Missing screw on the rear frame of DJI Mavic 2 Pro
172 6 5-3 13:34
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
azbest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1779567 ft
Poland

Hello, Recently I noticed that my DJI Mavic 2 Pro is missing a screw in the rear left arm. I am attaching a photo of the missing screw to the post. Please let me know if it is safe to fly without this screw? I will add that the arm has no play or anything like that. Please let me know what the size of this screw is (M?) and is it possible to get it somewhere? Thank you for the info and best regards.
srubka.jpg
5-3 13:34
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly provide us with more images showing what specific part of the drone the screw is missing. Also, you may send a request to support@dji.com to request the screw if it is available possibly.
5-3 23:07
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

That is a small hex-screw mounted in the base of the rear arm to fasten the arm to the "spring" device that locks the arm in transport- or fliight position. Sorry for my bad technical english :-)
Have a look here, you will se how it works:
5-4 01:08
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From memory that screw is weird.
If I am correct it has two distinct threads, the larger diameter thread is the one closest to the head of the screw.
Both threads are, I think, machine screw threads which struck as odd since the larger thread engages in the plastic of the arm.
The driving slot/hole is "Torx".
As there is only one screw per arm it is ESSENTIAL. From memory it keeps the arm on the actual pivot and with out the screw the arm can be pulled off the pivot.

Remove the screw from the other arm and have a look at it with a magnifying glass, then of course refit that screw, and check whether or not my memory is correct.
I would also have a look in the drone's bag to see if the screw is in the bag,  do this over a clean white surface.
You might be able to find the screw as part of a screw-kit, on the likes of eBay, but examine the photos of the kit very closely, to see if the kit contains the screws.

Alternatively
a) buy a wrecked drone or an ex display drone and scavenge a screw from that or
b) see if a repairer, other than DJI, will sell you a screw.
I doubt that DJI will sell you a screw but you could ask.
5-4 06:50
Use props
azbest
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1779567 ft
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 5-3 23:07
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Kindly provide us with more images showing what specific part of the drone the screw is missing. Also, you may send a request to  to request the screw if it is available possibly.

Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
The missing screw is the one from the photo attached to the post Left rear frame screw right next to the hinge. Both arms have the same screw.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro drone.

Thank you and best regards.
5-5 14:13
Use props
Dirty Bird
First Officer
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd be hesitant to fly her.  That bird has a screw loose!  
5-5 15:13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

azbest Posted at 5-5 14:13
Hello,
Thank you for your answer.
The missing screw is the one from the photo attached to the post Left rear frame screw right next to the hinge. Both arms have the same screw.

No worries, azbest. You may try to send a request to the email provided above or you may consider sending in your unit for proper diagnostics. You may contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you.
5-6 01:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules