3687 40 2015-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Does anybody know if we really have to order the Vibration absorbing plate seperately or does it comes together with the X5...?

X5 (complete one with lens) is available within 15 to 20 days but Vibration absorbing plate says 30 to 40 days if ordered separately...
2015-9-10
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

just spoke with chat... you need the board... can't use the x5 without it... so might not be buying t until the board is available... that sucks!!!!
2015-9-10
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

http://store.dji.com/product/zen ... om=related_products
2015-9-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

what if you get the I1 Pro?
It's that reason they're holding off on (board) bracket for 40 days?
2015-9-10
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-9-10 19:16
It's that reason they're holding off on board for 40 days?

probably... same as the whole battery fiasco with the P3P... you wouldn't think that a simple piece of hardware like a damper board would let me wait on sales... or at least they could tell you... i can just imagine this forum in 20 days when people get there x5 i can't use them... a whole bunch of unhappy people...
2015-9-10
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

You guys keep saying BOARD which sounds like electronics to me. Don't you mean a new BRACKET will be required on the Inspire 1?

See this cnet article: http://www.cnet.com/products/dji-inspire-1-x5/
"Inspire 1 owners with the Zenmuse X3 camera will be able to pick up a standalone Zenmuse X5 for $2,200. It requires a small bracket to be mounted on the quadcopter, but the X5 cameras are fully compatible. ..."

Cheers
2015-9-10
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-9-11 10:16
It's that reason they're holding off on board for 40 days?

"Inspire 1 PRO". Have I missed something.  Is that what they are calling the inspires that are purchased with the new X5?
2015-9-10
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

houston Posted at 2015-9-10 21:30
"Inspire 1 PRO". Have I missed something.  Is that what they are calling the inspires that are pur ...

Yes the pro comes with the x5 and the bracket. Was calling it board because the description dji has is vibration absorbing board not braket lol.
2015-9-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-11 13:16
Yes the pro comes with the x5 and the bracket. Was calling it board because the description dji ha ...

Google translation from Chinese
2015-9-10
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

I have ordered extra vibration absorbing board to put on my other Inspire.... the old bracket was to narrow.... (bad design)....this new bracket will stop the wobble... i think all the Inspire's need this bracket....
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-10 19:22
probably... same as the whole battery fiasco with the P3P... you wouldn't think that a simple piec ...

Yeah, I am not looking forward to that!
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

skycam Posted at 2015-9-11 00:05
I have ordered extra vibration absorbing board to put on my other Inspire.... the old bracket was to ...

No, the board/bracket, whatever, is only needed if you are upgrading to the X5 or X5R
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

houston Posted at 2015-9-10 21:30
"Inspire 1 PRO". Have I missed something.  Is that what they are calling the inspires that are pur ...

Yes, but it is not just a Inspire with the X5. The Inspire is also upgraded.
2015-9-10
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 08:36

Dave, When is the X5R out and do you know what the price is?
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-9-11 01:30

Sorry I wish I could tell you but I have not been cleared to give out that information yet.
2015-9-11
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 09:35
Sorry I wish I could tell you but I have not been cleared to give out that information yet.

I wish they would let us know. I think many of us are waiting on this before deciding on which model to go for.
2015-9-11
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 09:35

Hi Dave,

This maybe a daft question, but do you think there will be an upgrade package available at a later date to convert the X5 to the X5R.

The reason I ask, is that if the X5R is 6 months away, then there is milage in getting the X5 assuming you can upgrade it.
2015-9-11
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 15:31
No, the board/bracket, whatever, is only needed if you are upgrading to the X5 or X5R

Yes i know that... i want to change the bracket on my other inspire.... to make the camera more stable.. and stop it wobbling... i am sure it will help to get a more stable video... that original bracket was to narrow that is why the camera wobbles when transforming... i was going to make a wider bracket myself .. but... DJI have saved me the trouble....
2015-9-11
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
Singapore

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 15:36

Hi Dave,
Can you elaborate on the Inspire/aircraft difference?

The last thing I want to do is to spend 2-3k on the X5 camera/gimbal/board upgrade on my existing Inspire 1, only to find out later that it is either not as good or missing certain functionalities when compared to purchasing a complete DJI Inspire 1 "Pro" version...
2015-9-11
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I want to make sure I understand this correctly we can upgrade the camera of the current inspire that I have to the X5?  Or do we need to buy a completely brand-new bird?
2015-9-11
Use props
dave.encoremult
lvl.1

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-9-11 03:30

On a previous post from nofearmx, the DJI web site says $2,199 for the X5 with gimbal & lens - $99 for the vibration board - $1,699 for the camera/gimbal with no lens.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

lethbrp Posted at 2015-9-11 02:29
Hi Dave,

This maybe a daft question, but do you think there will be an upgrade package available  ...

No there will not be a way to upgrade a X5 to a X5R without buying a new X5R camera setup. So that would not be a good idea. If you really need the X5R I would just wait.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

skycam Posted at 2015-9-11 02:34
Yes i know that... i want to change the bracket on my other inspire.... to make the camera more st ...

Ok, I had a feeling that was what you were doing. But I wanted to answer the question just in case.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

frank320 Posted at 2015-9-11 02:35
Hi Dave,
Can you elaborate on the Inspire/aircraft difference?

I wish I could tell you. In fact I have wished I could tell you guys for a while now. I have known about the new Inspire for a long time, however I am not allowed to talk about it until DJI makes its official release.
That will be very soon.
The only reason I was even able to mention it by name is because that info has already been leaked out.
I have a NDA with DJI and there is a lot of stuff I am not allowed to talk about.
Sorry
Dave
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-9-11 07:18
I want to make sure I understand this correctly we can upgrade the camera of the current inspire tha ...

Yes, you can upgrade just the camera and gimbal setup. No need to buy a new Inspire.You will also need to buy the new $99 vibration board to upgrade your camera and gimbal.
A new Inspire will be available though and the new Inspire will be upgraded and better than the current one.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

dave.encoremult Posted at 2015-9-11 08:27
On a previous post from nofearmx, the DJI web site says $2,199 for the X5 with gimbal & lens - $99 ...

Yes, those are the correct prices for the X5 setup. But the price for the X5R is not available  yet. The X5 and X5R are two different cameras.
2015-9-11
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 12:26
Yes, you can upgrade just the camera and gimbal setup. No need to buy a new Inspire.You will also ...

Upgraded better?   as in software, feature
2015-9-11
Use props
leoamartinez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1602986 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 03:36

Could you explain about the upgrades to the inspire?
2015-9-11
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

DJI, how's bout inspire one owners being allowed a decent x3 trade in value $$$.00 in exchange for the new x5 ? What say ye all ? Like that it has a 16MB camera and interchanging lens options...Send you my old x3 for $500.00 trade in you send me a new x5 no lens I pay $1000.00 u.s. And the new mounting plate you throw in for Free !
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

pidetectives@ya Posted at 2015-9-11 10:07
Upgraded better?   as in software, feature

I am not allowed to say at this time. I have a NDA in effect!
Soon all info on it will be released by someone higher up than me.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

leoamartinez@gm Posted at 2015-9-11 10:28
Could you explain about the upgrades to the inspire?

Soon all info on it will be released by someone higher up than me.
2015-9-11
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

Dave, can you simply answer a yes/no in regard to this new Inspire.  On RCGroups one of the DJI representatives has made mention of leg extensions (the black foot pieces), higher KV motors and new firmware for ESC, is this new Inspire you speak of different than upgrading these components?  I ask as a simple yes/no so as not to disclose more information than DJI reps have already publicly disclosed.

GT
2015-9-11
Use props
dopeytree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 21:35
Soon all info on it will be released ...

I hope for another fpv camera for the pilot / a picture in picture mode. And surely it will feature the Newley released lightbridge 2.
2015-9-11
Use props
houston
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 15:36

When you say it is also upgraded, are you refering to FW or hardware? (Other than the bracket)
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Guys...

I know about our DJI products long before they are released.  Because of that I had to sign a (NDA).
A non-disclosure agreement, also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement (SA), it is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets.

If I release information about a product before it is officially released by DJI, I could be fired from my job and sued by DJI if they wanted to do that. There have been many times I have wanted to tell you guys stuff. Even stuff you do not think to ask the question about. But I can not, I would not risk my job.
I take my (NDA) very seriously!

The Inspire Pro specifications have not been officially released by DJI yet.

To borrow a line from the new Mission Imposable movie (Rogue Nation)...
"I can neither confirm or deny any details of the operation without the secretary's approval"

2015-9-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-9-11 13:51
I really do feel sorry for you guys, Dave...

I bet at times you feel like you have divided loyalt ...

Thank you so much Paul.

You are a smart guy and what you say is true.

By far most days here are great,  some not so much.
I had to ban a user yesterday and that sucked! I hate doing that!

My personally is to be everyones friend but sometimes that is tough with this job.
It would be my pleasure to meet you one day.

Dave
2015-9-12
Use props
Joko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497674 ft
Switzerland

Sorry but  someone knows, for sure, if the new vibration absorbing board can hold the actual X3 ?  Or this new  board is only for the new X5 ? I wouldn't to change the board every time if I decide to pass from one camera the to other !
Thx
2015-9-12
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-13 12:35
Guys...

I know about our DJI products long before they are released.  Because of that I had to sig ...

Dave,
We understand where you are coming from. We are quite familiar with NDAs. The issue here is that DJI needs to provide more details during product releases so loyal users can make informed decisions.

During X5's release, DJI should have stated very clearly that existing loyal DJI inspire X3 users who will spend 3k to upgrade their craft to X5 will still get an inferior craft when compared to the inspire PRO. This should have been stated very clearly during the presentation so loyal DJI inspire users can make informed decisions.

So, does it also mean that when inspire RAW is released in the 4th quarter, it will also have improved specs compared to inspire PRO.

This does not make the Inspire very modular as stated by DJI during the Inspire's release now, does it?

You see where this is all leading to?
This is not fair to loyal DJI customers that have always stayed true to the firm, only to get misled time and again...
2015-9-12
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

frank320 Posted at 2015-9-12 23:11
Dave,
We understand where you are coming from. We are quite familiar with NDAs. The issue here is ...

Hi Frank,

I also understand where you are coming from and I can sympathize with what you are saying. I will bring this up at my next teem meeting and pass your concerns up the chain of command.

It did not appear to me that everyone here knows what a NDA is. Not when I have to keep repeating myself and yet I keep getting questions on a product that has not been released yet No big deal, I just wanted to be perfectly clear.
I am just going to copy and past that info about NDA's in the future.
2015-9-12
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Singapore

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-13 14:34
Hi Frank,

I also understand where you are coming from and I can sympathize with what you are sayin ...

Thanks Dave.
I think a lot of folks really need to know what will be the exact difference between an inspire X3 upgraded to X5 versus just getting am inspire PRO. Without that information from DJI, how can one make an informed decision about which route to choose?

Until that information is disclosed, I think a lot of folks will be on the sideline... And it sure as hell won't help DJI's cause.
2015-9-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules