Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI please give the X5 more compression options :)
822 6 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The X5 looks amazing.

It is like a cake that has been baked to near perfection, but instead of putting on good icing, the cake got a layer of the cheap stuff.

Please DJI give us some more options in terms of compression for this camera.  Any options will turn this new good camera into a great one.

Thank you.
2015-9-12
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

More compression options are nearly impossible due to encoding computation built into the chipset of the camera which most of the time can stay one format only, H.264 being format of this new camera. It's a technical limitation of currently available encoding hardware. What would be nice however is having choice for selecting higher bitrate, at least 80 Mbps. If DJI claims they really worked on compression algorithm and 60 Mbps does the camera justice I'd like to see some footage straight from the camera as proof. I really hope that X5 camera addresses compression issues and limitations of X3 but 60 Mbps being max bitrate makes me skeptical and I want DJI to prove me wrong.

It would be awesome If someone could upload some 4K files from this camera for all of us.
2015-9-12
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ge0se Posted at 2015-9-12 18:36
More compression options are nearly impossible due to encoding computation built into the chipset of ...

This makes little sense.

The X5 is a brand new unit. If they chose to hardware limit it, that's a bad design decision.
It's well understood that the X3's 60Mbps 4k video is bitstarved for professional work. DJI wants $1600 for the X5 without a lens... for that money 60Mbps, 8-bit 4:2:0 4k is pretty much unacceptable.
2015-9-12
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-9-13 08:36
This makes little sense.

The X5 is a brand new unit. If they chose to hardware limit it, that's a  ...

I'm curious if there are other options out there that sit within the power consumption constrains and affordable licensing options to keep the price within a range that we would be willing to pay for. It could be that DJI was limited by these factors and hardware they ended choosing was forced to stay within these specs. I'm not defending them, just trying to be objective as I know what it's like to put something complex together.
That being said they should try and push the tech to it's limits as much as they can just cause I said so
2015-9-12
Use props
Burlingtonfilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 108550 ft
  • >>>
Canada

SimplePanda Posted at 2015-9-12 20:36
This makes little sense.

The X5 is a brand new unit. If they chose to hardware limit it, that's a  ...

DJI-Dave mentioned in another thread that the higher ups are aware of it.  It is up to time now on whether or not they choose to do anything about it.
2015-9-17
Use props
rockliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 442743 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So why doesn't anyone from DJI join the discussion and talk!
2015-9-17
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

And also for the X3.

4K under 100 Mbps just does not work.

I know that the included Lexar SDs cannot handle 100 Mbps but this should not be the excuse for the bad quality.
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules