Avata 2 vs Mavic 3 Pro
1517 21 4-13 03:02
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

I'm currently deciding if I should get a DJI Avata 2 because I've never owned an FPV drone before, or if I should get a Mavic 3 Pro which I've waited almost 1 year for.
Single SelectVote, Total 20 people participate in voting

Distance end of: 339 Day7 Hour42 Min

Your user group with no voting privileges
4-13 03:02
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

This poll has 0 sense. Those models have completely different purposes.

Do you work in big audiovisual productions? If not I consider the Mavic 3 Pro a very bad choice, because you are going to spend a big quantity for getting a product that exceeds your needs.
4-13 05:53
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fozando Posted at 4-13 05:53
This poll has 0 sense. Those models has completely different purposes.

Do you work in big audiovisual productions? If not I consider the Mavic 3 Pro a very bad choice, because you are going to spend a big quantity for getting a product that exceeds your needs.

Agreed. For the "fun" factor, definitely the Avata 2. For better quality pics and video the Mavic 3 Pro is for you.
I voted Avata 2 because I've had the Mavic 3 since 2021 and I'm sitting here eagerly awaiting my Avata 2 to get fully charged.
4-13 06:02
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

We're all just guessing on intent.  Here's what I thought:  if you could only own one and prohibited from owning the other, which?  i chose Mavic 3 Pro.
4-13 17:58
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No option for both.
4-13 23:29
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 4-13 17:58
We're all just guessing on intent.  Here's what I thought:  if you could only own one and prohibited from owning the other, which?  i chose Mavic 3 Pro.

It's not that I am prohibited from buying both. I'm trying to save my cash for the Mini 5 Pro which might have "All-New Water Avoidance" features. Anyway, thanks for your choice.
4-14 00:15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, USER001. I hope you get the best recommendation. You can also utilize the "Consumer Drones Comparison" on the DJI official website to help you decide. Here is the link: https://www.dji.com/products/comparison-consumer-drones. Have a great day ahead.
4-14 00:40
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I used to Have a Mavic 3 and now own a Mini 4 pro + Avata and carry them both as they are different beasts - The Mavic 3 is the best flyer hand down for me, it has the best fly times and the best signal perception even in CE countries where I live, the camera is also outstanding! While Avata (Avata 2) is a short-range - tight places drone - So they are Complementary Not Replacements for each other! So You should have them both, Or if You can't afford it - go to my scenario - Mini 4 (sort of Mavic replacement ;) But C0!) And Avata 2 (I am waiting my local dealer to stock one )
4-14 00:48
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

The choice should be Avata 2, Air 3, or Mini 4 Pro.  The Mavic 3 Pro is a great bird but you can buy both the Avata 2 & Air 3 FlyMores for about the same.  An Avata 2 & Mini 4 FlyMore Plus for even less.
4-15 06:35
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-15 06:35
The choice should be Avata 2, Air 3, or Mini 4 Pro.  The Mavic 3 Pro is a great bird but you can buy both the Avata 2 & Air 3 FlyMores for about the same.  An Avata 2 & Mini 4 FlyMore Plus for even less.

But I already have Mini 4 Pro.
4-15 07:50
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Then save your money or get an Air 3.  The Mavic 3 Pro Flymore with 2-year DJI Care is $3398.

An Air 3 FlyMore (DJI RC2), Avata 2 FlyMore (3-battery), with 2-year DJI Care for both is $3036.

Another plus is the Goggles 3/MC3 will work with the Avata 2, Air 3, & Mini 4 Pro.

Plus #2 is you can use the regular RC (RC-N2 or RC2) with the Goggles 3 & your Air 3 or Mini 4 Pro.
4-15 08:00
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-15 08:00
Then save your money or get an Air 3.  The Mavic 3 Pro Flymore with 2-year DJI Care is $3398.

An Air 3 FlyMore (DJI RC2), Avata 2 FlyMore (3-battery), with 2-year DJI Care for both is $3036.

What about the Avata 2?
4-15 10:32
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

USER001 Posted at 4-15 10:32
What about the Avata 2?

From your posts over the past few weeks I thought you had already decided to get an Avata 2?  If you enjoy FPV go for it.  You already have a Mini 4 Pro so you already have a portable Mavic 3 of sorts.  

4-15 11:00
Use props
Funn 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168999 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the M4P last year on launch day, For the last 10 years all i ever flew were camera drones, and then about a month later I purchased the Avata 1., Never flew the. M4P again, and ended up selling  the M4P because I was not using it.  Avata was much more fun to fly. And now.....  I ended up buying the Avata 2 on Launch day! Just Love it! Miles of Smiles
4-15 11:11
Use props
Fozando
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682438 ft
Spain

Funn 1 Posted at 4-15 11:11
I purchased the M4P last year on launch day, For the last 10 years all i ever flew were camera drones, and then about a month later I purchased the Avata 1., Never flew the. M4P again, and ended up selling  the M4P because I was not using it.  Avata was much more fun to fly. And now.....  I ended up buying the Avata 2 on Launch day! Just Love it! Miles of Smiles

An FPV drone is always much funnier to fly than an stabilized one, but both has their pros and cons according to your needs.
4-15 12:12
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 4-15 11:00
From your posts over the past few weeks I thought you had already decided to get an Avata 2?  If you enjoy FPV go for it.  You already have a Mini 4 Pro so you already have a portable Mavic 3 of sorts.

I have decided. The poll showed that there was more or less an equal number of people voting for Avata 2 and Mavic 3 Pro, so I just decided to go for the Avata 2 because I've never owned an FPV drone before. I've only done it in the simulators and it seemed really fun.
4-16 01:29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Like we discussed before. Apples and oranges.
4-16 10:00
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-16 01:29
I have decided. The poll showed that there was more or less an equal number of people voting for Avata 2 and Mavic 3 Pro, so I just decided to go for the Avata 2 because I've never owned an FPV drone before. I've only done it in the simulators and it seemed really fun.

So, what you say is that this poll really helped you and the deciding factor, was because of the 50/50 end result...

Impressive...
4-16 14:44
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-16 14:44
So, what you say is that this poll really helped you and the deciding factor, was because of the 50/50 end result...

Impressive...

No. Won't you ever understand anything? The poll got a 50/50 result so I put my own opinion in and got an Avata 2. By the way, I have good news for the whole Forum: My Avata 2 arrived!
4-17 00:19
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-17 00:19
No. Won't you ever understand anything? The poll got a 50/50 result so I put my own opinion in and got an Avata 2. By the way, I have good news for the whole Forum: My Avata 2 arrived!

oohhhh... I see...

So it was your opinion the deciding factor, not the 50/50 result of the poll...

You see, I thought that because of the 50/50 poll results, you would have to use your own opinion, so I posted the one above, asking if the 50/50 poll result actually did help...

Are you with me???

Now, on your holiday in Italy, where did you go?
4-17 14:48
Use props
USER001
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Burt37 Posted at 4-17 14:48
oohhhh... I see...

So it was your opinion the deciding factor, not the 50/50 result of the poll...

No, the poll did not help me choose. If more people chose Mavic 3 Pro, then I would have gotten that one, but since it was a 50vs50 result, I put my own opinion in. Only now someone added an extra vote for the Mavic 3 Pro, but it was too late. I already ordered the Avata 2.

And thanks for asking me on my holiday. I went to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum (which had absolutely no similarity to the DJI Forum), the Trevi Fountain, the Vittoriano and a few other places. If you check some of my threads, you'll see some more places I went to.
4-18 07:37
Use props
Burt37
Second Officer
Australia

USER001 Posted at 4-18 07:37
No, the poll did not help me choose. If more people chose Mavic 3 Pro, then I would have gotten that one, but since it was a 50vs50 result, I put my own opinion in. Only now someone added an extra vote for the Mavic 3 Pro, but it was too late. I already ordered the Avata 2.

And thanks for asking me on my holiday. I went to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum (which had absolutely no similarity to the DJI Forum), the Trevi Fountain, the Vittoriano and a few other places. If you check some of my threads, you'll see some more places I went to.

That's great...

Any picture of Roma with you in it???

You know, those picture that normally tourist do take...

And did you get the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 out of fountain? Did you find it hard to walk on the floor of the fountain?

Gosh... There are so many things that I would like to ask you...
4-18 14:28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules