Radio channel Quality poor???
3527 9 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
luckjo7
lvl.1

United States

Hello. I have a question about radio channl quality.

I always do the compass calibration before every flight and I updated the latest firmware succssfully on both dji go app and aircraft

When I tried to fly drone outside, I always got this warrning " Poor radio channel quality" on the screen but when I checked the bars, it was also full signal.

What should I do?? Please help me
IMG_2637.PNG
IMG_2638.PNG
IMG_2637.PNG
IMG_2638.PNG
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What firmware do you have on your aircraft?
2015-9-14
Use props
luckjo7
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-14 03:11
What firmware do you have on your aircraft?

I updated newest version 1.4.001 on aircraft, which was released on sep 7
my controller is 1.3.2
DJI go app 2.2

I updated everything successfully but I dont know why I get this warning message.
I tried to fly my p3p outside, but the result was same.
Please help me to solve this issue. Thank you Tim
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

luckjo7@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-14 17:30
I updated newest version 1.4.001 on aircraft, which was released on sep 7
my controller is 1.3.2
D ...

is your device in airplane mode? if not try and see if it makes any difference
2015-9-14
Use props
luckjo7
lvl.1

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 04:49
is your device in airplane mode? if not try and see if it makes any difference

my smart phone was "DO NOT DISTURB" mode.. Do I have to use "AIRPLANE MODE" ?

Before I fly drone, I killed operating app and use "Do not disturb" mode and do compass calibration..

Thank you ray
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

luckjo7@gmail.c Posted at 2015-9-14 18:07
my smart phone was "DO NOT DISTURB" mode.. Do I have to use "AIRPLANE MODE" ?

Before I fly drone ...

yes use the airplane mode, to see if that makes a difference. do not disturb does not shut down wifi, bluetooth etc that may be  interfering
2015-9-14
Use props
alirz1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

Wouldnt airplane mode turn the GPS off the phone!!
2015-9-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

alirz1 Posted at 2015-9-15 06:18
Wouldnt airplane mode turn the GPS off the phone!!

No, because GPS is a receive only function. It does not transmit.
2015-9-14
Use props
nicholascurtis3
lvl.1

United States

I am having the exact same issue when I use my iPad mini 2 (wifi-only model) even when I have it in airplane mode, which it always is since I use it only for my P3A. I am flying it out in the middle of a cornfield with no wires or towers within 5 miles of me.
I'm also seeing a stuttering video stream while flying as well.

Any idea on this? Is this a firmware issue that would potentially get resolved in the upcoming update?

2015-9-30
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

In firmware update 1.410, DJI has added an initial check for radio interference and alerts you to check your settings if it senses high interference within the spectrum. The radio settings and signal graph are located in the GO App under HD Video Link Signal Strength .

The RC has two setting -> AUTO & CUSTOM. With AUTO, the RC selects the channel it thinks is best/optimum.  You may also select CUSTOM and select your own channel. Channels with interference have a tall red bar in the graph. Stable channels are green and show no bar at all. In my area in the US, channel 20 has no interference at all, so I select this channel under CUSTOM and get excellent and stable performance.

The 8 channels that are available for our use can also be used by wireless routers and repeaters, so depending on where you live and fly, you can get significant interference. Our RC defaults to automatic channel selection from channels 13 to 20, and can change channels if significant interference is detected during flight.

DJI Lightbridge uses radio channels which are within the ISM bands to transmit video back to the RC. The P3 has antennas in the landing gear that communicate with the RC on 2.400 GHz - 2.483 GHz. DJI initially implemented 32 channels within this band but later discovered that only 8 channels (13 -> 20) were legally available. The other frequencies are in used by ham radio, satellite comm,  or are used by wireless carriers in various countries. Sploodge offered a hack to enable custom selection of the original 32 channels here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=44480
Use at your own discretion! See this spreadsheet for detailed channel specifications. https://docs.google.com/spreadsh ... li=1#gid=1477125990

2015-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules