Inspire 1 with poor video feed to transmitter during flight
6427 28 2015-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
designeng9
New

United States

Inspire 1 with intermittent broadcast video during flight - I am thinking it is caused by the connector between the camera/gimbal system and the inspire 1.  I have asked about cleaning instructions from the manufacturer, but have not gotten a response.  Anyone else have this issue?  The video feed to the remote control is fine while the fan motors are running before take off.
2015-9-10
Use props
drewvallejo
lvl.3
United States

I'm going to say that after the last update, I have had bad video transmission. I keep getting a smear like effect on my main and slave unit. I also have been seeing a lot of dropped frames during transmission while flying. Is this what you are talking about or just a complete loss?
2015-9-10
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am seeing this too since the 1.4.0.10 FW update.  You would think they could make an update and just add features without screwing something else up.
2015-9-10
Use props
drewvallejo
lvl.3
United States

After searching through the forums, I ran across one discussion stating that it was a known issue with android tablets. As I am running Nexus 7's (2013) on both the main and slave controllers, I then decided to swap out for my personal iPads. Kind of a bummer but the problem went away for me. The downlink was clear and I had no loss of connection or app force closes. I'm thinking I will be parting with my androids shortly.......
2015-9-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you done the usual.   Make sure your device is in Airplane mode.   Make sure that all other apps are all shut down.  Remove and reinstall the app.  Go to HD and do custom settings rather than Auto.  Select the channel with the lowest interference.  -100 is the best.  Set the transmission rate to the lowest setting.  That should help.
2015-9-11
Use props
Grimtheviking
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-9-12 08:13
Have you done the usual.   Make sure your device is in Airplane mode.   Make sure that all other app ...

Hi Ed, same problem here, Android app,,
lost signal message coming up all the time and image breaking up.
Tried all the usual and your suggestions on 2 different android tablets that have always worked
Ok before, I with cell and 1 without, and in 4 different locations.
Loss of signal message straight after take off within first minute or so and only 50 meters away..
Had the Inspire since January, over 200 flights.
Please advise.
[size=14.6667px]ALL SORTED, TURNED DEBUGGING OFF, FLEW 2 BATTERIES NO SIGNAL LOSS, ALL OK.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]THANKS TO INSPIRE PILOTS ED.
2015-9-13
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

drewvallejo@yah Posted at 2015-9-12 00:37
After searching through the forums, I ran across one discussion stating that it was a known issue wi ...

what is the known issue?  is it because DJI hasnt fixed the android app to use the new version of google play services?  or is there a different issue in this firmware/app version?

try reverting the app google play services to stock and see if that helps, its been a problem for the last 3-5 android app versions, dji cant seem to figure it out and fix their app to work with the new version for some reason.
2015-9-13
Use props
Drew Vallejo
lvl.3
United States

Here is the other discussion about it. Still flying with iPads and haven't seen any drops in signal. Of course there still is about 1-2 second lag as usual since its not an FPV setup.

Android issues
2015-9-13
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

I've read a couple reports claiming that disabling usb debugging fixes this issue, which logically makes no sense. I guess the new go app no longer requires usb debugging and they must've left some old code dealing with usb debugging usage from the old app in the new one that's causing this issue. Dji must have some real "winners" on their app programming team, you wouldn't think it would be so hard for them to create a decent android app with the same features as the Apple app, android devices are more capable and used by way more people worldwide.
2015-9-13
Use props
fans5f672aac
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

I'm not trying to resurrect an old thread, but this is the one that showed first when I did a search that also simultaneously fixed my issue.  I have not flown since April 2016 due to the choppy blackout video feed happening.  i could not start up my bird and make any movements without getting the bad tiling and pixelization occasionally going to full black out.  I disabled USB debugging and crystal clear uninterrupted feed now.
2016-11-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans5f672aac Posted at 2016-11-11 04:10
I'm not trying to resurrect an old thread, but this is the one that showed first when I did a search ...

Good to hear you were able to get yourself up and running.
2016-11-10
Use props
fans5f672aac
lvl.3
Flight distance : 609012 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-11-10 15:51
Good to hear you were able to get yourself up and running.

Actually one more update, as during testing I was using my phone.  I got out in the field and attempted to use my tablet (galaxy tab A - USB debugging disabled as well) and was getting the same issue.  come to find out I guess my tab is just not enough to handle the video transmission.
2016-11-14
Use props
PILOTDK
New

Denmark

Hi everybody

Does your problem look like my video? See below. I have had my Inspire One for 2 years now. The last year I have had problems with the videosignal being shown on my Ipad Mini 3. It first started when flying in 2 controller setup. The signal on the slave (camera operator) started to lag an drop out with green bars in the picture.
Now the signal on my mastercontroller - when flying alone - sa a one-man-band setup - has started to do the same. See the video. I only see the picture update every 2 second. It is impossible to use the drone for professional work in this condition.  All the firmware updates and the DJI App are OK.

I consider my Inspire One useless at making video at this point.
Have you figured out a solution? With the software, hardware, antenna, videolink ect?

Regards
2017-6-2
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

PILOTDK Posted at 2017-6-2 03:47
Hi everybody

Does your problem look like my video? See below. I have had my Inspire One for 2 years now. The last year I have had problems with the videosignal being shown on my Ipad Mini 3. It first started when flying in 2 controller setup. The signal on the slave (camera operator) started to lag an drop out with green bars in the picture.

Just update the I pad to the I pad pro  (standard size )and the issue will more than likely go away .

The older I pads can't handle the flow of data .  I have seen this many times .

donnie
2017-6-2
Use props
PILOTDK
New

Denmark

Thanks, Donnie.

a)
But I consider the Ipad Mini 3 a relatively new device - what do you think? Of course - in relation to your Ipad Pro is is not.

b)
How do you balance around with the Ipad Pro on the original DJI controller with keyhanger in the middle :-) ?

2017-6-2
Use props
PILOTDK
New

Denmark

I will just add, that the first year the system had no problems. It came - as other users are writing - with some of the firmware updates (I think). So I would say, that the Ipad actually can handle the data - unless DJI has changed soemthing radically in the firmware/app/dataflow in the new updates.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PILOTDK Posted at 2017-6-2 07:03
I will just add, that the first year the system had no problems. It came - as other users are writing - with some of the firmware updates (I think). So I would say, that the Ipad actually can handle the data - unless DJI has changed soemthing radically in the firmware/app/dataflow in the new updates.

As more functions and devices got added to the Go app, it required more processing power to run it all. Eventually, older models aren't able to cut it anymore. Just for the sake of troubleshooting, you can try the following button combinations to make sure that the RC and aircraft are communicating properly:

Reset the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* While holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Relink the RC to the aircraft manually:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will make a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller (ISO) and then the LED indicator on the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft in and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

Give that a try and see if there's any difference. It may be cumbersome, you may want to look into manually selecting the channels to see if that's more stable.
2017-6-2
Use props
PILOTDK
New

Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 19:43
As more functions and devices got added to the Go app, it required more processing power to run it all. Eventually, older models aren't able to cut it anymore. Just for the sake of troubleshooting, you can try the following button combinations to make sure that the RC and aircraft are communicating properly:

Reset the RC:

Hi DJI-Jamie

I will try that. I can tell you, that another Inspire One in a company which is owned by a friend of mine - also a model which is 2 years old - has no problems at all. That Inspire One works 100%. It runs on Ipad Mini 2 and 3. Therefore I think, that the problem can be isolated to my drone or controllers.
2017-6-2
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PILOTDK Posted at 2017-6-2 23:07
Hi DJI-Jamie

I will try that. I can tell you, that another Inspire One in a company which is owned by a friend of mine - also a model which is 2 years old - has no problems at all. That Inspire One works 100%. It runs on Ipad Mini 2 and 3. Therefore I think, that the problem can be isolated to my drone or controllers.

Just to clarify, is your friend's unit running on the same firmware and app version?
2017-6-2
Use props
PILOTDK
New

Denmark

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-2 23:23
Just to clarify, is your friend's unit running on the same firmware and app version?

Everything is updated to the latest version to make sure that we can compare it.
2017-6-3
Use props
emadawad
lvl.1

Australia

Having this issue and been trolling through the forums trying to find a solution and not having any luck.

Tried a few things:

- Downgrading Firmware on AC and RC from 1.10.1.40 down to 1.9.1.30.
- Downgrading RC firmware also from 1.7 to 1.6
- Switching Master to Slave and Slave to Master
- Running different options for App devices such as Samsung phones, tables, ipads, iphones and switching them between master and slave.
- Different connector cables.
- Switching off image to app as well as HDMI

After all these trials I am still getting poorer image on the whichever unit is used as slave.  image is chopping and unreliable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

PILOTDK Posted at 2017-6-3 00:02
Everything is updated to the latest version to make sure that we can compare it.

If your friends rig is runnning the same app and firmware with that iPad version, it could be a physical issue with the image transmission module on either the RC or aircraft. Regarding how you've determined that the issue is with your RC specifically, did you try swapping out some of your components with his such as switching iPads, RCs, etc.?
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

emadawad Posted at 2017-6-4 19:55
Having this issue and been trolling through the forums trying to find a solution and not having any luck.

Tried a few things:

Could you verify which Go app version you're using? Had you also tried the troubleshooting on post #17? Since you mentioned that you tried an array of devices, could you happen to clairify which ones you tried without success? Preferrably, I would like to know the newest (model wise) iOS you tried and the same for Android? Did you notice this issue after updating firmware, software, a hard landing, or anything to that effect?
2017-6-5
Use props
PILOTDK
New

Denmark

I am back - and I have been digging into this to find a solution. I think that I have - at least some for a part of the problem. I am located in Denmark for the reference - which is now an issue for the solution.

I have, as I wrote, had the problems for around a year now. Before that time there was almost no problems. As I understand, the system was originally delivered with 32 channels to video transmission. At least more than 8. Later on - maybe because of some restrictions - the channel width was limited to 8. That's a lot smaller bandwidth and I think the problem is this. There chance to find a channel with almost no noise is low when the system only has 8. I thought that the automatic channel selection would do the job, but this seems to be the problem - at least on my system.

I read different suggestions in the forums on the internet and some suggested to change the video transmisstion channel to another one (of the 1-8) using the Custom settings in the DJI App. The problem became now, that the Custom button was disabled in the DJI app. It was not possible to change the settings. I could see that channel 6 and 8 had significant less noise, and would like to use them for testing.

I wondered why it could be changed by other users and not me, and read that the Custom button was related to the country settings / location settings of the Ipad. If one would change the settings from Europe/Denmark to ie. USA the Custom button would be active and it would be possible to manually set a new video transmission channel.

I tried that - and the button became active. I did choose a channel with so little noise as possible, and voila! The signal was a lot better and more stabil. I have been flying 3 batteries now and it seems good.

a)
I wonder why the automatic channel selection did not find a channel with so little noise. Maybe is is defective?

b)
I wonder why we in Europe can not change to manual video channel selection. If we are working on the 8 allowed channels, why not give us an opportunity to manually select a desired channel?

c)
Have anyone else solved this issue by using manually selection instead of automatic - also in Europe?

Regards
2017-6-7
Use props
PILOTDK
New

Denmark

I will add, that the positive results so far is related to the master controller mounted with the Ipad.

I have not tried it with a master-slave setup yet.
2017-6-7
Use props
emadawad
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-5 12:03
Could you verify which Go app version you're using? Had you also tried the troubleshooting on post #17? Since you mentioned that you tried an array of devices, could you happen to clairify which ones you tried without success? Preferrably, I would like to know the newest (model wise) iOS you tried and the same for Android? Did you notice this issue after updating firmware, software, a hard landing, or anything to that effect?

App is version 3.1.5 which is the latest I believe. Yes I have tried the solutions in Post #17 which are basically to unlink the two controllers and relink again starting with master to Aircraft and then slave to master.  At first I wasn't sure if it was the camera shutter or video record button but finally go it reset and re-linked again.  

the devices I used are Samsung S5, samsung S6, Samsung Tablet, Ipad 4 Retina, MI redmi Note 3 Pro, Ipad Pro.  It has got  a bit better since I last posted as I went to test in a more open area with less buildings and structures around and I have used the 32 channel modification which allowed me to pick a clearer channel for transmission.  I also turned off caching to the device and made sure things like USB debugging is off.  

The image is better on the slave now (and I know that I cant expect it to be totally perfect as we are still utilising lightbridge one technology) but I would have thought something that is displaying great on the master should also display great on the slave.  We have clarified that the slave and master both receive image signals form the aircraft so this should equal same quality.  MY issue is that I need the image not only for camera operation from the slave but also I will be feeding into a direct live broadcast the image from the HDMI out of the slave, I cant afford to have  a flaky unreliable image.  

I will be trying to use another transmitter from a friend to see if this issue is replicated or not just to remove the transmitters as the source of issue.  
2017-6-8
Use props
DNAIL
New

United States

My inspire 1 is doing the same thing. It says weak image transmission even when its not flying and I am 2 feet away from it. While I am flying the screen on my phone will freeze up and say No Image Transmission. It has almost cost me several times. I sent it back to DJI and they kept it for a month charged me $270.00. I received it back today finally turned it on and the same error code appeared again. Now they want me to send it back again and I really don't have the time.
2017-6-13
Use props
DNAIL
New

United States

PILOTDK Posted at 2017-6-2 03:47
Hi everybody

Yes! I have had my DJI Inspire 1 for about 2 years now and am having the same problem. I sent it to DJI and they charged me $270.00. I got it back today after a month and it still does not work. They want me to send it back AGAIN! I don't think this problem can be fixed. I have read about a lot of people with the same issue. I may just switch drone companies and buy a new one.
2017-6-13
Use props
certifiedaerial
New
United States

FWIW...I just bought a brand new Inspire 1 v2.0 and having the same problem. I spent $2700.00 on the kit and it's nearly useless for shooting any type of professional video. After reading these threads, and a couple years of history with this problem I am trying to return my Inspire and get my money back.
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules