12Next >
1557 48 3-17 08:46
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Hi, yesterday i lost my drone.
The drone changed altitude in 1 second from 70 to over 110m.

I tried to find in app, but somebody steal it.

https://we.tl/t-Z5f2PNXX2W

https://we.tl/t-V3ITdD0RlK

is this normal, that drone change altitude ?

Please help.
3-17 08:46
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6406329 ft
  • >>>
Russia

You must show the logs that are stored on the remote control or phone.
3-17 10:00
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

hello, i think thats it :

https://we.tl/t-TfxsHwV8m5
3-17 10:41
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 10:41
hello, i think thats it :

https://we.tl/t-TfxsHwV8m5

The Android directory Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecords stores text files by flight date. You need to upload them to airdata.com and place the flight link here. Or you can configure the airdata.com service to have access to your flights on the DJI server
The website has instructions on how to do it.
3-17 10:58
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 10:58
The Android directory Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecords stores text files by flight date. You need to upload them to airdata.com and place the flight link here. Or you can configure the airdata.com service to have access to your flights on the DJI server
The website has instructions on how to do it.

3-17 11:14
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Would you like to post a link to the flight so we can see the information we need?
3-17 11:20
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 11:20
Would you like to post a link to the flight so we can see the information we need?

Hi, If this is not a problem for you, please post.
3-17 11:27
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 11:27
Hi, If this is not a problem for you, please post.

where can I see other people's opinions?
3-17 11:28
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 11:20

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8M58T3O13PTZE0CFBTK1
3-17 11:30
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-17 11:30
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/8M58T3O13PTZE0CFBTK1

the question is what happenend here ?
drone just felt down.

3-17 11:48
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 11:48
[view_image]

the question is what happenend here ?

As usual with such request.

Take off with 0 sat
VLOS...
RC signal lost
Auto land

I recommend that you write to the address below. They will be happy to explain to you what happened.
lbsp@ulc.gov.pl
3-17 11:54
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

i understand my fault.
but i have information "home point updated" on the same place where i start flying on the hight 20m.
3-17 12:04
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 11:48
the question is what happenend here ?    Drone just fell ?

Sadly it seems to me that that might be the case.
If you open the csv from PH and look at the column 39, entitled "OSD.isMotorOn", it switches from "TRUE" to "FALSE" in the last line.
That suggests the drone stopped the motors.
This might be a warranty matter, the drone is only a few days old.

3-17 12:10
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

это нормально, что дрон меняет высоту?
Yes, it is normal. The drone lost contact and began to fly home; before the flight it rises to the height you set at 120m
Before the connection was lost, the number of satellites dropped sharply and the connection between the remote control and the drone was lost.
It can be assumed that you are in an area with interference. The drone would still have returned to you without communication with the remote control, but here the signal from the satellite probably disappeared completely, so the drone could not return.

3-17 12:17
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 12:17
это нормально, что дрон меняет высоту?
Yes, it is normal. The drone lost contact and began to fly home; before the flight it rises to the height you set at 120m

But why come back and just felt down? There are not electrical line.the sky is clear.
3-17 12:20
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 12:20
But why come back and just felt down? There are not electrical line.the sky is clear.

The connection with the remote control was lost, so the drone turned on RTH
3-17 12:23
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 12:20

The last message was that the return mode was canceled and the drone switched to tripod mode. Did you switch?
3-17 12:29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 12:23
The connection with the remote control was lost, so the drone turned on RTH

I do not think it completed the RTH, I think it literally switched the motors off and fell.
Not only does the last line  show a motor stop but look at the pitch and, more noticably, the roll in the last line of the csv, -31.5, 61.6 deg resepectively.
3-17 12:32
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 12:29
The last message was that the return mode was canceled and the drone switched to tripod mode. Did you switch?

No.what is tripod mode?
3-17 12:40
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-17 12:32
I do not think it completed the RTH, I think it literally switched the motors off and fell.
Not only does the last line  show a motor stop but look at the pitch and, more noticably, the roll in the last line of the csv, -31.5, 61.6 deg resepectively.

So a sudden engine failure?  The video shows it falling... could someone have disturbed its operation or even the operation of the engines?
3-17 12:43
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-17 12:32
Not only does the last line  show a motor stop but look at the pitch and, more noticably, the roll in the last line of the csv, -31.5, 61.6 deg resepectively.

How can you see this?
It was possible there was a collision, but the altitude was high, it could have been a bird.
3-17 12:46
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

This is written in the log. Usually this means cine mode.
3-17 12:48
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Is there more fault engine like mine in dji mini 4?
3-17 12:57
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 12:48
This is written in the log. Usually this means cine mode.

Cine mode i turned on always when dron is coming back rth.
3-17 12:58
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 12:58

Why? It looks like as soon as you turned on the movie mode, the drone immediately fell. Perhaps he braked sharply and turned over due to the wind...

3-17 13:24
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 12:58

Unless things have changed, switching flight mode cancels an ongoing RTH.

Yes I think the drone stopped its motors but really you need JJB* from here or slup, sar104 or Budwalker from mavicpilots to have a look at the log.
There is also the question of what does "ESC stalled near ground" at the bottom of column 42 mean ?

Drones seem to free fall around 14 to 16 m/s, so from 300ft/91m it would take about 6 to 7 second for the drone to free fall to the ground from that height, it may be that the drone fell in the 41 second disconnection and the last line is with the drone on the ground and the propellers were fouling something but from memory a mid air motor stop also zeros the height in the log.

You need better people than me to offer their opinion.

3-17 13:31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Serg SSA Posted at 3-17 12:46
Not only does the last line  show a motor stop but look at the pitch and, more noticably, the roll in the last line of the csv, -31.5, 61.6 deg resepectively.
How can you see this?
It was possible there was a collision, but the altitude was high, it could have been a bird.

Last line of the csv.
The pitch change is also evident in the replay on phantom help via the srtificial horizon or attitude indicator but take note that I realised that the drone could have fallen during the disconnection and that the last line was recorded when the drone was on the ground.
3-17 13:37
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

thank you all for your help.  If anyone has anything else to say, I'd love to hear it.
3-17 13:40
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Is this jammer able to stop the engines?
Screenshot_20240317_224457_WhatsApp.jpg
3-17 13:45
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 13:40
thank you all for your help.  If anyone has anything else to say, I'd love to hear it.

If JJB* from here doesn't weigh in post the thread and phantomhelp link over on the Mavicpilots forum .
3-17 13:50
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The altitude change did not happen in one second.
Note the time gaps in your data where you had lost signal.

Here's what your data shows
At 3:35.8 you lost signal and the drone commenced RTH and climbed towards the set RTH height.
When signal was reconnected 25 seconds later, the drone was 60 metres closer to home.
Just a few seconds after signal was restored, you changed the maximum flight altitude to 25 metres (why?)  ... and the drone started descending.
Six seconds later, signal was lost again, with the drone 65 metres higher than the new maximum flight altitude and continuing to descend.

There is no data to show what happened for the next 41 seconds.
There is only one line of data after that.
What it shows is the flight mode has changed from Go Home to Tripod Mode and the drone is still 1114 metres east of the homepoint.
It also shows the number of satellites has dropped from 30 to 17 which wouldn't happen up high in the air.
The height shown in the data is zero and the pitch and roll data shows the drone rolled over on its side.
The 41 seconds without data is more than enought time for the drone to have descended to the ground approximately 80 metres below.

The data doesn't give a complete picture of what happened, but what is there sugests the drone may have descended to the ground at 53.37078  14.66678 and could be in the vegetation on the north side of the road.
3-17 16:13
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy Posted at 3-17 13:45
Is this jammer able to stop the engines?

This is not a jammer
3-17 21:49
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What type of controller were you using ? One with a built in screen or one that requires a phone etc. ? If you were using one that requires a phone what commands did you issue with the joysticks during the 41 second disconnection ?
I think the failsafe setting was go home but i can't open the CSV on this tablet, can you confirm the setting ?
3-17 21:52
Use props
djiuser_uWTcLjuibQqy
lvl.1

Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-17 21:52
What type of controller were you using ? One with a built in screen or one that requires a phone etc. ? If you were using one that requires a phone what commands did you issue with the joysticks during the 41 second disconnection ?
I think the failsafe setting was go home but i can't open the CSV on this tablet, can you confirm the setting ?
I use rc2.
Drone normally should return home.
What kind issue you mean?
3-17 22:10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog too.

Take with zero satellites, no HomePoint set ofcourse at your start position.
First part your Mini4Pro using the vision to fly nicely....

At 19.7s in flight 14 sats + a '3' for GPS signal quality, now the 30 meter height limit is off.
At 21s HomePoint set during flight, above a tennis court,  see picture.

Rest of flight normal.

At 3m35s a disconnect, flying at 71 meter baro height and 1165 meter away from HomePoint.
Disconnect for 26 secs, so in the RTH mode.

Now at 105 meter, distance out 1114 meter, next records drone is slowly descending to 90 meter...normal for a Mini4Pro.
But after few seconds in RTH again a disconnect.

Disconnect for almost 3 minutes....

So in this 3 minutes it did fly to your HomePoint ofcourse, i mean why not ? this is normal drone behaviour!
Flying to HP about in 130 seconds + landing from 110 meter to zero = aproxx 40 secsonds

So my guess it just landed at Homepoint, last record shows motor off and high drone pitch and roll values, so it did not landed smoothly.

As not all records in the log are written at the same time....i am not surprised to see GoHome for the last records with distance still 1113.9 and Height zero.Baro height is zero`d at rotors off.

GPS rest of the flight solid 30 sats with good quality.

cheers
JJB

Analysis1.png
Analysis2.png
Analysis3.png
3-18 00:14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about the accident. If you're unable to locate the drone, you can start a flyaway case through the link below. If there is a doubt about the accident, data analysis can also be applied as long as the drone is within the warranty period. http://www.dji.com/support
3-18 02:14
Use props
MKmini4
lvl.3
Germany

Could you possibly upload the video of the flight for us?
3-18 03:12
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 3-18 00:14
Hi,

Had a look at your flightlog too.

JJB* where do you see a 3 minute disconnection?
3-18 09:01
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 3-18 09:01
JJB* where do you see a 3 minute disconnection?

FRAP does lot of work for me.....  ;-)

Checked in the original CSV now manually

9:38:23.87 PM > 9:41:20.61 PM 9 (line 2246 and 2247)

cheers
HHV
3-18 09:11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ahhh thanks.
I had not been looking at those timestamps ( CUSTOM.updateTime [local] ), I was looking at OSD.flyTime and OSD.flytime which do not show a 3 minute gap. It is curious that those don't show such a disconnection.
Can you explain why the log itself, in its messages, mentions only 'short' duration disconnections, 26 seconds and 41 seconds ?

Also, why would the drone descend to 90m ? "next records drone is slowly descending to 90 meter...normal for a Mini4Pro."
3-18 10:00
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules