12Next >
10308 47 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
lvl.1

France

Hi,

I just took my first flight with a phantom 3 professional. I did all the needed updated and procedures beforehand. It all worked fine. I wanted to try a second flight a bit later, but was suddenly unable to start up the DJI GO app. I have no idea why. I deleted the app, redownloaded it and re installed it, but this made no diffence. I am on a tablet Samsung Galaxy with androi v4.4.2.

Any ideas?

Cheers

2015-9-12
Use props
fundyandroid
New

Canada

I had a similar problem when the View Camera View button did not appear so as to allow me to connect DJI Go to my P3 Advanced. The old DJI Pilot worked fine until I updated,
2015-9-12
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

My problem is that I do not even get dji GO started up at all!

Here is what I did: I deleted all dji related files using ES File Explorer on my tablet. I then downloaded the app again from the dji website and installed it. I was then able to start up the app normally again. I took out the P3 for a flight today (the app told me I needed to update the firmware, while I have all latest updates already on the P3 and RC, though). Anyway, after a nice flight, the P3 rotors were powered down, but the P3 and RC and tablet were left on. After maybe a minute or so, the dji GO app stopped working again, just like yesterday...

So, I did not solve the problem yet. (I do not want to keep on uninstalling the app and re-installing it after every flight, obviously).

Any suggestions
2015-9-13
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

Update
I got the advice to: 'Anytime you want to fly, Disable Google Play Services, Turn off WiFi, Go into Airplane Mode.'

So, I uninstalled the dji GO app again, reinstalled it, and turned off WiFi, went into Airplane Mode, but was unable to disable Google Play Services. GoogleLocationService and I believe PendingIntentCallBackService were started by some application on the tablet almost immediately after I had stopped those services.

I went ahead anyway, and was able to start up the dji GO app again, and took the P3 for its 3rd flight. But because a couple of rain drops started to fall out of the sky, I broke of the flight, the rotors were powered off, but I left the P3, RC and tablet on. This time the dji GO app stayed on! Hurray, I thought, and a couple of minutes later, when it was dry again, I started the 4th flight.

When there were approx. 5 minutes fly time left, the dji GO app stopped working again (message: "dji GO has stopped"), while I was able to keep on flying and land the P3. After that, I was not able to load the dji GO app anymore, just like before.

So, I'm not sure that I have really made any progress in solving the app problem, here...

Any ideas are welcome!
2015-9-13
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

Update
Without uninstalling and re-installing, I got the app to boot again. I simply deleted the flight record and the mp4-recording in the folder DJI --> dji.pilot --> 'DJI_RECORD'-map. (Note: because I deleted the two files at the same time, I do not know if both need to be deleted or just one of them, to be able to boot the dji GO app again).

In the dji GO app itself, I change the settings of the 'video cache' so that 'cache locally when recording' has been turned of. Hopefully, that'll prevent the mp4-version of the recording being made and saved on the tablet. As I think that this is somehow causing the problem: the cache becoming to full.

I'll give the P3 another try, to see if this indeed has solved the problem.
2015-9-13
Use props
tylerstock
lvl.1

Canada

that is the problem. you are running out of space. disable video cache , and clear video cache aswell.
2015-9-13
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

Another update.
I took the P3P for a flight after having done as described in the update above (and as also suggested by tylerstock, thanks!). After some time, the app again stopped working, while the P3P was still in the air. I landed it without a problem, and turned off the rotors.

This time, the app was not completely off, and -I think after I clicked away the popup message 'dji GO has stopped'- the app showed, but mostly in grey scales and with a 'disconnected'-message where normally the 'safe to fly'-message is shown.

Since I made the changes in the settings of the app, no mp4-file was recorded on the tablet and I am able to boot the app. Which is nice.

I've got the feeling that the problem that I experienced this time, might be a different problem..(?)
(Their are quite a lot complaints all over the internet about connectivity problem).

So, things are still far from how they should be. Any suggestions are welcome!
2015-9-13
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

Update (I hope the final one!).

I was able to turn off Google Play Services on my tablet after all, and this seems to be crucial, both in terms of -suddenly- very smooth display of the P3P camera feed and in terms of the app no longer crashing. I've got to say, next to turning off Google Play Services, I also followed the advice of turning off the tablet completely in between flights. That might have had an effect as well.

2015-9-14
Use props
Bittsandbobs
lvl.2

Croatia

info@lachassagn Posted at 2015-9-14 18:54
Update (I hope the final one!).

I was able to turn off Google Play Services on my tablet after all, ...

How did you manage to turn off Google Play?  I have the same problem and I'm trying to stop all Apps running in the background.....

Cheers,
Bitts
2015-9-14
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

Hello B&b,

I did this:
Settings > Applications > Application Manager > ALL (scroll right if needed to see this option) > Google Play Services > Disable.
A popup-window tells you something like: do you want to delete all info and turn off app? I chose to do that.
Then another popup-window appears telling you that: the applications will be replaced by the standard version.  It seems kind of weird to me, because I initially clicked on the "turn off" button, not the 'delete updates' . I choose to do that, anyway.

I then got the message that it could not do this, because of some security settings. You click on an obvious button when you get that message window, to get to the security-settings area. T.b.h., I'm not exactly sure what I did there, but I did make a change there, that made sense, after taking a good look. (Sorry I cannot be more specific... I have gone through quite a bit of testing and making changes the last couple of days, to get it to work right, and unfortunately, I do not remember everything I did anymore...).

What might also do the trick, is following these (detailed) instructions, to limit the number of background processes (to 1, I suppose? maybe none?): http://www.tomsguide.com/faq/id- ... android-device.html
(B.t.w., if, under systems in settings, you do not see 'developer options' on your device, you have got to go to 'device info' and then tap some 8x on the 'build number'. That sounds kind of silly, but that is what you have to do to get the 'developer options' to appear).

Good luck! Let me know if you've been able to work it out, and if so, maybe add to the instructions where they are a bit unclear.

Cheers.
2015-9-15
Use props
chrisnewton21
New

United States

I know you guys we talking about a samsung tablet but have had the identical problems with the iOS DJI GO app.  I use an iPad mini 2 wifi. I've deleted everything several times, unloaded and reloaded firmware versions 1.3.2 and 1.4.1 with no help. My DJI GO app just gives me a "how to connect". I cannot enter the camera view anymore. Any help for an iOS user? Thanks!
2015-9-15
Use props
GregL
New
Flight distance : 276 ft
United States

chrisnewton21@g Posted at 2015-9-15 19:38
I know you guys we talking about a samsung tablet but have had the identical problems with the iOS D ...

Same here but I'm on android. It was working but I was having the "signal error" so deleted it and reinstalled. Since I reinstalled the app, it no longer gets past the "How to Connect" box. Any ideas?
2015-9-15
Use props
chrisnewton21
New

United States

I'm stuck. After my initial upgrade of both the new GO app and the firmware 1.4.1 it worked for one flight before the app quit connecting to the aircraft. I deleted and reinstalled the app, it worked again for one flight and has again crapped the bed. Now, even if I delete and reload the app it just won't work. It won't work on my iPad mini 2, and two iPhone 6's. I can't figure out if the RC just isn't putting out a video signal from the RC USB port.
2015-9-15
Use props
l4point
lvl.1
United States

fundyandroid@gm Posted at 2015-9-13 12:34
I had a similar problem when the View Camera View button did not appear so as to allow me to connect ...

The app does not work for me at all.  First screen comes up, whatever you click takes you back to the first screen.
2015-9-16
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

Hmmm... yesterday, I had the dji GO app crash on me once in mid-flight.. I'm not sure why. I landed the P3P, and turned off the tablet completely. Re-started it, and the app, and flew without a problem. Also today, I've made several flights without any trouble with the app.
2015-9-18
Use props
merquades
New

United Kingdom

Did you try to record video? There is a problem with Android and recording video I think something to do with the local video cache. I had the problem where the app crashes and I uninstalled the app and deleted all the associated files and then reinstalled and it works OK but still crashes if I record video.
2015-9-20
Use props
pgil1724
New

United States

Having the same problem here. Any luck going further than the "Connect your Aircraft" screen?  I tried with IPhone 6+, Samsung S tablet, iPad mini 3... No success, still stuck on the How to connect/no camera button screen.
2015-9-20
Use props
EL SID
lvl.2

United States

pgil1724@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-20 08:16
Having the same problem here. Any luck going further than the "Connect your Aircraft" screen?  I tri ...

Invest $14.95 and buy the Litchi app in the Google play Store.
I did and it has cleared up a few issues I had.
2015-9-20
Use props
info
lvl.1

France

merquades Posted at 2015-9-20 10:03
Did you try to record video? There is a problem with Android and recording video I think something t ...

I always record video, but only the 4k mov-file on the P3P (miniSD) itself. I turned off the recording of the mp4-file on the local cache of the tablet as I figured it might result in additional lagging.
2015-9-21
Use props
DJI_Pope
lvl.1

United States

So did this thread just die?  No solutions?  I'm using a Samsun Galaxy Tab 2 and ever since the GO update 2.4.1 I cannot get past the splash screen before it says "Unfortunately, DJI go haS stopped"/// anyone help? send me a pm also thx
2015-11-24
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI_Pope Posted at 2015-11-24 20:07
So did this thread just die?  No solutions?  I'm using a Samsun Galaxy Tab 2 and ever since the GO u ...

Aloha Pope,

Would you believe I am now in the same boat as you?  I just cleaned up my Galaxy Tab Pro and will try again tomorrow.

Earlier, I tried my Galaxy S3 to see if that would work like it did before, but I got your screen, "Unfortunately, DJI Go has stopped."  BTW, what is a PM?  Personal Message?

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-28
Use props
Quax
lvl.1

Germany

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-28 12:38
Aloha Pope,

Would you believe I am now in the same boat as you?  I just cleaned up my Galaxy ...

Hi,

same for me. DJI Go shows the splash screen and freezes.
DJI GO 2.4.1 on a Samsung Galaxy Express GT-I8730 running Android 4.1.2.
Tried to disable Google Play Services and no change.
Any ideas? Workarounds?
Does it mean my phone ist incompatible?
2015-11-28
Use props
mrmanfl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226293 ft
United States

Quax Posted at 2015-11-28 14:16
Hi,

same for me. DJI Go shows the splash screen and freezes.

Add me to the list. Version 2.4.0 (Android) was fine but 2.4.1 just will not fully load . I posted about this last night on this forum and also on the PhantomPilots forum. I suggested on the DJI forum that they make previous versions of the Go App available for situations where updates don't work. I am searching for an official 2.4.0 version to reinstall so I can resurrect my P3.  
2015-11-28
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

mrmanfl Posted at 2015-11-28 10:08
Add me to the list. Version 2.4.0 (Android) was fine but 2.4.1 just will not fully load . I posted ...

Aloha mrmanfl,

Be sure to keep us in the loop.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-28
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI_Pope Posted at 2015-11-24 20:07
So did this thread just die?  No solutions?  I'm using a Samsun Galaxy Tab 2 and ever since the GO u ...

Aloha Pope, Quax and mrmanfl,

One thing to keep in mind is we are all using unsupported Android devices even though the Android OS we are using is supported (4.1.2 and above).  Unlike the nimble birds we fly, DJI is a juggernaut with thousands of employees, hundreds of which are working on software issues past, present and future.  A juggernaut is very hard to turn and takes much longer.  Putting it all together is not easy and some of us are falling between the cracks (but then we are also non-compliant).  The secret is perseverance.  We may think of it as a problem, but need to look at it as a learning experience.  When you eventually get in the air, you will know a lot more about your system than when you started and that knowledge will allow for much more fun in the long run.  But for now persevere.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-28
Use props
Quax
lvl.1

Germany

RE: DJI GO has stopped...

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-28 23:15
Aloha Pope, Quax and mrmanfl,

One thing to keep in mind is we are all using unsupported Andr ...

Hi Cetaman,

"... But for now persevere ..."
Any alternatives?

"... Aloha and Drone On! ..."
My P3P sits on the shelf - useless.

I made a reference in Dji go app problems.
2015-11-29
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Quax Posted at 2015-11-29 01:20
Hi Cetaman,

Aloha Quax,

The tablet I have is also non-compliant (Galaxy Tab Pro running Android 4.1.2).  As far as I can tell, I have to remove the old DJI Go 2.4.1 installation and start from scratch.  My P3P already has the FW 1.5.0030 installed since that was a separate process and created no problems.  My plan is to restart my Galaxy Tab Pro and reinstall the DJI Go app 2.4.1.  This time, I will be sure to not turn on the P3 until I reboot the Galaxy Tab Pro and the RC.  If the RC update is indicated, I will update it.  In my case, the RC update was downloaded but not installed (the problem).  Because of the problem, I am trying a process called a clean install.  Wish me luck!

When this is being done I have to be careful to not be around any functioning electrical devices, cell phones or large pieces of metal.

If you try this, be sure to look for anything odd happening and write it down on a notepad.  Do everything slowly because rushing always causes problems.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-29
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Quax Posted at 2015-11-29 01:20
Hi Cetaman,

Aloha Quax,

This will be translated into German at the end.  But read the English to get an idea first in case the German is not so good.

Ok, I was able to get my Galaxy Tab Pro to work all the way through and I had all the problems mentioned in every thread I have read.  Using all the tools mentioned in these threads, I was able to find a solution.  

What is your current situation?  How did you download your copy of DJI Go?  Are you able to disable or uninstall the non-essential apps on your Galaxy?  Do not worry so much about Google Play Services.  It does not play nice, so leave it alone.  If you have a friend who knows how to get rid of those extra apps that are stealing processor time, see if they can help you.  

Once you have a Galaxy as clean as you can get it, uninstall the DJI Go app and go to the DJI web site and download a fresh copy and install it.  If it asks if you want to replace the earlier copy, say yes.  It may also ask if you want the new parts or all new copy, say all new copy.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Galaxy, plug in the cable connecting your Galaxy to the Remote Controller and reboot after about 30 seconds.

Make sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection.  When the Galaxy is up and running, go into application manager again and close down all non-essential apps again.  Uninstall the apps you do not need for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Force Stop those you do not uninstall that are no needed for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Check if your Internet connection is working well.

When you are done, start the Remote Control.  Because it is linked with the USB cable to the Galaxy, it will ask you if you want to always start DJI Go when you start the Remote Controller.  Say yes.  The DJI Go app should load.  Do not start the P3.

Press "Enter Camera View" as soon as it appears.  The Flight Screen will appear.  Because you have a Galaxy, ignore instructions to load an update.  Go straight to the Flight Options icon in the upper right corner.  Open Flight Options.  The first page will have "About" at the bottom.  Open About.  At the very bottom will be a link to the DJI web site.  Go to the DJI web site.  Navigate to the downloads page.  Download another copy of DJI Go and install it.

Again,  if it asks to replace the earlier copy, say yes.  If it asks, you want the all new copy again.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Galaxy and restart.  When the Galaxy is up and running, start the Remote Control and follow the instructions this time.

Let me know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
**********************************************************************************
Aloha Quax,

OK, ich konnte mein Galaxy Tab Pro bis hin zu arbeiten und ich hatte alle Probleme erwähnt in allen Threads, die ich gelesen habe.  Mithilfe der Tools, die in diese Threads erwähnt war ich in der Lage, eine Lösung zu finden.  

Was ist Ihre aktuelle Situation?  Wie haben Sie Ihr Exemplar des DJI gehen heruntergeladen?  Können Sie deaktivieren oder deinstallieren Sie die nicht-essentielle apps auf Ihrem Galaxy?  Keine Sorge so viel über Google-Services zu spielen.  Es nicht schön zu spielen, also lassen es allein.  Wenn Sie einen Freund, der weiß haben, wie dieser zusätzlichen apps loswerden, die Prozessorzeit stehlen, sehen Sie, wenn sie Ihnen helfen können.  

Haben Sie eine Galaxie so sauber wie Sie es erhalten können, deinstallieren Sie die DJI gehen app und der DJI-Website gehen Sie und herunterladen Sie eine frische Kopie und installieren Sie es.  Wenn er fragt, ob Sie die frühere Version ersetzen möchten, sagen Sie ja.  Es kann auch Fragen, wenn Sie die neuen Teile oder alle neuen kopieren möchten, sagen alle neue Kopie.  Wenn es fertig ist wird Sie Fragen, wenn Sie es öffnen möchten oder sind Sie fertig.  Sagen Sie, dass Sie fertig sind.  Jetzt schließen Sie Ihren Galaxy, das Kabel Anschluss Ihres Galaxy an den Remote Controller anschließen und reboot nach ca. 30 Sekunden.  

Stellen Sie sicher, dass Sie eine solide-Internetverbindung verfügen.  Wenn die Galaxie ist und ausgeführt wird, gehen in der Anwendungs-Manager wieder und schließen Sie alle nicht-essentielle apps wieder.  Deinstallieren von apps, die Sie nicht, für Internet oder den Betrieb des Tabletts benötigen.  Kraft zu stoppen, die Sie deinstallieren Sie nicht, die sind erforderlich für Internet oder den Betrieb der Tafel Nr..  Überprüfen Sie, ob Ihre Internetverbindung gut funktioniert.  

Wenn Sie fertig sind, starten Sie die Fernbedienung.  Da es mit dem USB-Kabel die Galaxis verknüpft ist, wird Sie Fragen, wenn Sie immer beim Starten der Remote Controller starten DJI gehen möchten.  Sagen Sie ja.  Die DJI gehen app sollte geladen werden.  Die P3 nicht gestartet werden.  

Drücken Sie "Geben Sie Kamera-Ansicht", sobald es erscheint.  Der Flug-Bildschirm wird angezeigt.  Da Sie eine Galaxie haben, ignorieren Sie Anweisungen, um ein Update zu laden.  Gehen Sie direkt zu den Flug-Optionen-Symbol in der oberen rechten Ecke.  Offener Flug-Optionen.  Die erste Seite wird "Über" an der Unterseite haben.  Offen über.  Ganz unten wird ein Link zu der DJI-Website sein.  Gehen Sie zu der DJI-Website.  Navigieren Sie zu der Downloadseite.  Ein weiteres Exemplar des DJI gehen herunterladen und installieren.  

Wieder, wenn es Fragen zu ersetzen die frühere Kopie, sagen Sie ja.  Wenn es fragt, wollen die alle neue Kopie wieder.  Wenn es fertig ist wird Sie Fragen, wenn Sie es öffnen möchten oder sind Sie fertig.  Sagen Sie, dass Sie fertig sind.  Nun schließen Sie Ihre Galaxy und Neustart.  Wenn die Galaxie ist und ausgeführt wird, starten Sie die Fernbedienung und folgen Sie den Anweisungen dieses Mal.  

Lassen Sie mich wissen wie es geht.

Aloha und Drohne auf!

2015-11-30
Use props
DJI_Pope
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman, Quax and others... Although it is easy to jump on the bandwagon and say that our devices (in my case Samsung Galaxy Tab 2" are "not compatible" or "unsupported Android devices " ... I respectfully disagree!  When I go to Google Play page it plainly says "This app is compatible with your device" .

The undeniable fact remains that the app was working on my compatible device PRIOR to the 2.4.1 update.  Shouldn't we as customers demand that the GO app be designed to be as compatible or more compatible with EVERY update?  Again, the requirements listed on the GOOGLE PLAY site for DJI GO app says "Requires Android 4.1 or higher"... no more, no less... and that is what we have!!  I think the main problem here is that DJI is trying to put too much into the APP.  why cant the editing program portion of this huge app be segregated?  Why can't the ads we have been subject to (such as the Osmo) be eliminated from the app?  That new start-off splash picture of the bridge be eliminated to make the app more streamlined and less of a footprint?

Let's not forget we are the customers here.  DJI is not helping us but just hiding behind "your device is not compatible" with no other help>>?  Remember, I think it's up to DJI to design the app to work in the confines of the Android 4.1.   Google play needs to get involved realizing that the app is not working too.  Perhaps DJI should develop a more compatible app!

BTW.. I am a newbie at the forums and hope I posted it in the proper spot! Thanks4

Ohhhh P.S.   When we describe our "solutions" we should explain what TYPE of Phantom 3 we have... FYI I have a standard.  The solution offered by the previous writer seems to describe a process that refers to the Advanced or Pro Phantom 3.   
2015-11-30
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI_Pope Posted at 2015-11-29 22:31
Cetaman, Quax and others... Although it is easy to jump on the bandwagon and say that our devices (i ...

Aloha Pope,

Glad you are back!  I thought we lost you.  Even though you have the P3S and I have the P3P we both have the Galaxy Tab variations and Android 4.1 or better.  I was just as deep in brick-land as you this morning before I finally put it all together and now it all works like before.  The problem is probably related to specifics of the hardware we use for our Android devices.  The way around that is to stay in the DJI network as much as possible.  That way the DJI web site is able to communicate, monitor and assist in the process.  My problem always seemed like it was communication based.

I would email myself the link to the DJI downloads page to speed things up.  Bad move for me and lots of problems.  In my case, I was able to open up the "About" page in the flight options and go way down to the bottom to the DJI link.  Pressing the link got me into the web site and almost directly to the downloads page.  There I downloaded and reinstalled the DJI Go app and asked for all new in the installation (like in the comments above yours that were translated into German for Quax).  Follow those directions (above) and see if it works.  I got the 'Go has stopped' message on both my Androids, but this worked around it.  

In your case, you might use your Galaxy to get into the DJI web site and download and install the DJI Go app (with all new) and then try to start it when it asks if you want to open it (or done).  No need to start the P3.  Just stick with the RC and Galaxy.  You should be able to get to the Flight Screen and get to the "About" page (upper right icon).  Try to be sure that other apps are closed including the Internet connection you used to download the app.  The new DJI Go app you are using now needs to be written over with the "proper" installation.  Go down to the bottom of the About page and use the DJI link to get to the DJI web site.  The downloads page is almost immediate and offers to download the new DJI Go app.  The size of these different apps can be very different, but this one is the one that has all the communication you need to get your system working.  This is the second time this happened to me.  2.4.0 is the first time it worked like that - and we both use 2.4.0 and 2.4.1.  So what worked for me can work for you if you give it a shot.  What do you have to loose?

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-30
Use props
Quax
lvl.1

Germany

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-30 09:12
Aloha Quax,

This will be translated into German at the end.  But read the English to get an  ...

Thanks for you answer Cetaman!

"... go to the DJI web site and download a fresh copy and install it ...".

The one site i know is http://www.dji.com/product/goapp?www=v1 which leads me to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot.
Is this the download link you mean?
So i can use Google Playstore as well?
2015-11-30
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Quax Posted at 2015-11-30 11:58
Thanks for you answer Cetaman!

"... go to the DJI web site and download a fresh copy and install  ...

Aloha Quax,

OK, do not follow links!  That is part of the problem for Androids.  Use your Android to go to the DJI web site and open it up.  Then instead of going directly to downloads, go to the product page for the Phantom 3 Professional.  (This extra step gets you embedded deeper in the web site.)  Towards the bottom, to the left of the "BUY NOW" tab is downloads.  Open up downloads.  Download the Android version from "Get it on Google Play" and install it.  Restart the Android and then the RC.  DJI Go should open because the USB cable is connecting the RC to the Android.

This is the small version of DJI Go (50-60 MB) and it will not work properly unless you reinstall the larger version.  But, when you install the small version, you can get into the DJI Go app (what you need to do).  Then you immediately navigate to the "About" page as described above and at the bottom is the the DJI link to the DJI web site.  This is a special link to the larger version of DJI Go.  

Download the larger version (over 90 MB) and install it over the smaller version you are using.  If asked, press, "All New".  Install the app and open the new larger DJI Go app.  Once you get to the white page, shut down the Remote Control and then your Android.  Restart the Android after 30 or so seconds and let it boot up completely.  Be sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection again.  Then turn on the Remote Control and DJI Go should load automatically because of the USB cable linking it to the Android.  If not, allow this to happen (connect as a media device) and restart the Remote Control.

After the DJI Go app is loaded, press "enter camera view" and open the "Flight Status" page (top middle tab).  There it will say updates needed (top line).  Load the update (this updates the Remote Control).  When it is done, shut down the Remote Control and then the Android.  Then after about 30 seconds restart the Android.  When the Android is finished loading, start the Remote Control and when the DJI splash screen displays for the DJI Go app on the Android, start the P3.  Then Calibrate the Compass, IMU and Remote Controller Sticks.  Let me know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-30
Use props
Quax
lvl.1

Germany

Cetaman Posted at 2015-12-1 01:30
Aloha Quax,

OK, do not follow links!  That is part of the problem for Androids.  Use your An ...

Thanks for your hints Cetaman!

"... go to the product page for the Phantom 3 Professional" this is http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro right?

"... to the left of the "BUY NOW" tab is downloads" ok http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3-pro/info#downloads

"... Download the Android version from "Get it on Google Play"": http://m.dji.net/djipilot.
This morning it delivered a DJI-GI.apk sized 57,2 MB now a file sized 73,1 MB.
I uninstalled the previous app, purged the data, removed the DJI GO folder, installed the smaller one, bounced the Android, attached the RC via USB and turned it on.
The app started. It showed:

"Follow you favorite artists and friends" and another page "Apply soundtracks to videos of any length".
(Whatever this means)
I pressed return and have a guess:

DJI GO has stopped

"Aloha and Drone On!"
Drone still sitting on the shelf.

Update:
I tried the larger file (73,1 MB). Now the app starts!
And i'm lost. Apparently there is no manual for DJI GO.
Which is the "Flight Options icon"?
Where is the "About"-Button?

2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Quax Posted at 2015-12-1 10:23

"... go to the product page for the Phantom 3 Professional" this is ...

Aloha Quax,

Great news!  Hang on while I get a link for the manual and the path to the "About" tab.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Quax ,

You need to reinstall the DJI Go app on your Android.  There are two DJI Go versions, one small and one large.  You need to load the small one first to get to the large one.  The larger DJI Go app will be the one you will finally use.  

If you are already able to get to the Flight Screen and the Flight Options icon in the upper right corner (and the "About" page), your copy of the DJI Go app may be working well enough to skip the small version download and installation.  But if there are problems you might want to follow all of these instructions for Android.  In any case read all these instructions before you make any decision.

Another problem is there are so many apps in tablets and cell phones taking processor time and memory use from the DJI Go app.  You need to "Force Stop" apps that are not needed for Internet or operation of the Android.  If this is not easy for you find a friend who knows how to get rid of those extra apps that are stealing processor time and memory and see if they can help you.

OK, do not follow links!  That is part of the problem for Androids.  I would email myself the link to the DJI downloads page to speed things up.  Bad move for me and lots of problems - just like yours.  

Instead, use your Android to go to the DJI web site and open it up.  (Be sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection.)  Then instead of going directly to downloads, go to the product page for the Phantom 3 Professional.  (This extra step gets you embedded deeper in the web site.)  Towards the bottom, to the left of the "BUY NOW" tab is downloads.  Open up downloads.  Download the Android version from "Get it on Google Play" and install it.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Android, plug in the cable connecting your Android to the Remote Controller and reboot after about 30 seconds.
     This is the small version of DJI Go (50-60 MB) and it will not work properly unless you reinstall the larger version over it.  But, when you install the small version, you can get into the DJI Go app (what you need to do if "DJI Go Stopped!").  Then you immediately navigate to the "About" page, as described next, and at the bottom is the DJI link to the DJI web site.  This is a special link to the larger version of DJI Go.

To get to "About", press "Enter Camera View" as soon as it appears.  The Flight Screen will appear.  Because you have an Android, ignore instructions to load an update.  Close the Preflight Checklist if it opens.  Go straight to the Flight Options icon in the upper right corner.  Open Flight Options.  The first page will have "About" at the bottom.  Open About.  At the very bottom of the About page will be a link to the DJI web site.  Go to the DJI web site.  Navigate to the downloads page - it is easy.  Download another copy of DJI Go and install it.

This is the larger version (over 90 MB).  Install it over the smaller version you are using.  If it asks if you want to replace the earlier copy, say yes.  It may also ask if you want the new parts or all new copy, say all new copy.  When it is done it will ask you if you want to open it or are you done.  Say you are done.  Now close down your Android and restart after about 30 seconds.  

When the Android is up and running, start the Remote Control.  The cable connection should open the new larger DJI Go app.  Once you get to the white page, enter camera view.  Then shut down the Remote Control and then your Android.  After 30 or so seconds restart the Android and let it boot up completely.  Be sure you have a rock-solid Internet connection again.  When the Android is up and running, go into application manager again and close down all non-essential apps again.  Uninstall the apps you do not need for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Force Stop those you do not uninstall that are not needed for Internet or operation of the tablet.  Check again if your Internet connection is working well and use the close apps tab to the left of the wake-up button at the bottom.  Close all apps.  Then turn on the Remote Control and DJI Go should load automatically because of the USB cable linking it to the Android.  If it does not, allow this to happen (connect as a media device) and restart the Remote Control.  The DJI Go app should load.  Do not start the P3.

After the DJI Go app is loaded, press "enter camera view" and you should get to the Flight Screen.  Open the "Flight Status" page (top middle tab) this time.  There it will say updates needed (top line).  Load the update (this updates the Remote Control).  When it is done, shut down the Remote Control and then the Android.  Then after about 30 seconds restart the Android.  When the Android is finished loading and you have closed all unnecessary apps, start the Remote Control and when the DJI splash screen displays for the DJI Go app on the Android, start the P3.  

Everything should be working now.  If there should be any sort of problem at this stage, your system is still trying to complete linking between the 3 minicomputers (Android, Remote Controller and P3).  Shut down the P3 and then the Remote Control and wait for 30 seconds again, then restart the Remote Control and then the P3.  Continue this a few times until you figure out the problem or it works.  Next, Calibrate the Compass, IMU and Remote Controller Sticks.  Then FLY!  Let me know how it goes.

These instructions may change as DJI makes firmware improvements.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Quax,

This is the link for the manual;

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... er_Manual__V1.6.pdf

This is how you get to the "About" page.  Let me know what your version numbers are.

To get to "About", press "Enter Camera View" as soon as it appears.  The Flight Screen will appear.  Because you have an Android, ignore instructions to load an update.  Close the Preflight Checklist if it opens.  Go straight to the General Settings (Flight Options) icon in the upper right corner.  Open Flight Options.  The first page will have "About" at the bottom.  Open About.  At the very bottom of the About page will be a link to the DJI web site.  

If you decide to load the large DJI Go app (recommended) Go to the DJI web site.  Navigate to the downloads page - it is easy.  Download another copy of DJI Go and install it.

If you do reinstall the new larger DJI Go app from inside the DJI Go app you now have working, be sure to read my instructions below about Androids installing DJI Go.  You would only have to do the large installation since you already did the small installation.  If you would like the instructions for the second install in German, let me know.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-1
Use props
DJI_Pope
lvl.1

United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-30 19:30
Aloha Quax,

OK, do not follow links!  That is part of the problem for Androids.  Use your An ...

hi Cetman...I have solved my problem... the 2.4.1 ver of GO app as you I and hundreds of other users know... it raised havoc with certain previoulsly working devices.  So bad it was not even running beyond the splash screen.  As you recall I wrote [in my prior post of 11/30 # 29] that we should not have to be doing all this hocus pocus trying to find old versions of a program or smaller versions etc... It is obvious that the 2.4.1 App was defective and the latest UPDATE 2.4.2 fixed it!!  DJI support despite being contacted twice failed to offer any assistance nor did they even email me back that the 2.4.2 update would probablyl solve it.

No disrespect to you but again, are you sure that the scenario you posed as a solution was not just the fact that a new update became available at that time ~Dec 1st or just prior?  I did notice that the 2.4.2 update was only 97.3 mgb as opposed to the prior update which was over 107 mgb??  Why should anyone have to waste time looking to find an older version of the program to install?

I also extend my sympathy to all users who followed the POOR advice from DJi support that our device was not compatable... and went out and spend another few hundred bucks for a  new tablet/device when it was unnecessary.  Shame on DJI Support ... again... if something was working for months and then after a update it stopped working... what is the fault the "device" or the updated software??

My advice and one of my favorite quotes ... "QUESTION AUTHORITY"  

I hope you see my comments as constructive and friendly b/c you seem like a great person.! thanks
2015-12-1
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI_Pope Posted at 2015-12-1 21:50
hi Cetman...I have solved my problem... the 2.4.1 ver of GO app as you I and hundreds of other use ...

Aloha Pope,

Question Authority is a good way to live, and I do, but there is a lot to be said for understanding authority because it allows you to put the answer in context.  I am fortunate to live on an island with a very large population of Chinese, both old timers and recent arrivals.  At the same time, I fully recognize that DJI has become a very large corporation with a large global footprint.  They have a very large employee base and their growth is both their pride and joy as well as the bane of their existence.  Caution is not a buzzword, it is their way of life.  I want them to be cautious so I can keep flying and flying and flying.

This forum is the vanguard of customer and corporate interaction for DJI.  I appreciate that you recognize my efforts to help forum participants understand their predicament as they try to reconcile this fascinating technology with their real world.  There are real world limits to what even a large corporation like DJI can do for customer relations and these forums are very helpful in crossing communication bridges left unspoken as in your case.  You solved your problem; I solved my problem.  There was never a need to do any hocus pocus or get alternative versions, we just finally did the right things to make it work.  

Below is my summary of what non-compliant Android fliers need to know for present and future installations of the DJI Go app.  In the 2.4.0 release, your observation of different size installation files also occurred and was discussed in this forum.  What if the file size differences are for compliant and non-compliant devices.  If you have a compliant device, the file for your Android could be expected to be smaller because there are less variables.  Compare that with the space needed to address all the complexity in the hardware variety of numerous non-compliant Androids.  They even are able to tell our Androids apart.  Here DJI could be seen as trying to address our problems as non-compliant fliers and actually guiding us to solve our own problems in a Tiger-Mom kind of way.  But, for DJI to try to discuss this in a public arena such as this or the possibility of emails being leaked to the forum would be to throw caution to the wind.  Most likely, with all this rapid growth, they do not have enough employees for all the tasks you are asking them to take on.  Even the Technical Support Team on the forum is spread fairly thin.  

On to the summary I wrote for another thread.

If you have a non-compliant Android and you uninstall your old version of DJI Go, you have just created a ton of problems for yourself.  The new version of DJI Go has to be installed over the old version (easiest) or if you uninstalled the app, you will have to install a small, incomplete version of DJI Go that will not work (as in stopped) and will give you nothing but headaches, except it will get you to the "About" page - Heaven! - where you can download the large version of the app and install it over the app you are using.  Non-compliant Android users need to know about this.

Installing these new DJI Go apps (2.4.0 - on) is not easy for some of us.  With non-compliant Androids like mine, for the upgrade, you have to get into the DJI web site by going to the "About" page and scrolling to the bottom where the DJI link is.  That link is where the large version (90+ MB) of DJI Go is.  If you can get to the About page with a DJI app, it is usually because it is the previous version you are using or you managed somehow to install the small, incomplete one (60-70 MB).  In the case of non-compliant Androids again, getting to the About page is the most important process.

All the problems you read about for Androids in these threads is because the flier did not even know they had to get to the About page most of the time.  In trying to update my P3 system, I went through every problem reported on this forum about the install and saw them all fall by the wayside.  Some Android fliers with non-compliant devices went to the DJI link in About just because they knew it was there.  And boy, did they ever save themselves a ton of headache.

I finally got my system upgraded and it is working really well.  But, the babooze that I am, I forgot about the last upgrade with 2.4.0.  That is when I first discovered this process with using the About link.  Well, I will have you know, I WROTE IT DOWN THIS TIME!  Geez, getting old sucks.  But having P3s around really blows joy into the world again!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-12-2
Use props
mrmanfl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226293 ft
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-12-2 07:35
Aloha Pope,

Question Authority is a good way to live, and I do, but there is a lot to be sai ...

I am happy to report that the DJI update to version 2.4.2 resolved my problem. However, I too feel that DJI should be much more careful in software development. As previously stated by others who have posted, software is supposed to be written in a manner that is consistent with the specifications of the operating system.  They do not follow this line of thinking and seem to be concerned only about the three or four Android devices that they can confirm as compatible. If their applications are designed to be compatible with only those few phones/tablets, then that limitation should be prominently revealed in all advertising for P3's and all other model aircraft they sell.
2015-12-2
Use props
DJI_Pope
lvl.1

United States

mrmanfl ur so right..that has been my point in previous posts...I smell a "class action" here ...anyone interested?
2015-12-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules