Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Riddle me this - Is this covered under warranty?
1011 8 2015-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TyroneMTurner
lvl.2

United States

OK, so lets just say you’re flying your Phantom 3 professionis the open area. It’s working perfectly, you zip around for about 8 minutes..Then out of nowhere your Phantom loses power in one of the motors. The Phantomstarts to tilt and dive causing you to lose attitude.. Then you crash.. L  If you’re Phantom is less then 40 days oldyou’re out in the clear open and you didn’t hit anything.   

Shouldn’t this be covered under warranty??  

Oh and the most important part.. You catch it all on camera…. (things go bad at 1:56)

2015-9-11
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

that together with flight log should show whether it was machine or human error, and if it is p3 error, i am sure dji will take care of it
get ready to catch a lot of ...... for flying where u were
2015-9-11
Use props
dorn.michael10
lvl.4

United States

open a ticket and submit the flight logs along with the video, if the log says you didn't touch the controls but the video shows a defending phantom, DJI will hopefully take care of you and I've heard progressively better things about their customer service
2015-9-11
Use props
TyroneMTurner
lvl.2

United States

I had permission to fly it there from the land owners and event owners (SCION)

I have submitted the drone for repair via RMA....  They've sent me a bill. There is no way for me to make the Phantom do that even if I tried.
2015-9-11
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
First Officer
Flight distance : 644833 ft
United States

Absolutely DJI should cover a motor failure. The video is also a good warning why we shouldn't fly over people.
2015-9-11
Use props
jayhkr
Second Officer

United States

Yep, DJI will take care of you.  But as Ray said, awfully lucky it didn't decide to go towards the interstate!  Keep us informed of your repair.  Good luck!
2015-9-11
Use props
TyroneMTurner
lvl.2

United States

As of now I have a $420 invoice. I submitted the video as proof of the motor failure. We will see what happens..  I feel for the guys this happen to who was not recording at that time. This makes me want to record for my  whole flight.
2015-9-11
Use props
TyroneMTurner
lvl.2

United States

anybody else wanna chime in?
2015-9-22
Use props
buddhabelly
lvl.2

United States

TyroneMTurner Posted at 2015-9-22 11:53
anybody else wanna chime in?

Sometimes the squeaking wheel doesn't get the grease.
2015-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules