Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
dji go will not connect for phantom 3 advanced
13814 10 2015-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fundyandroid
New

Canada

Since I updated from DJI Pilot to DJI Go, the Open Camera View button does not appear, just the How To Connect button

I have sent 10 emails to DJI in the past three weeks but they have not responded. Their customer support team is very very bad

I  have an old device with DJI Pilot not updated and it still connects fine to my Phantom 3 Advanced using the same RC and USB cable. Unfortunately that old device has battery problems and a cracked screen

On both of two newish Nexus 5 phones (one is running Android 4 the other Android 5) which I have installed DJI Go on, this problem occurs. One worked fine before I updated from DJI Pilot to DJI Go, using the same RC and USB cable

I followed all the How To Connect instructions.

By the way, although it does not connect, the DJI Go app is consuming considerable data and battery power, if this is a clue to what is wrong.

So my new drone is basically grounded due to what appears to be a software bug at the DJI end which they have not fixed

Does anybody have any suggestions for how I can get flying again? Help!

2015-9-12
Use props
ron.ewart
lvl.1
United States

Same problem with Inspire 1, DJI GO, Android v2.1.0, firmware 1.4.0.10 working with Asus 10.  Have posted detailed problem on another thread; hope someone has the solution.  
2015-9-13
Use props
rsmalone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9455 ft
Netherlands

ron.ewart Posted at 2015-9-13 23:42
Same problem with Inspire 1, DJI GO, Android v2.1.0, firmware 1.4.0.10 working with Asus 10.  Have p ...

I also had the same issue this week after updating my phantom 3 advanced to the latest 1.4.0010 firmware.
I brought my phantom to the local hobby shop where I purchased it 3 months ago and they noticed that the USB port on the transmitter was faulty. They swapped the board with a board of another transmitter they had there for testing purposes and the connection with my Samsung S5 mobile phone (and DJI Go app) was working fine again.

They informed me that this is probably covered by warranty but they have to send the transmitter to DJI for repair and that it would take at least 8 to 10 weeks before I have my Phantom back.
They also offered me another option to upgrade the board to the new version with HDMI output for 129 euros.

Because they did not have the new version of the board in stock at that moment, I decided to take the drone back with me and order it somewhere else for a better price.

Expected delivery of the board is somewhere in october.

2015-9-19
Use props
EsteeNJ
New

United States

rsmalone@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-19 05:49
I also had the same issue this week after updating my phantom 3 advanced to the latest 1.4.0010 fi ...

I'm having the same issue.  P3P, DJI GO Android v2.2.0, firmware 1.4.0.10 on Samsung Galaxy Edge S6, Samsung Galaxy Tab A, and HTC One m7.  This is the 2nd P3P I've owned (the last one being on v1.4 also) and the 1st P3P worked on all 3 devices.  
2015-9-21
Use props
EsteeNJ
New

United States

Ok so my issue was user error but DJI isn't very clear in their logs either.. I should have known better though.

I got my new bird, threw firmware v1.4 on a card, updated my bird, updated my remote. Log files said success for the bird and latest firmware/same version already installed for the RC.

What really happened was the bird updated successfully while the RC did not, because RCs dont use v1.4. Log file was a bit confusing in this regard saying the firmware on the card was the same as the firmware on the RC (in reality the card had v1.4 and the RC current firmware was 1.1.9).

The fact that the RC and batteries didn't need the v1.4 update on my 1st P3P dawned on me and lo and behold i loaded up firmware 1.3.2 onto my card, updated the remote and battery (to firmware 1.3.2), and my unit has been fully operational across all 3 of my devices ever since.

So there you have it people. P3P gets v1.4, RC and batteries get v1.3.2. I think a lot of folks are having this issue and while DJI has the following message on its website I don't think its written clearly enough.

DJI website - download page: "The All-in-One firmware v1.4.0010 does not include remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using the firmware that older than v1.3.20 to update the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft."

I purchased my 2nd P3P 1 week ago today and didn't think the firmware would be so out of date that it was 4 versions behind. Is there even a way to check what version firmware is on the bird and RC without being able to connect a mobile device?

Hope this helps some folks.
2015-9-23
Use props
jake
New

Canada

EsteeNJ Posted at 2015-9-23 17:07
Ok so my issue was user error  but DJI isn't very clear in their logs either.. I should have known ...

That's incredibly helpful, thanks.

DJI's "note" does not address at all the actions that need to be taken.  It just says you should be on at least firmware 1.3.2 before updating.  It does not say that the remote needs to be updated separately using this firmware, in fact their documentation goes as far as saying you should leave the newest firmware on the SD card at all times.  
2015-9-27
Use props
GQ.
lvl.4

Canada

Same problem here. Cannot connect to P3 Advance. Only with Pro so there is no camera view or control because I use Advance and the app does not seems to recognizes it. Very strange. I use iPad 2 with Os8.4.1. and I Pad3 Os 9.0 and the problem is still the same.
I can fly yes but without a camera in operation.
2015-9-28
Use props
Daninho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70203 ft

Any solutions to this problem? My ipad air2 and iphone6 is not recognizing the controller anymore, i only get the how to connect screen all the time when i open the app
2016-3-8
Use props
hanzelmiranda
New

United States

I think this is an issue with the USB module. Bad quality. They have an upgrade to the HDMI board but I don't see the USB Only Module.
2016-3-17
Use props
andrewa
lvl.1

United States

make sure all of the wires are connected from the phantom to the top part of the camera module
2016-3-18
Use props
tsuru88
lvl.1

United States

andrewa Posted at 2016-3-18 05:23
make sure all of the wires are connected from the phantom to the top part of the camera module

Seems I have to repeat.  FIRST, nothing to do with any drone, remote control, whatever. My phone (Samsung Note 4 or my Samsung S4 Galaxy) does not have the option for "Camera" for my Phantom 3 Pro drone.  It only shows up for the Inspire drone!!!!!

So regardless if any wire is anywhere on anything on this planet, it has nothing to do with the problem.  I flew it just fine.  Landed it. With it sitting right there on the ground, not moved, I decided to install the app on my Note 4, as had been only on my Galaxy S4 phone, and it flew PERFECTLY FINE one moment prior.

When I did that, I now have lost everything.  The drone was sitting right there, not moved, the whole time, so no wires came loose.  Both of my phones now do not see "Camera" icon to launch the app when I go to Phantom 3 Pro.  Both phones ONLY, ONLY see the Camera icon for INSPIRE, NOT PHANTOM!!!!!!

Not sure how to say it any clearer.  Keep posting the same information.  I've checked everything I can find on the internet on this after googling it.  Have updated the firmware on the drone and the remote.

And, please remember as I said, the phantom flew flawlessly and without incident up until the moment I landed it and shut down the props, taking out my Note 4 phone and downloading and installing the app on that.
2016-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules