Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Read this!! i'm wondering the same thing, X5 on are original inspires??
2266 25 2015-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tim foster
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

This pertains to the original model vs. the pro model upgraded motors-  Not my post but worth considering: "To me it's a worrying admission as it's implication is that someone on the engineering side was uncomfortable putting the X5 and X5R payloads on our existing aircrafts"
2015-9-14
Use props
frank320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
Singapore

We are all waiting for DJI to announce the specs and state the differences (or not) between upgrading an X3 to X5 versus just getting the Inspire PRO with X5. Until then, if you were a loyal DJI customer who ordered the X5 upgrade to complement your exiting X3 setup already, i would advise canceling the order and wait till DJI comes up with more details. You don't want to be "the guy" who spends 3k for an X5 "upgrade" only to find out that your upgraded X3 aircraft is "lacking" when compared to the Inspire PRO X5.
2015-9-14
Use props
Alastair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

frank320 Posted at 2015-9-15 14:30
We are all waiting for DJI to announce the specs and state the differences (or not) between upgradin ...

I purchased my inspire with the understanding from DJI that there would be future camera upgrades.  If what you're saying is that there's a possibility that it won't work with the model I have, then that's false advertising!
2015-9-15
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

I can't say I know anything regarding the upgraded motors you mentioned. But the Inspire motors (E800 - 3510)  only retail for $39 each. So if more powerful ones are used on the new Inspire, I wonder if they can be retrofitted for a reasonable price?
2015-9-15
Use props
mtnmaddman
Second Officer
United States

alan@goldsteinp Posted at 2015-9-15 16:41
I can't say I know anything regarding the upgraded motors you mentioned. But the Inspire motors (E80 ...

the upgrade of the phantom 2 to the phantom 2 ver 2 and ver 3 required u[graded motors not sure about the esc but dji should certainly make available a complete upgrade to all I1 owners a package that would include the entire upgrade package to all I1 owners for no more than the difference between the 2 units  since the  I1 is only a year old and most are still under warranty,  We will see if they have enough integrity to make the offer I doubt they will since there business ethics were developed in the age of bully capitalism and not in a time of moral capitalism where the customer was king and always right, and companies cared about their product, their integrity, and their customers.  We shall see.
2015-9-15
Use props
remltr
lvl.4

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-9-15 16:23
the upgrade of the phantom 2 to the phantom 2 ver 2 and ver 3 required u[graded motors not sure ab ...

So when my I1 model D crashes due to the extra weight of the X5 causing imbalance and because DJI gave me no indication that this could happen, they will be giving me a pro I1 with possibly a new X5, because that broke in the crash too. It's a good deal, sign me up.
2015-9-15
Use props
Starship
Second Officer

United States

2015-9-15
Use props
sultangris01
Second Officer

United States

you guys are way over thinking this, the weight difference of the new camera is not the reason they upgraded the motors, the old ones can handle more weight just fine.  there are tons of people hanging flashlights, second cameras and whatnot from their inspire and flying just fine for as long as the inspire has been available.  Im not so sure they even upgraded the motors anyway unless they upgraded them for the standard inspire 1 line as well, there is no inspire 1 pro spec page on their website, there are only specs for the inspire 1.  Im pretty sure that the only difference is the camera, gimble and different landing feet from what it says on their website.  I just wonder if they finally fixed the tilted horizon issue or the new gimble has the same problem, haha!
2015-9-15
Use props
remltr
lvl.4

United States

Starship Posted at 2015-9-15 18:28
https://youtu.be/o9KRX4jhwOU

Pick that stuff up while connected to the gimbal attachment point...I am working on the imbalance probability.
2015-9-15
Use props
tim foster
lvl.3
United States

That is one of my main concerns "will the GIMBAL stay LEVEL" i'll hold off to see before i jump on the X5. I am stoked for the new camera!!
2015-9-15
Use props
SimplePanda
First Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
United States

tim foster Posted at 2015-9-15 22:27
That is one of my main concerns "will the GIMBAL stay LEVEL" i'll hold off to see before i jump on t ...

Zenmuse based gimbals have always had horizon drift issues. Wouldn't hope for anything miraculous on the X5 series when the little H3-2D all the way up to the big Z15-5D have always done this and it's all based on the same system.

Common solution: second operator with roll control to correct as needed. Not ideal, but there it is.
2015-9-15
Use props
alan
lvl.3

United States

I agree about the power of each motor having a safety margin. The recommended weight is 800 grams per motor but their maximum thrust is 2100 grams. Balance should not be an issue. I just tested my Tarot 650 yesterday and threw it way out of balance by not having a camera on the front with a large battery on the back.  It flew the same as when balanced. My Tarot uses the same motors and props as the Inspire and I presume the ESCs are similar. I'm using a Naza and have to assume the Inspire's flight controller is even better.
2015-9-16
Use props
nicoleto
lvl.3

Colombia

Regarding the motora take look al this post.

http://www.inspirepilots.com/thr ... e-1-pro.5833/page-2

DJi sales already confirmed the motors, ESCs an landing gear are the same between both inspires.
2015-9-16
Use props
tim foster
lvl.3
United States

i don't believe them i think that dji support will say just about anything you want to here at this point, i read somewhere from an "official dji moderator"  that the new inspire pro does in fact have upgraded motors and ESC'S wish i could find it now it's out there.... unless it was taken down, what is also troubling is the absolute silence from DJI regarding the subject From yes the motors and ESC'S have been upgraded to silence or better yet "you'll half to wait and see" hummmm lets wate and see if it works on the original inspire then it works flight times will be the thing to watch
2015-9-16
Use props
frank320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
Singapore

tim foster Posted at 2015-9-17 14:18
i don't believe them i think that dji support will say just about anything you want to here at this  ...

Tim,
I am in complete agreement with you. I also remember the moderator/DJI-employee post that mentioned the new Inspire PRO aircraft will be "upgraded"and much better. Personally, I would hold off on purchasing the X5 upgrade package for your Inspire X3 till the details are out.
2015-9-16
Use props
Midnightrider
lvl.1

United States

frank320 Posted at 2015-9-15 02:30
We are all waiting for DJI to announce the specs and state the differences (or not) between upgradin ...

Agree, lets wait for the Specs from DJI. All I've heard from DJI is about the X5 & X5R. Nothing firm about upgrades to the aircraft. I am interested in the X5R.
2015-9-18
Use props
skyvideoct
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

For the $100, I ordered the new plate assembly so that the long lead time will not be an issue if/when I want  to upgrade. I fully understand the evolution of the gimbal mounting plate expansion (wider) to support the new camera. I just think that I will want to have the ready option to move to the micro 4/3 format, no matter what since I am expanding on my Lumix camera collection anyway.
Where I'm really torn is whether to go back to my original plan of either a S900 or S1000 for the fail-safe redundancy of multiple rotors. That scenario basically lowers the risk factor of hanging expensive camera equipment up in the sky.
No matter what, I think I'll probably get one of the new option cameras. Which one depends on what I read as information gets better. I have a G7 and a GH4 ready to fly, but just haven't pulled the trigger yet because the Inspire 1 is a great flying machine when it's at it's best with now software issues.
2015-9-18
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

What about battery life with the extra weight? The battery compartment is limited on the Inspire 1 and pretty sure they will have new batteries to offset the load. The new weight of the camera will also impact the gimbal electronics causing more battery drain. The total up weight will impact the total flight time but DJI does not talk about this at all.

Rich
2015-9-18
Use props
mountmotor
Second Officer

United States

The Inspires are all the same specs guys! Only the cameras are different.
2015-9-18
Use props
tim foster
lvl.3
United States

mountmotor Posted at 2015-9-18 18:56
The Inspires are all the same specs guys! Only the cameras are different.

it has already been posted by "DJI OFFICIAL MODERATORS" that it is not the same!! and when people started asking why the new motors and ESC'S everyone got all hot about it me included now they are not confirming or denying just "you will have to wait and see..." i just don't like that approach; tell us what's up. Just makes me think that my new inspire is not fully up to the task of flying the new camera.
2015-9-18
Use props
Linolens
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I'm all in with the i1Pro.
The i1 has plenty of power and if I'm at minimum  getting the same specs with the new camera then I'm a happy customer.
Purchase complete. Now it's wait and see what happens.
I have (some) faith on an upgraded machine tho
2015-9-18
Use props
tim foster
lvl.3
United States

standing by for info still..........
2015-9-21
Use props
mountmotor
Second Officer

United States

tim foster Posted at 2015-9-18 22:16
it has already been posted by "DJI OFFICIAL MODERATORS" that it is not the same!! and when people  ...

It is the same Inspire...same motors, same ESC...Same everything...
2015-9-24
Use props
rjs21989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't worry about the weight. I would worry about the legs. If you look at the picture of the Inspire1 pro the feet are longer. What do we do with the original Inspire1 with the shorter legs. The X5 will hit the ground before the gear does. 3k wasted.
2015-9-25
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flown the x5 on a standard i1 and a i1 pro. They feel like the same craft. The old motors do a fine job.
2015-9-25
Use props
ftimster
lvl.3
United States

the old motors.... lol
2015-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules