Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Zenmuse X5 Series Release Announcement
5627 24 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
First Officer

Hong Kong

Zenmuse X5 Series

THE NEXT EVOLUTION OF AERIAL CAMERAS

x5cam1.jpg

With the Zenmuse X5 series, you have theworld’s first set of Micro Four Thirds cameras built specifically for aerial photographyand cinematography. Bringing unparalleled imaging quality together withintegrated 3-axis gimbal stabilization and remarkable ease of use, eachempowers you to shoot and complete jobs like never before.
x5cam2.jpg

Meet the Zenmuse X5, the world’s firstmirrorless, compact Micro Four Thirds camera made specifically for aerialphotography and cinematography. Designed to work with the DJI Inspire 1ready-to-fly platform, the Zenmuse X5 packs a powerful sensor that’s capable ofrecording 4K videos at up to 30 fps and capturing still images at 16MP.Equipped with the standard MFT interchangeable lens mount and allowing fullwireless remote control over focus, aperture, and more, the Zenmuse X5 lets youshoot the way you want. Welcome to the future of aerial imaging.

Get ready to experience the wonder of RAW.The Zenmuse X5R is the world’s first Micro Four Thirds aerial camera capable ofrecording lossless 4K videos in RAW. With a framerate of up to 30fps and1.7Gbps average bitrate (2.4Gbps maximum bitrate), the X5R empowers you tocapture breathtaking professional-level footage every time. Packed with apowerful MFT sensor, the camera also takes 16MP images with stunning details,while the integrated 3-axis stabilization gimbal keeps the camera level.Finally, an aerial camera that’s truly fit for the professionals.

REVOLUTIONARY SENSOR
x5cam3.jpg

Built inside the Zenmuse X5 is a powerfulMicro Four Thirds sensor that’s absolutely revolutionary for an aerial camera.With a sensor eight times the size of that in the previous X3 camera includedwith the Inspire 1, this new MFT sensor enables high quality, high sensitivityimage recording at an ISO range of 100-25600. With a sophisticated balance ofhigh-resolving power, accurate gradation, and low noise, you are realizing yourartistic and creative vision as never before.

READY TO FLY

x5cam4.jpg

Say goodbye to frustratingly long setups.The Zenmuse X5 is perfectly compatible with the Inspire 1, DJI’s professional,ready to fly aerial platform. Instantly ready and bringing a level of controland convenience that only a fully integrated system can provide, you have acombination of imaging prowess and ease-of-use that is unprecedented in anyaerial imaging system.

TAKE CONTROL
x5cam5.jpg
With the Zenmuse X5, you have anunprecedented level of control right at your fingertips. In the intuitiveauto-focus mode, simply tap on the screen of your mobile device to tell thecamera to focus on a specific area. You can also easily manually changesettings such as focus, shutter, and aperture through the user-friendly DJI GO app. With the Zenmuse X5, youare always ready to take control.

Control the Zenmuse X5 remotely with thesame DJI GO app that is used with the Inspire 1. With a live HD view powered byDJI Lightbridge, you see exactly what the camera is capturing and can adjustevery setting on the fly.

PROFESSIONAL AERIAL VIDEO

x5cam6.jpg

Despite its compact size, the Zenmuse X5 isa powerful video camera that’s capable of recording 4K (3840 x 2160) at up to30 fps, 2.7K (2704x1520) at up to 30 fps, and Full HD (1920 x 1080) at up to 60fps in MP4/MOV format. The Zenmuse X5 enables you to record professional-levelfootage with stunning clarity and detail. A higher speed signal readoutsuppresses the rolling shutter effect when recording, resulting in beautifulfootage even when flying at high speeds. The Zenmuse X5 also comes equippedwith convenient features such as Zebra Pattern and Focus Peaking making it acamera that’s truly fit for any job.

With the Zenmuse X5R, DJI has brought thepower of RAW to a dedicated aerial camera for the first time. Capable ofrecording 4K (3840 x 2160) videos in RAW at up to 30fps, the Zenmuse X5R givesyou the ability to capture every video with all of its original data intact,giving you complete control to edit every single frame in post as a RAW file.Coupled with a maximum bitrate of an astonishing 2.4Gbps, the 4K videosrecorded by the Zenmuse X5R will amaze you with a level of detail and claritythat’s absolutely unmatched by any other aerial camera.

CAPTURE MEMORIES

x5cam7.jpg

With a MFT sensor that’s capable ofcapturing photos at 16MP, the Zenmuse X5 produces print-ready images that lookas good in a frame as they do on your screen. The extra pixels represent a 25%increase over the original Inspire 1 camera. With the shutter speed increasedto as quick as 1/8000 of a second, and the power of the new imaging processorenabling burst capture of up to 7 full size photos per second, the Zenmuse X5helps you relish every memorable moment.

UNPARALLELED  STABILIZATION
x5cam8.jpg

Thanks to DJI’s unparalleled expertise instabilization systems, the Zenmuse X5 is equipped with a highly reliable 3-axisgimbal that automatically stabilizes your camera in flight. The gimbalconstantly communicates with the aircraft, and quickly compensates for everyminor movement. With a precision accuracy of 0.02°, sub-pixel stabilization isoccuring and as a result, the Zenmuse X5 produces silky smooth footage andsharp photos even with long exposure no matter how you fly.

INTERCHANGEABLE LENS MOUNT

x5cam9.jpg

As the world’s first Micro Four Thirdscamera made specifically for aerial photography and videography, the Zenmuse X5gives you the freedom to choose your lens. By utilizing the standard MFT mount,one of the most popular lens systems in the camera industry, the Zenmuse X5 iswell positioned to benefit from new products and innovations from major lensmanufacturers.Currently, there are three prime lenses compatible with theZenmuse X5. With different specifications but the same top-notch quality, thesethree lenses  provide you with theflexibility on set.

BUILT TO LAST
x5cam10.jpg

The Zenmuse X5 is precisely manufacturedwith high-grade magnesium alloys, enabling it to withstand heavy field use.Compact and lightweight to allow easy transportation and long flight times, theZenmuse X5 is built to last.

PRECISE FOCUS CONTROL

x5cam11.jpg

As you fly, focus can be remotely adjustedusing the GO App or the DJI Focus system. Simply plug this new follow focuscontroller into the Inspire 1 remote to have an accurate, familiar physical focuswheel that controls the way your shots look.

2015-9-11
Use props
Carlos1988
lvl.3

Spain

Tell your bosses that bring to sell what they promised. Handheld for zenmuse x3 inspire.
They had everything and more but the handheld, which is what it is needed, do not lay it on sale.
We are you calling stupid? I think you can not compare you with APPLE.
You have to have personality and not copy.
2015-9-11
Use props
giant
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31565 ft
Netherlands

This looks like a very professional system. So I'm  a little suprised to see so little quality in the demo video's. OK they are nicely post produced but I miss the sharpness of UHD footage on my UHD screen.  An example of a very good and sharp video (also from YouTube) is this one:

This is a much more sparkling and sharp video than the DJI demo's. Of course it is not taken with a drone but I expect something better from a $5000+ camera.

I use a DELL 32" UHD monitor.
2015-9-11
Use props
lucaoms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599049 ft
  • >>>
Italy

when will be available 5 pro ( with raw) for inspire1?
by
2015-9-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

So basically the original cam is now Cr@p?
compared too this new one.
2015-9-11
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The X5 looks amazing!  4/3 sensor, lens options, higher iso, but has the same 60/mbs 4K compression?  DJI...why?
2015-9-11
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-9-11 14:33
So basically the original cam is now Cr@p?
compared too this new one.

The original cam was always pretty much crap... X3 is a consumer grade system. Looks decent enough on it's own but try grading it. It's like fighting a puma. X5 is potentailly a welcome upgrade... however...
2015-9-11
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Autumn can you comment on pricing and availability of the standalone X5R system (without lens)? Basically, if I have an Inspire 1 and my own M3/4 lens what is going to cost me to get 4k RAW from DJI?
2015-9-11
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

This is awesome!   Can't wait to see more about the X5R later in the year.
2015-9-11
Use props
Captain Obvious
Second Officer

Australia

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-9-12 08:38
The original cam was always pretty much crap... X3 is a consumer grade system. Looks decent enough  ...

So the big hype over it and all the I1's promises was just bull....Just like it's turned out with their Social page on Facebook ban for NO reason DJI now stands for Downgraded Japanese Inventions.
Sorry but they cant live up to their word then why do we trust them?
2015-9-11
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-9-12 00:14
So the big hype over it and all the I1's promises was just bull....Just like it's turned out with  ...

Well I wouldn't say "bull". You get what you get - the Inspire 1 is a great aircraft and the X3 takes the video it takes.

Just because DJI says "it's amazing looking" doesn't mean it is. Anyone can look at the footage and see what it actually looks like. Compared to other consumer level cameras, the Inspire 1 is right on point.

It is what it is. If you liked it and bought it, enjoy. Otherwise, why did you but it?

I love the Inspire for little standalone projects and if the X5R is what they say it is it'll fit right into my production workflow along with my other main cameras. Otherwise, it'll continue to be used for fun little standalone projects.
2015-9-11
Use props
Thekameleon
lvl.2

United States

Does anyone know if the X5 vibration absorbing board will allow the X3 to be attached? Reason I ask is, I have a modified X3 for agricultural purposes. I'd like to swap out the X3 and X5 with ease.
2015-9-12
Use props
wattsnb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 656444 ft
United Kingdom

Thekameleon Posted at 2015-9-12 11:30
Does anyone know if the X5 vibration absorbing board will allow the X3 to be attached? Reason I ask  ...

Yes, the X5 vibration board is backwards compatible with the X3.  Says so in the FAQ
2015-9-12
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Thekameleon Posted at 2015-9-12 20:30
Does anyone know if the X5 vibration absorbing board will allow the X3 to be attached? Reason I ask  ...

Yes, same connection but the new board makes it possible to mount the heavier X5 and X5R.   No problem continuing to use the X3, it's just overkill for it on its own.
2015-9-17
Use props
nickakin187
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75801 ft
United States

The question I have is will there me another lower insert available that is molded for the new vibration plate and have storage for the new camera case?
2015-9-19
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Autumn, any chance we will see an upgraded codec and bit rate compared to the X3 camera?  The X5 looks like an amazing piece of hardware, I would hate to see it crippled by old software.
2015-9-21
Use props
Renaat
lvl.4

Australia

Will it be possible to change the bitrates on the X5R when shooting in .mov ?
2015-9-22
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I did purchase already.
Any insights on approximate shipping dates?

2015-9-24
Use props
fly8086
lvl.2
Flight distance : 601207 ft
Philippines

I am also waiting for shipment.
2015-9-26
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

For everyone that has ordered the X5, Have you looked into the extended landing gear? It is required and we still have no word on where / when we can buy them, or the fact they they exist besides besides here on the forums. does anyone have any info on them?
EDIT:

NVM... here it is....
http://store.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5-vibration-absorbing-board
2015-9-27
Use props
freemanoftunes
lvl.1

United States

we are assuming this added weight is worth the flight time  i think the current camera is great  and it is the camera this copter is originally designed for--  remember  they did all kinds of testing when they designed the camera for the original copter and they came up with the design for a reason... now you are going to slap something heavier and without the same inherent balance   -- you could be looking at vibration issues, wind issues, motor wear issues
2015-9-27
Use props
freemanoftunes
lvl.1

United States

gybo102 Posted at 2015-9-27 12:56
For everyone that has ordered the X5, Have you looked into the extended landing gear? It is required ...

the small parts in the photo are the caps you put on the legs to "extend" them  all it does is increase the space between the bottom of the camera and the grtound a bit  you just snap them on to the  ends of the legs  2 second fix
2015-9-28
Use props
Blackhawk Down
lvl.1

Canada

Just another delayed product that DJI has taken people's money for and can not deliver on time.
2015-9-28
Use props
petemarshall
lvl.2

Australia

This new camera system sounds like a real game changer. Is there anywhere that we can download sample DNG images.  I am particularly interested in low light situations as the X3 suffers from noise issues in low light. I would also love to see regular images shot with the dji lens that may demonstrate any spheric and chromatic aberrations. The last bit i would love to know is about the approx write speed of DNG files.  I am shooting a lot of HDR and currently the x3 takes a bit of time to get  through  a set of 5 images.   Any help would be greatly appreciated
2015-9-29
Use props
fabriceh.photog
New

Réunion

So, is it possible to see sample then ?
Any afficial availibilty ?
2015-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules