What is the best third party app for Vision 2+ ?
3270 4 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

I am giving up on the DJI Vision app. With every update I have more problems. The latest one is a shame. I am unable to get camera feeds and GS is crashing the app.
Any recommendation for a stable third party app that will work on an IPhone and can reliably replace the DJI vision app?
Thanks a bunch.
2015-9-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Did you try deleting the app and downloading it directly fron DJI download section and give that a try. Also be sure your Bluetooth is turned off.
2015-9-16
Use props
motia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14452 ft
United States

Here is what I try today:
There is no option to load app directly from DJI. The download link and barcode, send you to Itunes store
Delete the app and install - no go
Turn off Bluetooth - no go
Delete app, upgrade to IOS 9, reinstall app - no go
Turn off Iphone camera access to app - no go - allow again - no go
Check phantom camera binding - good. Still no image.
Gave up. Unable to roll back to 1.0.48 as I don't have a backup and it will refuse to install an app someone else backed up.
Will have to fly line of site for now without taking video or photos as I would not know what the camera see - hope DJI will come with a fix, as I am not the only one with the issue.
2015-9-16
Use props
FPV Booster
lvl.3

Hong Kong

FPV Booster (FPV Camera) is probably the most popular 3-party app for P2V+, though it's NOT a free app.
https://itunes.apple.com/app/fpv-booster-for-vision+/id876413138?ls=1&mt=8

2015-9-17
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

motia Posted at 2015-9-16 20:22
Here is what I try today:
There is no option to load app directly from DJI. The download link and ba ...

Any way to try a different iPhone/pad?

FWIW with the sun I often cant see the screen well enough to use it much.  I just start video at launch and stop at end. I find all kinds of good shots and video upon review. If in LOS its not to hard to at least get things lined up for video. Pics not so much, I use screen capture in GOM player in that case.

Good luck and have fun flying!
2015-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules