United Kingdom

Just ordered mine will let you know what it's like
2015-9-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

So they're selling the Inspire 1 Pro but no mention of which X5 camera is included....I'm guessing base X5 correct?
2015-9-10
Use props
johnl1906
lvl.2
United States

Man that X5 takes that bird to another universe...No one can can argue p3 to inspire 1 settings now.  That thing has the juice now lol
2015-9-10
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

Arrow1969 Posted at 2015-9-10 18:51
Just ordered mine will let you know what it's like

I don't want to sound like the bum dude right now, was going to order mine but you can't order the absorbing board so you can't use the x5... trust me I am bummed wanted to use it in ASAP... love this possibility just guess i will hold onto my $2k for now until they actually make the board... unless you got the inspire Pro which in that case you should be fine... and i envy you!
2015-9-10
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cant believe they want $100 for that bracket. Highway robbery. They should GIVE it to you with the camera if you are buying it for a regular Inspire 1. When the president of DJI said he wanted to be like Apple, i guess he was talking about their margins and not there customer service.

Cheers
2015-9-10
Use props
Abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

The X5 system must be quite a bit heavier than the current X3. I wonder what that will mean for flight times?
2015-9-10
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is a link with some better picks.

http://www.slashgear.com/dji-zen ... able-lens-10404117/

2015-9-10
Use props
gr8pics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Dji keeps getting more and more silly, and greedy, who pays that much for a quad, that doesnt deliver other then heavily compressed .264 files? LMAO
Price is also for X5, no price for X5R yet, talk about rip off.
This for the guys that think they are pros, but really have no clue at all, to funny how Dji are able to rip off people with their glossy products and renderings ;)
2015-9-10
Use props
gr8pics
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

And btw, the comparison above says cinema dng raw for video, why doesnt it say so on the Dji site?
2015-9-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

Abe Posted at 2015-9-11 13:04
The X5 system must be quite a bit heavier than the current X3. I wonder what that will mean for flig ...

TB47 10mins
TB48 13mins
2015-9-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

gr8pics Posted at 2015-9-11 14:40
Dji keeps getting more and more silly, and greedy, who pays that much for a quad, that doesnt delive ...

You can try and set up equipment with the same level of photo/video capability and try to see if you get the same results for that price. I can tell you it's not easy given the fact that this comes out of the box ready to fly and shoot.
Industrial applications out of the box are not cheap.
This is clearly not a toy.

As for X5R.... i1 package will sell for $7999 in Q4. Stand alone price for X5R still not available.

And for that price...the damping bracket should be a freebie.
2015-9-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

good comparison, even though in Deutsch i do agree that the price is high, but this is not a toy , but a piece of professional equpment.
2015-9-11
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Linolens Posted at 2015-9-11 09:02
TB47 10mins
TB48 13mins

Not exactly

tb47 -15 m
Tb 48 -18 m
2015-9-11
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

are you running your batteries down to zero?
2015-9-11
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

Linolens Posted at 2015-9-11 10:08
are you running your batteries down to zero?

these are the official times, its the same as with the X3. you cant get 18m until you run down the battery to 0.

now there is a 3m difference.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

gr8pics Posted at 2015-9-10 23:40
Dji keeps getting more and more silly, and greedy, who pays that much for a quad, that doesnt delive ...

Sorry, but I would respectfully disagree.
If you were to set up a comparable system to fly a Panasonic GH4 or BMPCC with the necessary MR (S900 or S1000) you would be spending upwards of $9-11K to get that rig in the air, and you still wouldn't have all the functionality of Lightbridge and GO App that makes this Inspire1/X5(R) the beast that it promises to be.
Let me take just a moment to point out one of the most incredible aspects of these new cameras, and one that might easily be overlooked. 12.8 stops of dynamic range is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. Dynamic range is the amount of information the camera can capture between the darkest black and brightest white of the image. Ever notice how GoPro footage often shows clouds and sky as just blown out whiteness? You don't actually see the detail of the clouds at all. Or ever notice that if you manual change the exposure to see the detail in the bright white clouds, that everything on the ground becomes basically black and you can't see any detail in the shadows? This is the result of a low dynamic range. The GoPro is maybe somewhere around 10 stops or so. This new camera has almost 13 stops of dynamic range, which even for professional cine cameras would be considered good. The Arri Alexa, probably the most common modern day blockbuster digital film camera, gets about 14 stops. Dynamic range is one of THE key contributing factors to the "film" look. Filmstock gets about 15 stops of dynamic range and current digital cine cameras are finally able to match that. The lack of "blown out highlights" or "crushed shadows" because of having a high dynamic range, is something that people subconciously associate with a PROFESSIONAL cinematic image. So again, this is a huge feature.
Plus the micro 4/3 at almost 9-fold increase in sensor size, the ability to shoot better in low light without noise (ISO 100-25600) and the increased dynamic range will result in video and stills that are much much better!  And all that for $2200 to add the X5 to your Inspire, with the ability to exchange lenses is, again, a huge deal (a GH4 is $1400 w/o lens, so add a $500 lens and then add the price of a good gimbal.
Full 4K RAW with ProRes Proxi files is how it is done in Hollywood. Do you know why the RAW capability and sensor size will be worth the extra $ and why it will gives filmmakers tons of flexibility? Do you know what it looks like to manipulate the footage in post, RAW footage? And how easy it is to interchange the lenses, which are very high-quality primes.
This is a great system! The price of the new Inspire Pro with the X5 is high but I can tell you the Inspire Pro is upgraded as well, very much so. This will be better than a S1000 setup in my opinion.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Linolens Posted at 2015-9-11 00:02
TB47 10mins
TB48 13mins

That is not correct.
2015-9-11
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft
Germany

Its really nice for pro aerial photography, of course its not suited to just for fun. Nobody would buy a 5000 Euro quad for hobby use just for fun except its used as a millionaires toy.
2015-9-11
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
Singapore

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 16:19
If you were to set up a comparable system to fly a Pa ...

DJI-Dave,
You mentioned in the post above: "The price of the new Inspire Pro with the X5 is high but I can tell you the Inspire Pro is upgraded as well, very much so."

Quick question: So, if i bought the X5 camera and Gimbal upgrade for my current version D Inspire 1, it would a different setup from if i just purchased a DJI Inspire PRO with X5? I thought the "Inspire" aircraft would be the same, but it seems from your last statement that the Inspire Pro X5 has an upgraded Inspire aircraft, in addition to the X5 camera/gimbal?

Can you elaborate the difference? Better GPS? Better IMU? Better Compass? Better flight controller?

2015-9-11
Use props
fredrik
New

Sweden

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 10:19

When it is possible to buy the new X5R?
Quite funny that when you are on the X5R on DJI's website ( http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/x5r ) , it says that you can buy it. But you cant do it?
The link takes you to the X5 and not the X5R, this is quite confusing for many and it will definitely bring a lot of negative effects for DJI as a company.
2015-9-11
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

Here's MHO: DJI should provide the best available unit to Jim Hare for free as a token of appreciation for all he has given this community. I would welcome his review and input with great value before I would do anything. I'm THRILLED with micro 4/3 platform being integrated into the process since I have two Lumix cameras and was seriously looking at the S 1000 to get them in the air. Now I will instead probably look at the Pro package instead and add a Ronin M instead of the $ on the aerial gimbal.
Let's get Jim Hare's opinion and listen with both ears
2015-9-11
Use props
Tony Tronic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 09:19

Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if one of the rotors fails on an s900 or s1000 the aircraft will still fly, but if one fails on the Inspire it will crash.  

If I was going to spend the huge sums being mentioned on an advanced setup, I'd certainly want one with redundancy. Personally I feel the X5 and X5R are too expensive for a quad.

I would have liked to have seen an improved camera to the X3 ( simply because in my opinion the  image quality is poor), but at £1000 max.
2015-9-11
Use props
stasissports
lvl.1

United States

this seems like a great set up. i am interested for sure. but also worried about losing the copter with a 2000-3000 dollar camera on it . i have been fortunate not to have anything funny happen with my inspire 1. i still get nervous seeing other customers situations with these birds and the service they get when something happens to them. i also would like to know what is so upgraded about the inspire 1 pro over what we currently have. i was told by a dji rep that you guys were only making better parts/cams for the inspire 1 for the next year or so.... so buy with confidence. not even 3 months later there is a upgraded pro version possibly...man that would suck. also the mounting plate surely should be free or included.  i am still pretty satisfied with my purchase but a tad disappointed with other things. this is probably 50 percent business and 50 percent hobby/pleasure use for me.... so i am not so easily upset. hope it all goes well. i was still waiting to order the hand gimbal lol
2015-9-11
Use props
SimonMW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 361263 ft

United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 09:19

That's interesting info. Though to make the most of the dynamic range on the X5 the compression needs to be extremely good. 60Mbps in 8-bit colour is severely limiting for being able to grade such footage. For 13 stops and to be able to grade 10-bit colour is the minimum that should be provided to avoid posterisation and other issues during grading.

I'm puzzled as to why DJI have taken the decision to make the cameras leap from 60Mbps 8-bit MPEG on the X5 to Raw on the X5R? It would have been a better choice to at least offer Prores 422, or Prores Lite on the X5, which could have been coped with using the fastest SD cards, and then the SSD option for Raw and ProresHQ on the X5R. At the very least 120Mbps on the X5 should have been considered. As it is the X5 seems like an amazing camera that has been crippled by the codec.
2015-9-11
Use props
Pgale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 275207 ft
United Kingdom

I want to know if the CODEC on the X5 has been improved over the (terrible) CODEC on the X3? As Simon says, 60Mbps for 4K is truly awful for a camera at this price point.
2015-9-11
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-9-11 20:18
Here's MHO: DJI should provide the best available unit to Jim Hare for free as a token of appreciati ...

Heh, Sounds good to me!  
2015-9-11
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

I just received my Inspire 1 yesterday and haven't even taken it out of the case yet. This morning I read about the Inspire 1 Pro and was initially so disappointed........until I saw the price............I'm good.
2015-9-11
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Linolens Posted at 2015-9-11 09:02
TB47 10mins
TB48 13mins

the X5R is even more heavy and has a much higher power consumption.

are these flight times for X5 or X5R?
2015-9-11
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

DJI-Dave Posted at 2015-9-11 10:19

Thats true. Probably with 4K/60p I would buy it but it will keep the 30p yaw problem and I can not monetarize it within a few months so I better wait until chips are fast enough for 4K/60p.

In my country its almost impossible to legally earn money with the Inspire1 because if you legally register it for commercial puropses you will only be allowed to fly over unpopulated area. So you can choose between leave it as a hobby and earn nothing, fly completely illegal, register but still fly illegal.

What I would need is a camera between. Like a X4 with 1" chip and 4k/60p. The X3 chip is too small thats the main problem but the X5 well you have to find a good use for it.
2015-9-11
Use props
gr8pics
lvl.4
  • >>>
Norway

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-9-11 12:40
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if one of the rotors fails on an s900 or s1000 the aircraft wi ...

That is also my other concern, you dont spend 8000 on a quad, no redundancy at all if something goes wrong, and are you willing to put your faith in Djis hands?
Pros never fly quads with this much value, for obvious reasons...
And 10 min flight times, impossible to do anything before you have to land again, unless youre just a handful of people on set.

The way i see it, this is great for the ones with loads of money that think that money can buy them "pro" titles.
For a real pro, it doenst make sense, then you spend a little more and get the real thing.
In the long run, getting the best right away saves you more time and money by not wasting it on mediocre equipment.
I dont know how many times i thought buying the next best thing would benefit me, and im always wrong, cause youll end up spending as much as the best equipment cost, after you bought the other and sold that one with loss, not to mention time, which is also money.
I can guarantee you, no saved bucks is worth the hassle when youre at a set and have to cancel it due to problems with your gear, that will cost your reputation and loss of clients ten times more...
If you work as a pro, youll get the pro gear, not the semi pro ;)
2015-9-11
Use props
knarfboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 494508 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can preorder now on DJI Store:

More Info -> http://goo.gl/JqgxGF

Buy in DJI Store. -> http://goo.gl/zR8si8
2015-9-11
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

The DJI website is misleading for this new product. Click the "Learn More" for the X5R and you get the specs of the X5R. Go to "Buy Now" Button and it takes you to the X5. I can't find the X5R anywhere. I'm guessing its not being offered yet? Why not take us to a pre-order page with expected release date instead of confusing some customers into buying possibly the wrong camera/gimbal system?

Silly
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Daninho Posted at 2015-9-11 01:58
Its really nice for pro aerial photography, of course its not suited to just for fun. Nobody would b ...

Yes, buying the new Inspire1 Pro with the X5R is geared more for the pro.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

frank320 Posted at 2015-9-11 02:19
DJI-Dave,
You mentioned in the post above: "The price of the new Inspire Pro with the X5 is high b ...

I wish I could tell you. In fact I have wished I could tell you guys for a while now. I have known about the new Inspire for a long time, however I am not allowed to talk about it until DJI makes its official release. The only reason I was even able to mention it by name is because that info has already been leaked out.
I have a NDA with DJI and there is a lot of stuff I am not allowed to talk about.
Sorry
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-9-11 08:28
The DJI website is misleading for this new product. Click the "Learn More" for the X5R and you get t ...

Yeah.

The X5R is not available yet.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

fredrik@fivseo. Posted at 2015-9-11 02:55
When it is possible to buy the new X5R?
Quite funny that when you are on the X5R on DJI's website  ...

The X5R is not available yet. And I can not give a date of when it will be.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Machoman Posted at 2015-9-11 05:16
the X5R is even more heavy and has a much higher power consumption.

are these flight times for X5 ...

It is for neither. You must have not seen my post under his where I said "That is not correct"

Those numbers are wrong. Flight time will be better than that
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2015-9-11 03:18
Here's MHO: DJI should provide the best available unit to Jim Hare for free as a token of appreciati ...

Good Idea! I am all for it, I would love to hear his opinion of the new camera system.
2015-9-11
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Tony Tronic Posted at 2015-9-11 03:40
Please correct me if I'm wrong. But if one of the rotors fails on an s900 or s1000 the aircraft wi ...

That is true Tony. You are correct. It is a higher risk flying a quad.
2015-9-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules