Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi ..

Anyone can teach me to hand launch on the boat... I will be alone ...

Will I have some compass issue if I take off from a yatch ?

Thanks  
2015-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Personally, I don't hand launch, catch/release.

But there are plenty of videos that explain it in detail, and safe operation.

RedHotPoker

2015-9-13
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

Personally, i would do a compass dance on shore first if you haven't flown in the area previously.

If you are going to be alone, i would not recommend hand launching or catching although i HAVE seen it done Sector.  My recommendation would be to set the P3 on the deck of the boat (or another flat surface) and take off from there.  Land it the same way if possible.

If you have a lanyard or harness for your RC then the hand catch isn't so difficult, but be advised that if the P3 tips towards your arm when you are in the process of killing the motors it will most likely bite you.  As for launch i'm guessing most people use the auto take off button while holding the drone upright but i've never tried it.
2015-9-15
Use props
Stealth...
lvl.2

Netherlands

I've done lift-off and hand-catching due to lack off flat surface while flying in the mountains. It was scary the first two times though. Used my right hand to catch the bird as high as possible at the landing gear close to the arm of the Phantom. In your case I would first practise this several times and take care, the surface off an unstable boat is tricky.
2015-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules