12Next >
3404 45 2015-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
memelivorno
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287474 ft
Italy

There are absolutely no reasons to have a different layout in DJI GO App for android compared to IOS. We would like to have both maps and compass shown at the same time like on IOS version, this is a safety need! Please update as soon as possible. Thanks
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

i have ios 6+ and i dont have both at the same time! it may be a screen size issue??
2015-9-13
Use props
memelivorno
lvl.4
Italy

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 09:15
i have ios 6+ and i dont have both at the same time! it may be a screen size issue??

On Android even on a 10 inches tablet are not shown at the same time. You can have OR compass OR map on left bottom side. In the IOS picture I've seen there is the map in the bottom right and the compass in the bottom left corner
2015-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The more I hear about Android short comings,...
I can't even imagine trying to fly, without all three, Camera View~Map & Compass, having their place on the screen.
I use them all, sometimes simultaneously.
Being Left Handed, am also ambidextrous.
The camera controls as well.

iOS all the way... ;-)
Then You know, it's the whole complete package. Out of the Box hahaha

RedHotPoker
2015-9-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll transfer it to our RD,  as a Android User i totally agree with you
2015-9-13
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-14 09:37
I can't even imagine trying to fly, without all thr ...

I fly very well with android, it gives me what i need and my device don't become hot and don't need to be cooled by some ice pack or a fan behind the tablet\phone . Except for this nosense different layout android DJI GO works very very well and plus has 3 different coinfig available for gimbal behaviour that IOS version don't have. Anyway this thread would not be a contest Android Vs IOS, actual Android HW has more than enough power to show both with 6mbit video feed.

PS: I have also litchi app that has both simultaneously in the layout but i would like to have it on the DJI GO application too.
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-14 15:37
I can't even imagine trying to fly, without all thr ...

100% agree, ios all the way. and i have used androids, all models types and gender.
apple is the way but u droiders just want to be hard headed and argue that it should work fine, and that i can kill all the apps and fine tune it and put an ice pack and an ac system on it, etc etc etc.
god bless u droiders, good bless u.
Edited for content.  TE
2015-9-13
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-14 09:44
Thanks for your suggestions, I'll transfer it to our RD,  as a Android User i totally agree with you

Thank you very much!
2015-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Good call, eventually it will perhaps come...
After all, All you needed to do was request it nicely. ;-)

I'm quite new to the DJI Phantom world. Finding it all rather brilliant already.
& can't imagine them having too much more, for advantageous features and helpful parameters.
Perhaps having  some digital zoom capability, and a bit of pan ability with the motorized gimble.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-13
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-14 15:58
Good call, eventually it will perhaps come...
After all, All you needed to do was request it nicely ...

next will be obstacle avoidance, FOR SURE
2015-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 01:54
100% agree, ios all the way. and i have used androids, all models types and gender.
apple is the w ...

A better Place ice on the Feng Fu spot at the back of your head,
where it joins the spine, that little hollow soft spot.
The method consists of the following: a man lies on his stomach (or sits) and some ice (approximately 2 × 2 cm)  is put on the Feng  Fu point (the hole in the back of the head), and hold it for 20 minutes. The ice can be fixed with a bandage, a scarf, etc.

Do it regularly with a 2-3 day breaks, on an empty stomach in the morning and at night, before going to bed. A cold is impossible to occur during this procedure.

You may feel a sense of cold at the beginning, but after 30-40 seconds, you will feel an influx of heat from the point of the action. The first few days You will have a feeling of euphoria in the first few days due to the release of endorphins into the bloodstream.

A calm healthy Phantom 3  Pilot is a happy Pilot...

RedHotPoker
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-14 16:09
where it joins the spine, that l ...

red, huh??
2015-9-14
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 10:01
next will be obstacle avoidance, FOR SURE

Sorry, misunderstanding
2015-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

The only advantage I can tell to utilizing an android device, is the lower cost.
My ice drama? Just saying...it was insinuated iOS devices needed an ice pack to cool down.
iPad Air 2 64 GB Cellular here, never even get's warm, after 4 intelligent flight batteries.
So no, There is never a need for ice in my Phantom 3 Flight Kit. Only for my neck & drinks. ;-)

When the iPad Air 3 Cellular eventually gets released, I will be all over it...

RedHotPoker
2015-9-14
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Flight sim on the droid would be nice also.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-14 16:17
Hey man, stay on yours. Don't become confident with me and don't say stupid things like this that  ...

hold your horses there, confident with you? you are translating italian into english so i can see how you may have mistaken humor for being offensive. as far as stupid, can u explain to me what is so stupid about saying that the next big thing on p4 maybe, will be an obstacle avoidance system?
and how do u know no one laughs.
so get off your high horse and relax, or even better avoid forums if you dont have the mental aptitude or patience or humor.
2015-9-14
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 10:22
hold your horses there, confident with you? you are translating italian into english so i can see  ...

Sorry i understand like "the next request will be obstacle avoidance". I read not correctly  that message but this happens because you began the conversation saying knuckleheads to android users with no reasons because first you don't know what are you talking about (and who) and second is off topic.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-14 16:29
Sorry i intend "the next request will be obstacle avoidance". I read not correctly  that message b ...

ok, this is a language barrier. no problem.
knuckleheads is a endearing term with a friend, nothing offensive is meant by it. dont trust the dictionary too much.
the whole post is just telling what is in my opinion the way to go as far as devices, its just an opinion.
and it is meant to be in a light hearted way. no need to be too serious. a smile goes a long way in life, my friend.
2015-9-14
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 10:33
ok, this is a language barrier. no problem.
knuckleheads is a endearing term with a friend, nothing ...

no problems reyrokni, just a misunderstanding, sometimes happens (i try to be as much correct as possible in english but is not always so easy). I agree with you about the next Phantom feature probably will be obstacle avoidance like the DJI Matrix, but coming back in topic is it real that on iphone 6+ version of DJI GO app the compass is not shown at the same time with the map? I've seen DJI GO running only on IPad
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-14 16:39
no problems reyrokni, just a misunderstanding, sometimes happens (i try to be as much c ...

correct i use 6+ and the map and what i call the "radar" looking circle are not displayed at same time.
i toggle between them. i believe on the ipads they are simultaneously shown
2015-9-14
Use props
StevenQX
lvl.4
Italy

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 10:42
correct i use 6+ and the map and what i call the "radar" looking circle are not displayed at same  ...

Yes i'm talking about the radar right, i use a lot it to be sure to come in homepoint direction when i come back from quiet far distances and before to take off to check if the compass of my device is correctly calibrated.
Map is useful too so is a difficult choice during flight to have one of the two. In Litchi application that i've run for a long time even with my p2v+ that i had (and now with P3) there are both and works very well also on my note 4 that has a screen as big as iphone 6+.

I think that there is enough space to show both even on big screen phones.
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

StevenQX Posted at 2015-9-14 16:50
Yes i'm talking about the radar right, i use a lot it to be sure to come in homepoint direction wh ...

thats exactly what i use it for, if i am coming from afar then i toggle between map and radar.
i was hoping there could be a way on 6+ because i think the screen is big enough
2015-9-14
Use props
Flyhigh7887
lvl.3

Sweden

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 10:53
thats exactly what i use it for, if i am coming from afar then i toggle between map and radar.
i w ...

welllllllllllllll, if you would like to get über picky about it....

you can display the map and the radar bubble at the same time on the iPhone 6+

you just lose the camera feed.
2015-9-14
Use props
wtrskinut1
lvl.2

United States

Am I missing something. On android in the map there is a red triangle that points the direction of the bird. This serves the same purpose as the compass correct?
2015-9-14
Use props
Joe Blow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 417149 ft

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-14 03:15

Ray, go with an iPad Mini or iPad and you will see both on the screen.  Its a feature I like!
2015-9-14
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Joe Blow Posted at 2015-9-14 20:24
Ray, go with an iPad Mini or iPad and you will see both on the screen.  Its a feature I like!

yea im waiting for the pro to come out so the prices of the air2 will drop, so i can buy the PRO. LOL
2015-9-14
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I use an ipad mini 3 (just ordered a mini 4). Not only do I utilize the radar and the map, I also have the histogram displayed to make sure I am getting a proper exposure.
2015-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Doesn't really matter what you use If you fly, as long as you Are flying...
But I would rather use a device that is more than capable of doing the job well, and does it with a cool head on.
It will definitely be a big day for me, when the Apple iPad Air 3 Cellular, is available to purchase... ;-)

As Tim Allen would have said, "Man we need More Power" and I agree.
& Trying to get everything working together, shouldn't be a puzzle or mystery either. Only a pleasant experience.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-14
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

strange this pro this pro that turn my ANDROID device on a little tweak here and there works a treat minimal lag no heat seams compairable with ipad air 2 hope to find out  shortly with an ipad air 2 purchase.OH YEAH using galaxy tab s 10.5 just in case any ones interested
2015-9-14
Use props
arives
lvl.4
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-14 16:18
The only advantage I can tell to utilizing an android device, is the lower cost.
My ice drama? Just  ...

Here is another reason to use Android - Every time I open up the Tab I get a lollipop.
2015-9-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

That sucks? Hahaha
Please Give it a lick for me. ;-P

RedHotPoker
2015-9-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

You guys know nothing. Some of us Android users (I have both Android and IOS) have been flying advanced modes for 6-8 months now (P2 and P3). GS missions, POI and Follow-me. Not without headaches but much more than you could ever do with an IOS device. We're breaking and making all of the rules and you're just benefiting from it. All the SDK stuff was Android, none for IOS (Auto Pilot has been trying). Litchi and Ultimate Flight gave you the ability for advanced flight modes. DJI just gave them a limited space to have at it. But you keep pounding your over-priced, over-hyped IOS devices. You're the cool guys.

Jerry
2015-9-22
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

No heat, no lag, no crashes, cache is turned on and Google play is running. No sim, (could care less) don't care about compass cause I have a real time map with a line collecting me back to home point. I have 2 tablets and a phone that all work flawlessly and were about as cheap as 1 cr'apple. I see no losers in the Android world. ;)
2015-9-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

jimcloud74@yaho Posted at 2015-9-22 23:21
No heat, no lag, no crashes, cache is turned on and Google play is running. No sim, (could care less ...

You just ain't "cool" Jim. Fly away!

Jerry
2015-9-22
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

I hope the next version of the GO app for iOS has that new camera feature the Android version does (camera tilt smoothing?)....
2015-9-22
Use props
dji.blitzk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1752986 ft
  • >>>
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-9-22 22:37
You guys know nothing. Some of us Android users (I have both Android and IOS) have been flying advan ...

I'm 100% an android fan (I'm on about my 15th android phone... Galaxy s6).. However I went and bought an iOS device just for my P3P.  I've been flying R/C and FPV stuff for many many years (blackwidow a/v, early eagletree...).  The iOS devices for the phantom, from what I've seen, just work better.  Admittedly though, I have not used the very high end Android devices on my P3.

Anyways... I'm confused by your comments.  Do you want us to give you a metal or an award or something for all of this hard work you've done?   
2015-9-22
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
United States

dji.blitzk Posted at 2015-9-22 23:49
I'm 100% an android fan (I'm on about my 15th android phone... Galaxy s6).. However I went and bou ...

No medal. Just showing some support for all of the Android users that risked their birds and spent many hours helping to refine all of the advanced modes that everyone is flying now.

Jerry
2015-9-23
Use props
draadkar
lvl.3

Nigeria

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2015-9-14 21:26
strange this pro this pro that turn my ANDROID device on a little tweak here and there works a treat ...

great device. I just started using the Galaxy tabS2 9.7 and am very impressed with the performance. Picked it because it has a better display in the sun than everything else and during tests it beat the apple products by a nose.
2015-9-23
Use props
buddhabelly
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-9-14 04:09
where it joins the spine, that l ...

Ahhh, something to quiet the babble of angry voices.   Noise proves nothing - often a hen who has merely laid an egg cackles as if she had laid an asteroid.
2015-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

We should all lay something, and get it out of our 'soul-er' systems... hahaha

I might boil a couple brown shells myself, today... ;-) That's a yoke.

RedHotPoker
2015-9-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules