Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"Follow me" on Ipad Air 1/1st Edition
939 11 2015-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maaka.heemi
lvl.1

Australia

Hey guys,  just tried to fly follow me and kept getting position invalid,  any answers to fixing this issue,  i switched to f mode on my controller and could not figure this out
2015-9-10
Use props
maaka.heemi
lvl.1

Australia

I have also updated to the latest firmware and have successfully done my drone and RC without any issues, i'm sure its something basic I surely must have missed hopefully.
2015-9-10
Use props
DropOut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

maaka.heemi@gma Posted at 2015-9-11 09:08
I have also updated to the latest firmware and have successfully done my drone and RC without any is ...

Your device needs GPS, some iPAD's don't have it.
2015-9-10
Use props
walid666
lvl.2

Saudi Arabia

maaka.heemi@gma Posted at 2015-9-11 10:08
I have also updated to the latest firmware and have successfully done my drone and RC without any is ...

maaka.

make sure u got gps on ur phone/tablet...

i tried it yesterday with a hand on the car wheel and the other one one the RC. (<20m) and it worked well..

good luck
2015-9-10
Use props
maaka.heemi
lvl.1

Australia

thanks guys for the positive answers, very much appreciated, will check it out.
2015-9-11
Use props
dougienator
New

Canada

I am also getting the same ... I was getting "cannot enable GPS" at first and when I enabled GPS on my Iphone I started getting "invalid position" . Could not figure it out and eventually gave up !

Also, does anyone know where to get official instructions on how to use the intelligent features ?

I have figured out how to use all except the "follow me". It would be nice to have some official documentation for reference.

Thanks
2015-9-11
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

dougienator@gma Posted at 2015-9-11 16:08
I am also getting the same ... I was getting "cannot enable GPS" at first and when I enabled GPS on  ...

try this video i did,
http://forum.dji.com/thread-30879-1-1.html
2015-9-11
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

dougienator@gma Posted at 2015-9-11 16:08
I am also getting the same ... I was getting "cannot enable GPS" at first and when I enabled GPS on  ...

this one i did to show you can also do zip line

http://forum.dji.com/thread-30881-1-1.html
2015-9-11
Use props
maaka.heemi
lvl.1

Australia

What if I setup a Wifi hotspot on my android phone that has cellular connections 3G/4G, would that fix this problem? just charging my batteries and will let you know once I have done so.
2015-9-16
Use props
maaka.heemi
lvl.1

Australia

connect by Wifi to my phone and use my phone to act as a GPS? I want to use my Ipad Air over my Samsung 4 Tablet and S5, both my android versions lag like crap, the air runs smooth.
2015-9-16
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

maaka.heemi@gma Posted at 2015-9-17 11:38
What if I setup a Wifi hotspot on my android phone that has cellular connections 3G/4G, would that f ...

no hot spot wont fix problem but u can get a bluetooth gps for your device
2015-9-16
Use props
maaka.heemi
lvl.1

Australia

WOW, I just did what I thought might work,

Okay, I have an IPAD Air 1, 1st Edition, now I wifi hotspot my Samsung S5 to my Ipad, Fired up the Phantom 3 Pro and Controller, swtiched to F Mode, selected Follow me, put the Drone in the air about 20 feet and hit enable I think it was and it worked, so I have proved it works people, I had to try for myself as I am quite savy with wireless networks/gps

Just wanted to share this with everyone that might be in the same boat AS I WAS, thank you for everyones help and support
2015-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules