Lightbridge v2
1208 7 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mreeder
New

United Kingdom

Just been sent an email from dji about lightbridge v2,will i be able to use this to replace the version 1 lightbridge on my phantom 2 as I like the new handset with everything built in as opposed to the receiver being separate to my controller and if so when will it be available in the UK and at what price point
2015-9-11
Use props
Gobi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45046 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

As far as i know, the LB2 will not support phantom 2 platform.
2015-9-11
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

If you read the specification page it clearly states it works only with the high end zenmuse gimbles and the wookong and a2 controllers which is crap..  But let me limit their sales potential and anyone who likes to build copters won't want the version 2 light bridge anyway. They won't be able to use their own controllers which limits you dramatically..  Light ridge 1 can send 16ch from a controller to the air end and a sbus decoder can be used to access those extra channels for accessories..  I hope and for dji own benefit they keep both light ridge models and make v1 work with the go app to control naza and the lower end gimbles..  It's easy to accomplish..  Their go pro gimbles need to go back to using the 30 pin port of the gopro or sell an adapter to make already existing go pro gimbles use the go pros 30pin port so lightbridge 1 and the dji go app can control the gopro...  Hopefully they don't forget about the builders that helped get them going ..  Lately it seems like dji only target is the everyday dumbass, lol.  I say that cuz they are ,sling everything more simple and less integratable...    Lightbridge v2 should have at least been backwards compatible with v1..  Now if directors want a video feed too they all have to have a entire controller that's useless except for its video output...  I don't think v2 was properly thought out...
2015-9-12
Use props
mreeder
New

United Kingdom

I did read the specs but was hoping that dji would reply saying that it would be in a future update cause as you rightly say they seem to be concentrating on keeping the sort of people who fly were they shouldn't and make it a pain up the ass for everyone else.
2015-9-12
Use props
sandeep
lvl.2

Australia

+1 to that
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Blade Strik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2015-9-12 14:39
If you read the specification page it clearly states it works only with the high end zenmuse gimbles ...

Actually it gives more options over using a transmitter like futaba or others. One major one is the use of the go app.
2015-9-18
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

which you won't benefit from unless you drop $1500 on the a2 or $1000 on the wookong flight controllers and a $2500 gimble with a $4000 camera...   So the very professional camera guy is who they targeted and they aren't going to like having 4 controllers laying around just for a video feed in multiple locations...maybe I'm wrong here but I just don't think they thought this through..  Or they just wanted a different way to sell inspire parts since they had them laying around anyway..  And if that is the case giving the go app support to lightbridge 1, naza, and the h3-3d and 4d gimbles most likely would have sold much more than having to buy 9 grand in electronics to get full functionality of the system and then a few more grand on the  batteries and s1000 needed to lift it all...  Even if the software upgrade for lightbridge 1 was $100 or $200 to upgrade my naza, lightbridge, and my h3-3d gimble I would be happy to pay it..  Then dji would be tapping the pockets of existing owners as well..  But that is just my 2 cents...I'm sure lightbridge 1 is very capable too.  Even the iPad groundstation lets you use the hardware with the naza iPad app to adjust naza settings during flight or wirelessly on the ground..  
2015-9-24
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry but nothing is inspire compatible,  not even the tx.
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules