cabin. I want to fly part way up the river, shooting video. If something goes haywire, I want the QX to be the thing falling in the river, not my Phantom!

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-10
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

Ok dji recived my p3p on monday and i got a email today that it is cked in. 4 days to ck in so that is a good start compared to what others have said so lets see how long it takes to get a report on cost.
2015-9-17
Use props
capbat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 54905 ft
  • >>>
Canada

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-10 06:41
I was showing off for my wife ...

That's when it happens most of the Time 'Showing Off'
When I fly my bird I pretend I am IN IT.
2015-9-17
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-9-17 18:32
Ok dji recived my p3p on monday and i got a email today that it is cked in. 4 days to ck in so that  ...

Ok just got  a email from dji support and they have a repair cost $169 total i am so happy with that and after check in it only took two days to get this to me.
I think they are well on the way to getting repair times down to where it needs to be we will see how long it takes to get it fixed i did the payment right away so that would not delay it.
2015-9-21
Use props
gquist
lvl.1

United States

They were quick on fixing mine, less then 7 days from the time they received it till it was shipped out.
2015-9-21
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

gquist Posted at 2015-9-22 00:06
They were quick on fixing mine, less then 7 days from the time they received it till it was shipped  ...

oh that would be so great, if they can keep that up then 90% of the complaints will be gone.

2015-9-21
Use props
ag0n
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

(still do Morse code!)

Thumbs up!

Since 1959
2015-9-21
Use props
jbcenterprise
lvl.3

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-10 06:53
A week or so back, I purchased (via the web) an old (relatively speaking) Blade 350 QX2. It has th ...

Hello aburkefi, I live in in the foothills of NC, The rivers are a challenge to video, but are very beautiful with the leaves starting to change around them.Have fun filming at your cabin  
2015-9-21
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
United States

jbcenterprise@a Posted at 2015-9-21 20:20
Hello aburkefi, I live in in the foothills of NC, The rivers are a challenge to video, but are ver ...

We're near Fontana Dam on NC 28 (in beautiful downtown Tuskegee, pop about 45!).
The cabin sits about 2,200 feet in what I think is the SnowBird mountains, foothills of the Smokies.

We've seen some fascinating stuff there and met some incredible people. My amateur radio screwdriver antenna has attracted a lot of attention and gained new friends. Maybe the Phantom will accomplish something similar!

Art Burke - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-9-21
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

Well i just got a email with a tracking number, it took 4 days to ck it in once they recived it and 4 days to ck it out and send me the total repair cost and then 4 days to fix it.
2015-9-25
Use props
jag01usn
lvl.4
United States

Yeah I have mine P3P in for repair also. It also took 4 days and the next day they check it over and gave me a price to repair it. If you click on the attached pdf file showing repair items needed to be fixed you can click a PayPal button to make payment. No problem. A few hours later they said they needed a copy of proof of payment. Well you would think by looking at there PayPal account they would see that payment was made. Go figure. Now will see how long it takes.
2015-9-26
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

jag01usn Posted at 2015-9-26 20:06
Yeah I have mine P3P in for repair also. It also took 4 days and the next day they check it over and ...

it only took 4 days for me after i paid with paypal so hopefully they will keep that up i can handle that kind of turn around time, just wish the shipping did not take so long for me. I am in SC so it is a 4-5 day ship for ground.
2015-9-26
Use props
jwallen543
lvl.3

United States

jwallen543@yaho Posted at 2015-9-27 06:02
it only took 4 days for me after i paid with paypal so hopefully they will keep that up i can hand ...

it is back in my hands thank goodness.
it took 26 days total but 14 of them was shipping 7 out and 7 back so i think that is great.
I just have to wait till it stops raining to fly it so will probably be Tuesday.
2015-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules