Ronin Spinning Around Erratically
3879 7 2015-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
becomethesignal
New

United States

Hello all,
My Ronin had been working great until today. For some reason, now most of the time the motors will not engage when the Ronin is turned on, however if and when they do engage, it will spin the Ronin around or cause it to flip over. I haven't dropped it or damaged it in any way. This problem came out of nowhere.
After experiencing this problem, I tried upgrading the firmware and calibrating the Ronin through a computer as well as the Android app, but the same problem remains. I also tried downgrading (still same problem) then upgrading again. After the upgrade, I was able to get it to work for a little bit, then it flopped around and left me with my original problem.
Please help! I depend on this for my livelihood!

2015-9-10
Use props
fran_otero
New

Argentina

Hi! I have the same problem and i don't know what to do. Did you solved it? Thanks!
2015-9-27
Use props
blackmagictim
New

United States

Link below fixes problem with wild spinning Wild Spin Fixed in 5 mins

http://gearjones.com/2015/10/04/ ... -magic-tim-youtube/
2015-10-14
Use props
Melrish
New

United Arab Emirates

I tried that but I still have the same issue

NEED HELP GUYS!
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

blackmagictim Posted at 2015-10-15 07:37
Link below fixes problem with wild spinning Wild Spin Fixed in 5 mins

http://gearjones.com/2015/10/ ...

About some compliant about our customer service in that video, I'd like to explain that if we don't receive any response from customer after some kind email reminders during the process, our service representative may have to close the case for our system management. However, you as our customers can always re-open your case anytime for a resolution. To provide a good service, we do need your cooperation to precede the whole service procedures.
Thanks for your understanding!

As claimed in the video, the problem should be out of the wire connection, in that situation, we would recommend returning it to our service center for repair.
Please just review our after-sales policy to have a better understanding of our service routines. http://www.dji.com/service
2016-4-15
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

If the problem is in the hardware or wire connections, please send it in for repair.
If you need any help, please let me know.
2016-4-15
Use props
Brianhammster
lvl.1
United States

I had same issue. Randomly spinning or letting motors engage sometimes. So hearing how customer service is lame. I had no time to deal with it.
So what the issue is was a bad connection where the roll part and the cable goes into. I opened everything up. Took my ohm meter to each connection. It was the yellow cable. It had an intermittent signal. I created and soldered a jumper cable cutting out bad section. Closed it up. Put some zip ties and liquid tape to secure it. Works better than out of the box. Quiet and smooth even with a heavy camera.
IMG_7404.JPG
IMG_7417.JPG
IMG_7418.JPG
2016-10-26
Use props
valealvarez.s96
lvl.3
Argentina

Brianhammster Posted at 2016-10-27 01:06
I had same issue. Randomly spinning or letting motors engage sometimes. So hearing how customer serv ...

If you make a tutorial video on youtube of the procees of how to repair that it will be really nice of you, thanks for posting this
2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules