Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Vision App Updated... New Version 1.0.52 - IOS
4512 39 2015-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

There is a new update for the DJI Vision App... in the App Store.

What's New in Version 1.0.52

1. Fix bug of unable to get location-based services on iOS8 system.
2. Fix bug of unable to get camera access right on iOS8 system.
3. Fix bug of unable share video by Youtube
4. Optimized video decoding capabilities.
5. Support 64-bit ARM system.

2015-9-10
Use props
soup4sale
lvl.1

United States

I have performed this update on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.1
Now when I swipe to the left on the camera screen to map out a Ground station flight I can see the Ground station screen for about a second and then the whole APP crashes. Help Please.
All my on board updates on my Vision+ is up to date.....
2015-9-10
Use props
fossie4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4746778 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

soup4sale@me.co Posted at 2015-9-11 04:34
I have performed this update on my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4.1
Now when I swipe to the left on the camer ...

I have the same problem, just crashes when I swipe into the map view for ground station.
2015-9-12
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
United States

You must update to the latest firmware.
2015-9-12
Use props
fossie4
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-9-12 19:01
You must update to the latest firmware.

Hi I have the latest firmware.
2015-9-12
Use props
ivanedgo
New
Ecuador

I have the same problem, All is update the aircraft and the remote controller, i don´t know what else to do! please help!
2015-9-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

I have not updated this iOS app yet as I am still on 3.12 firmware  and figured for sure if I update this app I would encounter a problem...thanks for verifying!
2015-9-12
Use props
bobmoss
lvl.1

United States

I have latest firmware. But the app still crashes in ground station
2015-9-13
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
United States

What ios version are those whos app keeps on crashing using???
2015-9-14
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.4
United States

Got one more here.  Took it out this weekend and the app crased as soon as I swiped to enter GS.  Going to try deleting and restoring from an old iTunes backup.  So frustrating.

2015-9-14
Use props
fossie4
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-9-14 13:48

I am using Iphone 6 + and the software is 8.4.1
2015-9-14
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.4
United States

I am using the 5S, but the software is 8.4.  Hmm maybe that's the issue?

2015-9-14
Use props
erlendhaugom
New

Norway

I have the same problem. I am running IOS 8.4.1 on a IPhone 6. Everything worked perfect until the app was updated. It seems to me that the problem appears the instant the phantom is locking on to enough gps satellites. I tested this scenario tonight. Everything looked allright until it locked in to enough satellites. I hope DJI will release a bug fix for this problem as Ground Station is not possible to use as this problem exists.
2015-9-14
Use props
motia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Unfortunately my iphone 6  automatically updated to the 1.0.52 version. Now phone does not communicate with the camera and swiping to GS crash the app. Latest 3.14 firmware. Do not have itune backup of previous version. How do I fly the phantom now? Blind? DJI...I need a way to roll back to 1.0.48 !
2015-9-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

motia Posted at 2015-9-15 08:50
Unfortunately my iphone 6  automatically updated to the 1.0.52 version. Now phone does not communica ...

Motia, I turned auto updates on my phone and iPad off for exactly that reason...
If someone can post on drop box and a link would be the answer. I can do it but not till later today or tomorrow..
2015-9-15
Use props
motia
lvl.4
United States

Thanks. That would be great. I will also try later in the day to reboot my phone and rebind the camera to see if it helps, but going back to 1.0.48 would be my preference.
2015-9-15
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
United States

I updated my app when i posted this thread and made a few GS flights with 0 app crashes or bugs...

Im on ios 8.4.1 / iPad mini/Cell/Wifi
vision app 1.0.52
Latest Firmware
P2 Vison

2015-9-15
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
United States

For anyone wanting to go back to the old app.. here is the Link to version 1.0.48 dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/akk37c ... N%201.0.48.ipa?dl=0
2015-9-15
Use props
motia
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the old app version. I manage to get it on Itunes but it will not install to my phone. Giving me error message it is not authorized for it on my computer… strange. I wonder if the file have the orginal downloader computer ID in the file. Anybony knows a way around it?
2015-9-15
Use props
mcclay
lvl.1

Taiwan

I just upgraded DJI Vision app 1.0.48 to 1.0.52 and now the app won't run.  It just crashes (disappears).  Now I can't fly.  This is not groovy at ALL!  Terrible.

My device is an iPAD Touch, running iOS 6.1.6.  1.0.48 worked perfectly.
2015-9-16
Use props
mcclay
lvl.1

Taiwan

ronnydsosa@gmai Posted at 2015-9-14 20:48

My iPOD Touch runs iOS 6.1.6.
2015-9-16
Use props
mcclay
lvl.1

Taiwan

mcclay@taolodge Posted at 2015-9-16 18:09
I just upgraded DJI Vision app 1.0.48 to 1.0.52 and now the app won't run.  It just crashes (disappe ...

Fortunately I had updated via WiFi on the iPod Touch.  So a copy of 1.0.48 was still on my PC.  Deleted the updated version on the device.  Then used iTunes to re-install the previous version.  

So everything's OK.  I can fly (well I could without the app, but not intelligently).

My OS (6.1.6) is old, but on the DJI Vision app page it says the latest version (1.0.52)  will work with iOS's 6.1 and up.  1.0.48 does.

There are apps I have purchased which are upgraded and at a certain point they don't support older versions of the OS anymore.  That's reasonable and acceptable.  What they do is prevent people with unsupported operating systems installing it.
2015-9-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

Well regardless of any problems you may be having, there is an iOS9 upgrade due out today..at 9:00 a.m. PST..
It will be real interesting to see whether the last DJI  1.0.52 was actually written for that or will need another refresh!.
2015-9-16
Use props
motia
lvl.4
United States

Here is what I try today:
There is no option to load app directly from DJI. The download link and barcode, send you to Itunes store
Delete the app and install - no go
Turn off Bluetooth - no go
Delete app, upgrade to IOS 9, reinstall app - no go
Turn off Iphone camera access to app - no go - allow again - no go
Check phantom camera binding - good. Still no image.
Gave up. Unable to roll back to 1.0.48 as I don't have a backup and it will refuse to install an app someone else backed up.
Will have to fly line of site for now without taking video or photos as I would not know what the camera see - hope DJI will come with a fix, as I am not the only one with the issue.
2015-9-16
Use props
Northofthe49th
Captain

Canada

motia Posted at 2015-9-17 08:22
Here is what I try today:
There is no option to load app directly from DJI. The download link and ba ...

Motia
Check the trash can on your computer,
Every time iTunes does an update it throws the last version of the app in the garbage, if you have not emptied it, it should still be there!
2015-9-16
Use props
ronnydsosa
Second Officer
United States

But i thought the app only crashes en in GS mode right??
2015-9-17
Use props
motia
lvl.4
United States

To some it only crash in GS mode, and to some including me, in addition, it also does not stream the video from the camera (on vision 2+ where there is a camera).
Looking at what 1.0.52 was suppose to improve 1 and 2 they both connected to those two problems. I wonder how that "improvement" was implemented.
I try and install the app on my ipad 2 which have no cell or GPS. Still no video stream but GS not using GPS for location but rather wifi, does not crash.
I think the problem and the differentiation between some people have the issue and some not, is your phone privacy settings. I wonder if I have some privacy setting set ON, that the app don't like with this new fix implementation and create some conflict. Tonight, I will try and disable all my privacy setting and will give permission to everything to see if I get any positive response from the app.  
2015-9-17
Use props
ronbruno
lvl.1
United States

Also updated to 1.0.52 on my 6+ and GS crashed. Even updated 6+ to iOS 9
2015-9-17
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

ronbruno@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-17 23:54
Also updated to 1.0.52 on my 6+ and GS crashed. Even updated 6+ to iOS 9

I spoke to DJI Support on 9/18 regarding another matter which they solved for me and then mentioned the new App and the ground station crashing.  The tech guy growled and said every other call seems to be about this and that they are working feverishly trying to fix it.  I was told and update to fix it would be out this week.  We shall see!
2015-9-20
Use props
d_walsh2005

Australia

I'm so frustrated and annoyed with DJI. I emailed them repeatedly regarding the GS crash and was told to go through a series of "fixes" that I had explained to them I had already tried. They don't read your emails. They just blindly  offer advice that I can easily get on the net. I was fobbed off and my work ticket was closed with no solution. It astounds me how a company can treat their customers like this. These are expensive items. For the amount you pay  you would expect software to be fully tested before it's updated. If any Dji employees are reading this you should be ashamed of yourselves.
2015-9-25
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

d_walsh2005@yah Posted at 2015-9-25 09:17
I'm so frustrated and annoyed with DJI. I emailed them repeatedly regarding the GS crash and was tol ...

Hey Bro I feel your pain I have emailed support a bunch of times with no response at all.  I called the support line again this evening and was told that they are working on a fix and either a patch or a new version of the app will be available soon.  Not sure what DJI considers soon but for now we are stuck with no ground station.  
2015-9-25
Use props
d_walsh2005

Australia

MikeDrone7 Posted at 2015-9-26 09:38
Hey Bro I feel your pain I have emailed support a bunch of times with no response at all.  I calle ...

Thanks Mate
I had a similar experience at the Apple store. I went there so someone could help me to downgrade the DJI vision app and because of the launch of the new iphone they told me they were "too busy".
Goes to show that it doesn't matter how large the company is, once they have your money for an older product, they only care about getting new customers. To all the buyers of the Vision 3 and the Inspire, beware. You will be treated the same eventually.
2015-9-26
Use props
lschreiber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 839196 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can anyone provide an update on the iphone update to prevent the GS Crash????
2015-9-27
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

d_walsh2005@yah Posted at 2015-9-26 19:40
Thanks Mate
I had a similar experience at the Apple store. I went there so someone could help me t ...

I spoke to DJI support on 9/25 and was told that they are working on a fix and either a patch or a new version of the app will be available soon. Not sure what DJI considers soon though!

However on a good note I was able to find version 1.0.48 of the App in my iTunes library.  It had the icon for the Vision App with a diagonal red stripe that said update across it.  When I right clicked on it and selected info it said it was version 1.0.48.  So I deleted the crap App, plugged my iPhone 6 into my laptop, selected the App and clicked install then sync.  Tada I now have the old App back on my iPhone.  Also gave it a quick try and everything is back to normal with the ground station/waypoints etc.  I did however have to re-cache google maps.  But I wasn't so lucky on my iPad Air as I had synced it not long ago and the newer version was all that showed up.

Good luck to all that are having problems with version 1.0.52.  I hope that DJI makes good on their promise for a fix in the near future!
2015-9-28
Use props
ryanbamboy
New

United States

its not the new IOS update from Apple. I have tried the most up to date DJI Vision app with three different IOS updates. The IOS 7.3 and the IOS 8.3 along with the most recent IOS 9 and still the app crashes. My wife never updated her phone or ipad. So I tried downloading the DJI Vision app hoping that would solve the issue until the patch comes out in a couple weeks and still the app crashes when I swipe to the ground station.  DJI needs to get their s@!t together before putting out updates.
2015-9-30
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

ryanbamboy@gmai Posted at 2015-9-30 18:52
its not the new IOS update from Apple. I have tried the most up to date DJI Vision app with three di ...

Check out my post #34 above and go back to the 1.0.48 if its in your iTunes library and you will be good to go until DJI fixes 1.0.52 or comes out with a new version.  I was told by support when I called that there will be a patch or a new version soon!
2015-9-30
Use props
RyGuy42
New

United States

MikeDrone7 Posted at 2015-9-30 20:56
Check out my post #34 above and go back to the 1.0.48 if its in your iTunes library and you will b ...

I was able to reinstall the 1.0.48 and it works with the newest iOS 9.0.2.
2015-10-1
Use props
ronbruno
lvl.1
United States

We shouldn't have to find old working updates. DJI has the responsibility to write bug free updates.
2015-10-2
Use props
motia
lvl.4
United States

1.0.53 is out. Fixed the GS crash issues but still no FPV video stream, so if you are on 1.0.48, don't update yet.
2015-10-8
Use props
jbgdbg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 53602 ft
United States

I just tried 1.0.53. The app is still crashing when I swipe for waypoint after I have 6 satellites locked. Any one else having an issue? I never had 1.0.48. Is there something I need to tweek? I'm using an iPhone 6splus with phantom 2 vision plus.
2015-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules