Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Canon 5D MK III HD Gimbal
12Next >
7311 45 2014-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI just posted a new demo video on the 5D HD Gimbal

http://youtu.be/d0O7nd2zsbU
2014-9-22
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

This is a great gimbal that people will really like.  I got to test one for about 6 weeks and the camera output with the Lightbridge on my S1000 was outstanding.  I wish I could justify one in my budget.
2014-9-22
Use props
arq.pedro.valli
New

Mexico

I can't calibrate Zenmsu z15 5d, I need help please
2014-11-8
Use props
arq.pedro.valli
New

Mexico

I have Zenmsu  z15 5d I can not calibrate , turns and too hot to do. Please I need your help, I want a solution
2014-11-8
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Hi guys, I have a new 5d miii gimbal on a s1000+, just installed it all also have the lightbridge installed and working, its done a test flight all ok.
Problem is the huge delay when taking stills, the picture on the downlink goes off for around 3-5 seconds.
This doesnt seem right ?, I hoping its a setting i have overlooked but its stumped me..

Any ideas.

Andrew
2014-12-4
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

No its not cool ??
actually very irritating waiting for the downlink picture to reappear after each still image taken
2014-12-5
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

andrew@altitude Posted at 2014-12-5 22:47
No its not cool ??
actually very irritating waiting for the downlink picture to reappear after each  ...

If you are taking the picture in raw, the file size is about 25mb.  That takes some time to save.  I have the same with the Inspire.  
2014-12-5
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Tahoe,  Im pretty sure its not in RAW, I did check the settings on the camera, but will double check again.
It looks like the video signal to the downlink is interupted somehow and it takes a few seconds to resink ? As I can take shots even while there is no picure showing. Im just so used to my nex7 and having zero delay between shots. I would have thought a Canon 5d m3 would be far better... I will recheck all the settings tomorrow.
2014-12-5
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Ok checked my settings and they are all ok, you take a picture and the osd is visible but stops responding and there is no video picture at all. You can count 5 seconds before video returns to the screen ?  I find this unacceptable for doing aerial shots. Having your picture taken away is flying blind . I see that even the camera if taken off the s1000 and operated manually it blanks out its own screen as well !!
Shooting video is fine but stills is going to drive me mad waiting for  the picture to return each time..... Action shots are going to be fun.

Surely there is a firmware update of setting somewhere to eliminate this blank screen and delay between shots...
2014-12-8
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Ok more news on this gimbal,, I took the camera off the zenmuse and plugged it direct into the hdmi port on the tv, so camera direct to hdmi on tv monitor.
If you take a still picture the tv blacks out and a message appears "NO SIGNAL" on the TV, So my guess is that the Lightbridge sees signal lost and has to resink when it re appears this obviously takes 5 seconds.

This is BAD NEWS..

There must be a way of stopping the Canon from breaking the link ?

I am dissapointed.
2014-12-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Sorry.  Maybe some other Canon guys can help here.
2014-12-9
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks ... Im going to check firmwares for the Canon, maybe theres an update .
Great camera justa pity about the huge delay between shots

2014-12-10
Use props
bill
New

United States

Andrew.. same issue with me.. Frustrating.. But also.. The camera clicks on its own and I loose video link all together.. It won't come back unless I toggle back and forth on the live view switch on the camera.. looking for a solve.. let me know if you come up with anything..
2014-12-31
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello
I have Z15  5D and z15 5D III  gimbals. I have 6s lipo. I have DT7 transmitter and sbus receiver.
My question is that.
Does gimbal work only with DT7 RC control.??
There isn`t A2.
What should I do?
Only gimbal and DT7.
I can not run it.
Regards
2015-1-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Have you all tried the most recent firmware that was released this week?  I would try that and report back your experiences.  Also just a note that one user posted that the HDMI connection in his camera was damage with multiple connects/disconnects that we do on aerial cameras.  Just something to look at.
2015-1-8
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is one  point that I could not understand.
Zenmuse Z15 5D is not in the products now.   Why ??
There is Z15.   There is Z15 5D III HD.  But There is not Z15 5D in the djı web page.
I  Wondered. Is there problem about Z15 5D???
Otherwise. Is Software  same for All gimbal ???
Regards
2015-1-8
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Is there anyone for my question??
Regards
2015-1-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

pimezon1@hotmai Posted at 2015-1-9 03:25
There is one  point that I could not understand.
Zenmuse Z15 5D is not in the products now.   Why ?? ...

I am not sure what you are talking about.  The 5D gimbal is supported.

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-z15-5d/download

Go to the support tab at DJI.com
2015-1-9
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-10 01:13
I am not sure what you are talking about.  The 5D gimbal is supported.

http://www.dji.com/product ...

Thanks
Okey.  
I want to ask one question?
Is Zenmuse Z15 5D work only with DT7 Rc control?
There is not A2 or autopilot.
Regards
2015-1-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

pimezon1@hotmai Posted at 2015-1-10 01:54
Thanks
Okey.  
I want to ask one question?

No you can use a traditional Tx/Rx or one that supports sBus as the Gimbal controller.  You can have limited control of the gimbal via the A2, 3 channels or 4 if you do not have retracts.
2015-1-9
Use props
pimezon1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-10 12:29
No you can use a traditional Tx/Rx or one that supports sBus as the Gimbal controller.  You can ha ...

Thanks for your answer.
I guess my question was misunderstood.
I want to understand the real  that  can Zenmuse Z15 5D   work without A2 ?
I have Only RC controller and Zenmuse gımbal
Regards
2015-1-10
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

OK I have downloaded and installed the new firmware into this Z15-5d hd gimbal.

It states its now compatible with the New A2 Firmware 2.5 ???  mine is 2.4 !!  and nowhere on the DJI site can I find the New version 2.5 !

It also says that we must plug the gimbal into Can2   these are all 3 pin, the pins coming out of the gimbal are 4 pin.  do i need a 4 pin to 3pin cable.
But it says we must have A2 V2.5.  my assistant says mine is 2.4.

Also now the Software assistant says mu gimbal is now a BMPCC lol

But when I plug it all in the poor gimbal thrashes itself to death now !!!! WTF  is going on ?

DJI Please whats going on here.

It was working before I did this January 4th upgrade and now its self destructing.......
2015-1-12
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

another thing i noticed is that the IMU version is showing 1.12   but the release note says it should be 1.8 !!!
the roll servo got so hot just now it started burning. !!!!!  I AM NOT IMPRESSED>

2015-1-12
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

The assistant picks up the gimbal as a BMPCC  as well ?  Its a Z15-5D HD    well now its basically not usable.

And I have a gig tomorrow    gues I will have to use my S800 A2 with BMPCC  with firmwares I have never upgraded !!!

DJI DJI  DJI  ......
2015-1-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

pimezon1@hotmai Posted at 2015-1-11 01:15
Thanks for your answer.
I guess my question was misunderstood.
I want to understand the real  that ...

I am sorry that I misunderstood.  You cannot use the gimbal without the A2.  The gimbal uses sensor information from the A2.
2015-1-12
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

andrew@altitude Posted at 2015-1-12 17:09
The assistant picks up the gimbal as a BMPCC  as well ?  Its a Z15-5D HD    well now its basically n ...

I am very sorry for your upgrade experience.  Right now the only solution is to replace your 5D GCU.  Please contact DJI for an RMA for your unit.
2015-1-12
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks Tahoe  We have sent it back for a replacement, I ordered another GCU from the local agent on the other side of Australia, it should be here tomorrow, Im just sooo scared to even think of upgrading it.
Had a scare yesterday my 2nd s1000 a2 with Z15 nex7 gimbal  suddenly had 1 motor just stop dead while up at 50m. the yellow led was on solid under meaning it had encountered 100% throttle ?  after  landing it refused to start up , only after unplugging and replugging the complete system did it start up ? scary stuff, its since done 2 jobs with no problems, I checked all wiring and it all looks ok. DJI DJI

But I will report back as soon as i have the GCU installed when it gets here, thanks again Tahoe

Andrew down unda
2015-1-15
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Ok Now I am VERY VERY PISSED OFF, This just is not right, We purchased a 2nd GCU as Tahoe suggested we get it replaced as this was the only solution.
It arrived just now from Rise Above Aerials (excellent service 2days) ,
I installed it and checked all connections all ok
Powered up and the gimbal was dead !! no initialising at all, then smoke starts coming out the roll motor !!
So unplugged and removed the ribbon cable from the roll motor,
I uninstalled the assistants and re downloaded from dji website.
Plugged in assistant to the GCU and powered up,  It showed 5D ( good sign)  then without me doing anything it starts doing a firmware update.  please power cycle ... Now it shows its a BMPCC again !!!!!!!!!

So after DJI saying we must update the new firmwares I have now a useless S1000 with 5D and 2 GCU's which think they are BMPCC

And to top it all a burnt out roll motor !!

Its times like this that take years off your life with unneccessary stress.

I just hope DJI are going to sort this mess out and get me back to where I was a few days ago with a working S1000 and 5d Rig.

Not a happy Chappy Down Unda in Perth Australia.
2015-1-15
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

andrew@altitude Posted at 2015-1-16 14:53
Ok Now I am VERY VERY PISSED OFF, This just is not right, We purchased a 2nd GCU as Tahoe suggested  ...

Andrew,

I am not sure what is going on with your unit.  This is not typical.  Contact DJI support and get an RMA.  Once you have a ticket established, let us know and I can follow up on it.  I am sorry that you are having all these issues.  I flew a 5d for about 2 months with no issues but that does not negate your problems.  Again I apologize and do appreciate your frustration.  Please let me help where I can.
2015-1-16
Use props
andrew
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Tahoe

We emailed the support centre and got the following back

Blair.Tang (DJI)
Jan 15 11:16
Dear Altitude,
Thank you for contacting DJI.
I am sorry that i can not help further by emails. It's recommended to contact your dealer as the first option for this issue.
Otherwise, or DJI.com is your dealer, please kindly contact the nearest support center, support center info. See below

So we dont have a RMA number !!! all we got was a link to a Product Repair Form which we have filled out but
we are not sure what to do right now.

I have emailed the DJI Dealer on the East Coast today to ask his advice.

Frustrated.

Andrew
2015-1-18
Use props
glenio.cardoso.
New

Brazil

Estou tendo problema com o ginbal z15 -5D-MKIII, esta vibrando muito, nao estou usando uma lente 24mm. Olhe o link abaixo tem um video

Glenio Cardoso

https://www.facebook.com/video.p ... f_t=video_processed
2015-1-27
Use props
glenio.cardoso.
New

Brazil

I am having problem with the ginbal z15 -5D-MKIII, this vibrating too, I'm not using a 24mm lens. Look at the link below has a video

Glenio Cardoso

https://www.facebook.com/video.p ... f_t=video_processed
2015-1-27
Use props
andrew.altitude
lvl.1

Australia

Ok we contacted the East Coast DJI Dealer who said they would speak to their DJI Rep.
We still have had no response on this.

I would like to send this un usable Z15-5DMKIII HD gimbal back to DJI with 2 x GCU's that think they are BMPCC's.

How can I get the DJI Service centre to issue me a RMA number.

All they do is tell me to download the form and fill it in and send the gear off to them without an RMA.

Tahoe suggested I get an RMA !!

Seems like we are in an endless loop here.

Andrew
2015-1-27
Use props
nikjuz.gmail
New

Belarus

we have the same problem as Anrew, we use Z15-5D III but it shows its a BMPCC, and ufter update its become a crazy!
if there some solutions?
or can we backup firmware?
2015-3-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

nikjuz.gmail Posted at 2015-3-8 20:01
we have the same problem as Anrew, we use Z15-5D III but it shows its a BMPCC, and ufter update its  ...

The only solution is to replace the GCU.  Call DJI LA/China/Germany Monday morning.  The best time is right at 9AM when they open up the lines.  Explain your situation and they will take care of you.  Dealers are not handling Warranty Issues.  Only LA, Germany and China.
2015-3-8
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

andrew.altitude Posted at 2015-1-28 10:42
Ok we contacted the East Coast DJI Dealer who said they would speak to their DJI Rep.
We still have  ...

Andrew this applies to you as well.  Call LA/Germany/China Monday morning right around 9AM when they open the lines.  Explain your situation and they will take care of you.  If either of you have issues please post the case number here and I will escalate it.
2015-3-8
Use props
leemann
lvl.1

Canada

Hi Guys I am getting my Zen 5D HD entering 360 pano mode when failsafe is triggered. any ideas? is this normal? also the default position for startup is to tilt down forcing me to map that function to get it to face forward... being used with S1000 A2 LB setup.
2015-3-13
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

leemann@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-14 00:13
Hi Guys I am getting my Zen 5D HD entering 360 pano mode when failsafe is triggered. any ideas? is t ...

Check to make sure that you have no mixing on any channels.  Also to get the camera to point straight ahead you need to map a channel to make that happen.  The manual says that if there is no channel selected the default is straight ahead, that is not true.  I dual map my RTH switch on my 14SG.  I also have a S1000, A2, Lightbridge while I have tested the 5DMK III it is not in my budget.  I get by with a GH4.
2015-3-13
Use props
leemann
lvl.1

Canada

Thanks Ed there is no mixing that I can tell.  Its not written into the firmware like that? like how default is pointing down. should be corrected in firmware IMO.
2015-3-13
Use props
leemann
lvl.1

Canada

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-3-14 04:15
Check to make sure that you have no mixing on any channels.  Also to get the camera to point strai ...

So I am seeing when the Futaba becomes disconnected enters failsafe, while watching the 5D HD assistant, the values move like they have been programmed. Similar to how the failsafe throttle setting would be. I didn't know this could be set in the gimbal any idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks Lee
2015-3-13
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules