Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I managed to combine all the extremes that could harm a phantom in one video!!
1245 21 2015-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Lets see Ki index was 6, wind was 16 mph with gusts of 21 mph or even more as there was a sudden thunderstom coming, lightning that scared the crap out of me, my cousin being unpredictiable kitesurfing, and i managed to come up with this video, freaking amazing !!!

2015-9-9
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

really nice willie, enjoyed it very much
2015-9-9
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

Good thing your cousin's name isn't Benjamin Franklin ....
2015-9-9
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-10 01:46
really nice willie, enjoyed it very much

Thank you ray
2015-9-9
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

HunterBrooks Posted at 2015-9-10 01:47
Good thing your cousin's name isn't Benjamin Franklin ....

LOL it does not make a difference, we have electricity already!
2015-9-9
Use props
clive
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United Kingdom

Are you using an ND filter? It looks a bit choppy from here and I'm wondering if your shutter rate is too high which makes it look choppy.
Great subject though. I'd be worried about getting tangled in the strings at some point.
2015-9-9
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

clive Posted at 2015-9-10 02:53
Are you using an ND filter? It looks a bit choppy from here and I'm wondering if your shutter rate i ...

Thanks for the feedback, it looks ok to me I think but could be better, I was using an ND filter at first but then decided not to because it was getting dark fast from the storm.

Plus I shot it in 4K then used iMovie and it butchers the video then YouTube butchers it more then I end up with a garbage video, I need to start using premiere and upload to Vimeo.
2015-9-9
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Fantastic ... Worth every Penney.  Great shooting WW.
2015-9-10
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Balls of steel some great shots
2015-9-10
Use props
lvl.1
United States

That is a super cool video!!  One of the great things about the advent of these easy-to-fly camera platforms is that people like your cousin will now be able to capture terrific videos of themselves doing the outdoor activities they love forever.  Before it would have been virtually impossible to get video shots like this without hiring a helicopter at great expense.   Now your cousin will have proof of his kite-surfing skills and his future grand kids won't think he's just an old bullshitter.
2015-9-10
Use props
HunterBrooks
lvl.4

United States

50418 Posted at 2015-9-10 05:27
That is a super cool video!!  One of the great things about the advent of these easy-to-fly camera p ...

"Hey Gramps, can you show us that video again of you getting struck by lightening while kite surfing?"

"Why sure k-k-k-kids.  Let me g-g-g-get my com-com-com-computer."

LOL

I have a 2-year old grandson, and can't wait to take some home movies together using the P3.
2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

50418 Posted at 2015-9-10 08:27
That is a super cool video!!  One of the great things about the advent of these easy-to-fly camera p ...

Thank you very much, yeah he is so happy with the resulting video, and it started a wave of applause from his friends
2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-9-10 08:04
Balls of steel some great shots

You bet, but that is 15 years experience of flying model aircrafts under varying conditions !!! After this experience i know i can rely on my phantom for such a great air worthiness, my beach umbrella had to be closed so it won't fly away and the phantom was hovering in one spot at the same time WOW !!
2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

lignow Posted at 2015-9-10 07:49
Fantastic ... Worth every Penney.  Great shooting WW.

Thank you lignow   yeah the best shot of them all is catching that lightning strike and the depth of the storm clouds.
2015-9-10
Use props
daviskw2004
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12890 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very Nice Wille... wish i could fly like that... what mode were you in?

Butch
2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

daviskw2004 Posted at 2015-9-10 13:57
Very Nice Wille... wish i could fly like that... what mode were you in?

Butch

Thank you so much davis i was in GPS mode all the time due to the gusty wind and it kept its composure really well, i love my phantom so much
2015-9-10
Use props
jaronpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 723776 ft
United States

Very cool!
2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Thank you
2015-9-10
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-10 03:15
Thanks for the feedback, it looks ok to me I think but could be better, I was using an ND filter a ...

So you put this video together in iMovie!!?? If that's the case WOW man! Props! I'm with yah on that tho... Really makes getting the best picture difficult - and makes things less pretty / compressed <-- In my experience anyway. I moved on to Final Cut Pro.. Sadly, looks EXACTLY the same, haha. A bit better control, options, etc than iMovie tho. Props on the video - Looks like a lot of fun!
2015-9-10
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2015-9-11 00:46
So you put this video together in iMovie!!?? If that's the case WOW man! Props! I'm with yah on th ...

Oh thank you very much for the feedback   

Yes it was done in iMovie right after i came from the beach and took about 4 hours straight to get the colors and cuts done before i put it on the back shelf and forget it.

I have final cut pro and all i see is some extra stuff but not really as good as premier pro which i have too, BUT i don't have time to start learning it to make a crisp video.

Somehow youtube is allergic to iMovie videos being processed by it.
2015-9-10
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Got a little close to those kite wires...LOL
2015-9-10
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-9-11 01:00
Oh thank you very much for the feedback   

Yes it was done in iMovie right after i came from th ...

Trust me I totally understand what you mean... At this point I'm just going to learn enough of a few different ones until I find the one I like best. I've used Premiere before (it's been awhile) but from what I do remember  - it was very friendly / similar to Flash in some ways / or Logic in others lol. Could be totally confused but ready to move on from something other than iMovie or FCP! If I could edit video in Photoshop like I can w/ photos I'd be set! LOL
2015-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules