I was given a Mavic 2 Pro..... but it is not booting fully
1296 17 3-14 10:15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
railshot
lvl.1
United States

Hello all, As the title says I was literally given a Mavic 2 Pro but it does not complete boot.
No visible damage to the body, but it did have some very slight amounts of dirt on one of the rear arms.

I have a Mavic 2 Zoom already, and know what should happen as far as startup, so I am inquiring as to what everyone thinks may be the issue with the Pro.

I am not able to see the Pro on either my iMac or my Windows 11 computers when connecting to either of them.
Tried it without the SD card, and I used the same cable that my Zoom connects perfectly with.

I have included a video showing what it does, but here it is in words.
Powers on, all 4 props twitch, gimbal does it's happy dance, and then nothing.

I cannot connect to DJI assistant with it, (my Zoom can and does) so not sure what is going on.

Yes, I just may send it in to be looked at, but I truly love solving issues like this myself with a little help from the "smart kids".
Heheh.....

The main reason I took it was that I thought I could swap cameras in the Zoom and have the best of both worlds with a 10 minute camera swap out.
6 screws and one connection.
I did, but when I turned the Zoom on with the Pro camera in it, there was no camera icon in the settings and I got a gimbal motor overlad alert.
The camera worked, but no settings available plus the tilt did not work.

Yes, I did the firmware change / update on the drone, but it still was not available on the remote menu.... hmmm, I did not udate the remote?

Anyone?
I am familiar with DJI products and software.
I have had an original Mavic Air, Mini 1, and still have a Mini 2 that I love to fly along with the Zoom.

Thanks in advance from a 71 year old that is still having fun flying DJI products!

3-14 10:15
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

https://youtu.be/AfHChoY7s3M
3-14 14:44
Use props
NYC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20169501 ft
United States

I've had great luck with DJI customer service to be honest. Give it a shot if basic troubleshooting fails you, I doubt you'll regret it
3-14 21:41
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. As per the detailed inquiry above, it seems that the unit has an issue with the gimbal, kindly please try to perform the gimbal calibration via the app if you can run the DJI Go 4 app. If not and still the issue persists, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for proper diagnostics, you may create a repair ticket using this link https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . We appreciate your understanding and support.
3-15 00:04
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

Thank you both NYC and DJI Paladin for the reply.

Eventually I may send it in to DJI to have it diagnosed, but until then I am a stubborn old coot that has to try to figure things out on my own.

I may try installing my known good Zoom camera in to see what happens if you think the camera gimbal is the root issue.
I am experienced in computer repairs, so nothing out of my knowledge base.

Yes, I know DJI frowns on customers doing their own repairs, but I am just built that way.

Thanks again, and any other perspectives on this issue.
I will post what I find if I do swap the cameras out.
3-15 06:06
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

I forgot to add that because the Mavic 2 does not get past the initial boot check, or as I call it "power on self-test" I am unable to use any software to do anything as far as calibration or troubleshooting.
3-15 06:10
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans4e38ec2d Posted at 3-15 06:10
I forgot to add that because the Mavic 2 does not get past the initial boot check, or as I call it "power on self-test" I am unable to use any software to do anything as far as calibration or troubleshooting.

You have yourself a fun little repair project it seems!  : )
3-15 07:04
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 3-15 07:04
You have yourself a fun little repair project it seems!  : )

TonyPHX...... you betcha!
I love doing this stuff and learning as I go.
I may be old, but the brain still needs to be fed.
3-15 07:30
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

Just a bit of an update on this:
I tried the Pro camera in my Zoom body again.
It showed up in assistant as a Pro, so I did all the calibrations using Assistant , checked the version of firmware installed, and all looked good.

I then connected the now "Pro" drone to my remote.
No gimbal overload errors, but no camera icon in the main menu.
No tilt, pan, etc.

Next, I need to see what firmware is on the controller to be sure....
Stay tuned folks, I have a lot of time and curiosity now.
3-15 09:31
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans4e38ec2d Posted at 3-15 09:31
Just a bit of an update on this:
I tried the Pro camera in my Zoom body again.
It showed up in assistant as a Pro, so I did all the calibrations using Assistant , checked the version of firmware installed, and all looked good.

You may also need to re pair the controller and drone. As it is most likely paired as a zoom.
3-15 10:12
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

bjr981s Posted at 3-15 10:12
You may also need to re pair the controller and drone. As it is most likely paired as a zoom.

Never even thought of that!
The next time I try the camera, I will re-pair it and see what happens.
Thanks for the idea!
It is too nice and sunny this afternoon, so going to fly it as a zoom for now, but around these parts, March is usually cloudy, windy, and cold.
Love flying either way and thank you so much for the idea.
3-15 11:03
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

I have had this Mavic 2 Pro for 1 week now, and think it may be out of my knowledge base and skills to get it going again so I am considering sending it in to DJI for evaluation.

One question I have about doing that is if the repair costs exceed the value of the drone, which I am pretty sure it will, what would be the cost just to have them evaluate it?

3-18 06:22
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

oops, double post.... sorry

3-18 06:23
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

Tirple post for the win..... sheesh, it is Monday afterall.

3-18 06:24
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

To put an end to this one, the Pro is now being used for parts to repair another pro by someone else.
He crashed his, and needed body parts so eh..... why not help a guy out eh?
3-24 04:07
Use props
fans4e38ec2d
lvl.1
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 3-24 07:40
Create a repair ticket.  DJI will email you a prepaid shipping label.  Remove your memory card & any custom items, then package up the drone & whatever other components are required & send it in.  Once received, DJI will send you a quote for the repair cost.  If you want it repaired, pay the fee & you're all set.  Return shipping is included.  You may decline repairs & opt to have the drone returned to you.  I have never done that so I don't know if they charge you a diagnostic fee or return shipping fee?

I have used DJI's paid repair service several times.  It has always been very reasonable.  It's basically $65 labor + parts.  When my Mavic 2 went down the total cost was $88.  Recently I sent in a crashed Avata with all sorts of damage.  Total repair cost was $159.  Take note you won't receive back your original unit.  You will receive back a new, or like-new, replacement.  You will activate it like a brand new aircraft & bind it to your current RC (unless they send you a complete package with both).  You'll even be offered the opportunity to purchase Care Refresh on the replacement drone.  It's a good deal & for a Mavic 2 Pro you're getting an excellent, RID-compliant, drone.

Good advice, but I let someone else have it to repair their crashed Mavic 2.

Just being a good DJI community member and trying to help others.
I still have my Mavic 2 Zoom to enjoy and fly along with my Mini 2, so why not eh?
3-24 08:26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans4e38ec2d Posted at 3-15 06:06
Thank you both NYC and DJI Paladin for the reply.

Eventually I may send it in to DJI to have it diagnosed, but until then I am a stubborn old coot that has to try to figure things out on my own.

You are most welcome and we totally respect your expertise regarding drones and electronics. Just a friendly reminder, we cannot guarantee that the unit will return or will come back to its normal function after doing DIY repairs as our engineers at our repair facility are the only ones who specialize in repairing or fixing these drones. If you have decided to send it in for diagnostics, feel free to contact the link posted above. Should you have other inquiries, feel free to contact us. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
3-24 19:48
Use props
Bierles
New

Netherlands

We offer  painkillers.  We offer medications without a prescription.  Products available:  Oxycodone,Tramadol,Dilaudid, Cybalta,Oxycotin. Fentanyl,Roxicodone,Percocet,Hydromorphone,duloxetine. Methadone,buprnorphine,Morphine,Butrans,MS Contin. Fentanyl,Duragesic,Kadian,Oxyfast,Belbuca. Gabapentin,Irenka,Xtampza ER, Acetaminophen.   Contact:  Email: smendy207@gmail.com
3-25 00:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules