follow me and weak gps signal
3448 9 2015-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
evolicarus
lvl.3

United States

for some reason i cannot get follow me to work...everytime it says weak gps signal and i can't even go to the next step even tho i have the gps turned on with my iphone 6.  any ideas? i've tried mulitpule locoations as well...all same result  

2015-9-14
Use props
jb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270728 ft
  • >>>
United States

What mobile device are you using?   I too have had problems with it.  I am using a Note 4 which is an authorized mobile device but I am wondering if people are only having problems with Android devices.
2015-9-14
Use props
evolicarus
lvl.3

United States

using iphone 6...   it either says gps signal is weak or it says invalid location try again...no luck with follow me
2015-9-14
Use props
fvillanueva
lvl.2

United States

I had that problem I switch to three different location until  final it work too much interference around you
2015-9-14
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Please, try to use another device, cause mostly follow me depends on your mobile device GPS
2015-9-14
Use props
brycerichert
lvl.3
United States

I'm buying an external Bluetooth gps/barometer to take care of this. I wasn't having much luck with my iphone6.
2015-9-14
Use props
john_schadegg
lvl.1

United States

brycerichert Posted at 2015-9-14 21:38
I'm buying an external Bluetooth gps/barometer to take care of this. I wasn't having much luck with  ...

I bought the Garmin GLO and it really works great with all my IOS devices. Follow me works with high accuracy.
2015-9-14
Use props
wyattlloyd7.gma
New

United States

john_schadegg Posted at 2015-9-14 22:45
I bought the Garmin GLO and it really works great with all my IOS devices. Follow me works with hi ...

Would something like the Garmin Edge 510 work?
2016-2-24
Use props
dathomas2000
New

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-9-15 11:23
Please, try to use another device, cause mostly follow me depends on your mobile device GPS

Same problem with Galaxy S5 in follow me mode.    Are there any phone that work with this mode?  
2016-6-11
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Interesting, I didn't know this function requires such a high accuracy.  

If Galaxy S5, Note4, iPhone 6 are all having issues, and since they pretty much represent the best of mobile phones in terms of locating abilities, I guess it's fair to say this Follow Me function requires you have an external GPS device.
2016-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules