Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The 5R camera
1237 9 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ambambcopter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

It looks like the major difference between the two camera versions is that the "R" bit rate is considerably higher.

Gbps as opposed to Mbps as stated in the specs list.
2015-9-11
Use props
houston
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also the fact that the R will shoot RAW, which is probably where the R comes from.
2015-9-11
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

houston Posted at 2015-9-11 21:25
Also the fact that the R will shoot RAW, which is probably where the R comes from.

Or from Really expensive.
2015-9-11
Use props
houston
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I will go with that one Dundee. LOL
2015-9-11
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Yeah, not just bitrate, different beast completely.    RAW shooting is the holy grail for all cinematographers.   It gives ultimate control over the image when you need it most.  Will also obliterate all the artifact issues.

Keep in mind pros are used to paying $20k - $70k for their cameras so this is a drop in the bucket.

I for one am very excited about the X5R, total game changer.
2015-9-11
Use props
nilsblix
First Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

jimhare Posted at 2015-9-12 03:23
Yeah, not just bitrate, different beast completely.    RAW shooting is the holy grail for all cinema ...

I know I will never ever buy a X5 R - I can not even handle the workflow it desire - it is for pros - and that is good.
But I could consider a X5 - do you think it is a significant upgrade ?
2015-9-14
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

I understand the advantages of the 5XR for video, but is the still photography exactly the same on the two? Are there any sample DNG files from either camera posted anywhere?

I know this is difficult to answer at this point... I am wondering what the lowest shutter speed that can "typically" be used for "sharp" images in low light (e.g. a dusk shot of a house) in no wind and 5-10MPH wind.  
With the Inspire X3 camera I have gotten sharp images at .4 seconds in good conditions. That is a wider lens at somewhat lower resolution than on the X5 so I probably can't expect the same on the X5... or can I?  Besides the larger sensor and 4 additional megapixels  (only 12.5 % increase in resolution by pixel count) in the X5 over the X3, is the resolution of the lenses better, the image processing better?  I know there are a lot of factors because the larger sensor in the X5 will allow for higher ISOs with more detail and cleaner images than using X3. So are there any tests of the two cameras alone... sort of like what DPreview does with their camera comparisons as well as aerial test comparison?
2015-9-14
Use props
jimhare
Captain
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-15 01:23
I know I will never ever buy a X5 R - I can not even handle the workflow it desire - it is for pro ...

Absolutely I do, the 4/3 sensor and interchangeable lenses are gold!   Depth of field will be an entirely new element here.   
2015-9-14
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.4

United States

Just wondering will the x5r render a better video even if just shooting just in 4k?  As the transfer rate will be faster?
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

jimhare Posted at 2015-9-12 09:23
Yeah, not just bitrate, different beast completely.    RAW shooting is the holy grail for all cinema ...

That's right! this price for the piece for professional equipment is alright.
2015-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules