Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 2 software calibrating controller
4749 4 2014-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cheryl
New

United States

I was using the Phantom 2 software to set up my new Phantom 2. Under the Basic tab and RC the video I watched showed only one calibration box for the sticks but my program also has one for TX Switch calibration.  What is the TX calibration? Do I need to do anything with it? What does it do?  My contoller is the PVT581. Thanks.

2014-12-10
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

First of all let me say it's nice to see that not all quad flyers are men -- Welcome!

Second, without knowing which video out of the bizillion Phantom videos you are referring to I will attempt to answer your question.  The TX Sticks Calibration is basically making sure that when your control sticks are in the center neutral position the Phantom is not going to be making any movement on it's own.  Example, if the yaw (the paper label that came around your remote control identifies it as turn left / turn right) isn't calibrated correctly the Phantom will spin either left or right on it's axis when it's hovering.  Any unexpected movement is not something you would want when you're just learning to fly!

Let me point out that when you are in the Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software look at the window on the left side, when you hover your mouse over different parts of the screen it will show information about what the different functions are for (see screen capture).

Bottom line, calibration is good!  Get familiar with all the different ways for your compass, gimbal, sticks and if you haven't already done so please go to the Phantom 2 support page and download a copy of the PHANTOM2_User_Manual_v1.2_en and the Phantom 2 Vision+ Pilot Training Guide (EN) v1.1 both of these documents have a lot of useful information and will save you from asking a lot of questions.  

Gimbal Setting-P2-Basic.gif
2014-12-11
Use props
cheryl
New

United States

Thank you so much for the helpful reply!  I actually had my first flight yesterday and it was AWESOME!  Everything worked great, even shot some video and waved at the camera.  The screen shots you included are exactly what I was asking about.  Specifically the Sticks Monitor with X! and X2.  I also don't understand the Control Mode Switch.  So what I did was just re did the command sticks calibration and didn't do the sticks monitor calibration because I didn't know how to do it.  I will definitely download the manual and training guide.  
One other question is regarding the prop guards.  I bought them but then when I went to fly I was worried that the weight might throw off the calibration so I didn't put them on.  If I do install them do I need to do any type of calibration to account for the added weight?  
Hope for no wind today and another flight!
Thanks
2014-12-12
Use props
djiuser_RbM1wDgPLz7A
New

Vietnam

help, I cant control my drone after calibrate my rc without software
2020-3-29
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

djiuser_RbM1wDgPLz7A Posted at 3-29 02:51
help, I cant control my drone after calibrate my rc without software

I would calibrate it with software.  https://www.dji.com/phantom-2-vision/info#downloads
2020-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules