Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Way to Manage Previous Waypoint Mission
3530 14 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
accidentalcio
lvl.1

United States

We really need a way to be able to name and easily delete / manage waypoint missions. This is a great feature, but it the lack of solid management features in the dji go app for managing previous / saved missions make it incredibly difficult to use / manage.

a) to get to the mission favorite collection, not only does my phantom has to be on but it has to be in the air.
   -> solution: build some way in the app to be able to review previous journeys in the app even though the aircraft is not turned on

b) we can't easily delete missions - so there are numerous ones and I am not sure which is the "right" one
   -> solution: build a way to easily delete saved missions as well as easily name them for future reference.

The waypoint functions work very well and I personally have no problem with having to fly missions to save the waypoints. But I need to be able to easily manage the previous saved missions.

Can this feature get added into the go app?

Best,

Tim
2015-9-11
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

EXCELLENT SUGGESTIONS. DJI are you listening, please?
2015-9-11
Use props
heyandy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

As I finally got to get out last night and use the new features, this was one thing I noticed also.  So consider this another vote to get this feature into the DJI Go app!
2015-9-11
Use props
Phuglie
First Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I would like to add my 2 farthings to that also!
2015-9-11
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-11
Use props
accidentalcio
lvl.1

United States

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-9-11 14:26
There must be a logical reason to DJI's madness regarding waypoint navigation to the Phantom 3 becau ...

Can anyone from DJI respond to this question / request?

Second, has anyone come upon a third party waypoint editor yet?
2015-9-13
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-9-14
Use props
hcadams
New
Flight distance : 248638 ft
United States

Since DJI hasn't commented, I disagree. They have forced us to be stupid when we can save a paths but have no 21th century way to name them, catalogue them, or find them.
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2015-9-11 23:04
EXCELLENT SUGGESTIONS. DJI are you listening, please?

Yes, we are listening and we do appreciate your suggestions.
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

accidentalcio Posted at 2015-9-14 02:35
Can anyone from DJI respond to this question / request?

Second, has anyone come upon a third part ...

I have explain it few times in other threads. It is safer this way, cause the map and real world has difference, it can have few meters difference between the map and reality , you cannot see the height of the buildings and trees on a map , but some people don't even want to listen, they just want to poke their way-points  in the map and enjoy it until their aircraft crashes in to the tree or any other obstacle that is not marked on a map,  eventually coming here and complaining about DJI again.
2015-9-14
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.4
United States

At least let us NAME the missions... I can't imagine what DJI is thinking on that... didn't it go by at least a few users before they froze the code? It works great... but not being able to name the flights.... pathetic on DJI's part.
2015-9-14
Use props
Kit Walker
lvl.4

Australia

vu.q.le@outlook Posted at 2015-9-12 04:26
There must be a logical reason to DJI's madness regarding waypoint navigation to the Phantom 3 becau ...

I've been thinking this too.

1) They are R-tards. (Unlikely)
2) They are so busy programming and testing for basic requirements and safety, they may overlook helpful options. (most likely)
3) They don't want any legal repercussions. So will provide features as advertised.., but VERY restricted.
Annoyingly restricting.., that it forces people to find third-party software. But will still make sales thanks to Lightbridge. (Conspiracy theory, lol)
2015-9-14
Use props
gsp171
lvl.4

United States

Litchi does all this, I have programed GS flights at home for a flight in another state and when I get there, pull her out and hit go,,,,
2015-9-15
Use props
fans2b8b0ab6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 734669 ft
United States

It is bad enought that you have to be flying to enter the waypoints mode, but I cannot even get the GO app to delete saved missions when the aircraft is flying.  When I hit the trash icon for an existing mission another window comes up that gives two choices "cancel" or "delete.  I press the delete option, that window goes away, but the mission is still there.  The only way I can get rid of it is to do a factory reset and then I have to reset many of the settings.  This is rediculous.  Has anyone successfully deleted a Mission?  If so, how did you do it.
2017-6-2
Use props
fans0608e141
New
Flight distance : 30486 ft
Ireland

Is there anyway to name the waypoint missions yet . Cheers
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules