Critical low voltage error
58320 59 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveKing350z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8035 ft
United States

I had the same problem with my P3A, right after the latest firmware upgrade, 45% on one battery and 55% on the other, both forced landings shortly after take off, claiming "Critically Low Voltage," which I have never experienced before, the batteries were warm, recently inside, the 2nd in my pocket.  The air temp. was about 40F, not that cold, and the batteries were no where near that.  

I'm convinced it's the FW update, and I'm tempted to go back a level.  Did DJI do enough testing of this update?  I don't think so.
2017-11-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

DaveKing350z Posted at 2017-11-22 09:56
I had the same problem with my P3A, right after the latest firmware upgrade, 45% on one battery and 55% on the other, both forced landings shortly after take off, claiming "Critically Low Voltage," ...

There is something wrong here.  How could you have 45% on one battery and 55% on the other - shortly after takeoff?  
2017-11-22
Use props
DaveKing350z
lvl.2
United States

I thought I replied to this, but it didn't seem to take.

I too had the same problem with my P3A, just after the FW update (ver. 1.11.0020, about 11/20/17), "Critical Low Voltage" error, and it forced a landing.  It was just a few minutes after firing it up, I'd just came outdoors, so the battery in the bird was warm, outside temp. was about 40 - 45F, the battery was at 45% remaining.  I switched to the other batter (55% remaining), which was in my pocket, so warm, as well.  Quickly got the same error message.  I've flown under those conditions many times in the past, and never have had that error message before.  

I'm convinced it's that FW update, and it just wasn't adequately tested before release.  I hope DJI gets it right, soon!   --  Dave
2017-11-23
Use props
DaveKing350z
lvl.2
United States

AlphaZeroOne Posted at 2015-9-15 22:36
I understand your thinking, but would that explain the same problem occurring immediately on using a brand new battery. This battery was literally straight out of the box, had never been flown ( but had been firmware updated by the a/c prior to the first flight). I was rather hoping that this sort of issue was a result of a bug in the latest firmware but I don't seem to be able to find many folk experiencing the same problem.

I did, I hope you can find my post;

I thought I replied to this, but it didn't seem to take.

I too had the same problem with my P3A, just after the FW update (ver. 1.11.0020, about 11/20/17), "Critical Low Voltage" error, and it forced a landing.  It was just a few minutes after firing it up, I'd just came outdoors, so the battery in the bird was warm, outside temp. was about 40 - 45F, the battery was at 45% remaining.  I switched to the other batter (55% remaining), which was in my pocket, so warm, as well.  Quickly got the same error message.  I've flown under those conditions many times in the past, and never have had that error message before.  

I'm convinced it's that FW update, and it just wasn't adequately tested before release.  I hope DJI gets it right, soon!   --  Dave
2017-11-23
Use props
DaveKing350z
lvl.2
United States

Indy Posted at 2015-10-25 10:26
Hi guys,
Already got this problem with almost new battery, just after take off... Weeks ago.
Then today, it happened to me twice with two different batteries and different voltage... Not sure it comes from batteries...

I agree, see my post today.  I hope we get a new update to fix this.
2017-11-23
Use props
DaveKing350z
lvl.2
United States

YannickF Posted at 2015-12-30 04:21
Same problem on my Phantom 3 advanced... I just update last firmware a few days ago.. and now, I can't take off... The 4 cells are OK : 4,10 V each, battery is 100% on live cycle !

The weather is pretty cold  here (0°C), so I came back in my house, removed the propellers, and 10 minutes later, the Phantom 3 was OK to take off... I really think it's a firmware problem with cold weather !

I fully agree, YannickF.  Thanks for posting.
2017-11-23
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Launching with a partially charged battery is often a fatal error.  That is most likely what caused your problem.  
2017-11-23
Use props
DaveKing350z
lvl.2
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-11-22 10:16
There is something wrong here.  How could you have 45% on one battery and 55% on the other - shortly after takeoff?

That's the charge left, after flying them just the other day.   I didn't fully recharge them, since I was only planning to fly for a little while.  But thanks, Mark.
2017-11-23
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

DaveKing350z Posted at 2017-11-23 12:23
That's the charge left, after flying them just the other day.   I didn't fully recharge them, since I was only planning to fly for a little while.  But thanks, Mark.

Flying on a partially charged battery is courting disaster, you will see this implicated in crashes posted to here all the time. The rule is never take off on a partially charged battery, always use a fully, recently charged battery. The battery capacity you see displayed is a calculated estimation, not a guaranteed value.
2017-11-23
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DaveKing350z Posted at 2017-11-23 09:40
I agree, see my post today.  I hope we get a new update to fix this.

Did you notice you just replied to a lot of more than 2 years old posts?
Hopefully those issues was solved long time ago. On the other side it shows that it is not only on the P4 family developers seem to have dig out a lot of old issues over the last months.

Like other just replied, if you're taking off with partly deflated batteries, do it same day, best while they are still warmed up.
If it is a FW issue i hope for you it get solved in reasonable time. ;-)
2017-11-23
Use props
DaveKing350z
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-11-23 17:14
Did you notice you just replied to a lot of more than 2 years old posts?
Hopefully those issues was solved long time ago. On the other side it shows that it is not only on the P4 family developers seem to have dig out a lot of old issues over the last months.

Sorry, I didn't notice I replied to old posts.  It's amazing that this old problem is back.  I was not aware of it occcuring 2 yrs ago.  Thanks, KedDK.
2017-11-24
Use props
KedDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DaveKing350z Posted at 2017-11-24 08:40
Sorry, I didn't notice I replied to old posts.  It's amazing that this old problem is back.  I was not aware of it occcuring 2 yrs ago.  Thanks, KedDK.

N.P. I was just wondering a lot, and yes the last months a lot of old issues seem to have returned on more models.
2017-11-24
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

i dont want to sound like im bashing you ,pay more attention to battey voltage than % because unless you charged it to 100% prior to flight,the % is not acurate.i dont takeoff without charging  to 100%that day.
2017-11-24
Use props
Kleym
New

Russia

the same problem here with my P3. the wheather was about from -3 to 0. take a look guys what do you think on this YT video??
2018-1-12
Use props
Kleym
New

Russia

also as i see the battery have to be "fresh charged" - at least 24hrs. any oppinions?
2018-1-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Kleym Posted at 2018-1-12 15:51
the same problem here with my P3. the wheather was about from -3 to 0. take a look guys what do you think on this YT video??

That's an old but classic and must-watch video.  I think the video should be required watching for every DJI lipo battery owner.
2018-1-12
Use props
fans93c1a54b
lvl.1

Canada

Happened twice to me but it went away and I was able to bring it home. First time I kinda crashed it and the battery fell out. Saw one other comment where the battery fell out. Loose battery maybe?
2018-3-30
Use props
tiagoxavier.br
lvl.1
Flight distance : 658822 ft

Brazil

Olá, desulpas por resucitar um forum antigo. meu nome é Tiago, sou do Brasil.este erro aconteceu comigo com um phantom P3S e um P3A. foram 3 baterias diferentes e as 3 com o mesmo erro.
como diz no video a cima. isto acontece em temperaturas menor que 15º graus e com carga menor que 95% logo que é aconcelhavel sempre decolar com bateria carregada e mesmo assim pairar no ar em altura inferior a 1 mt antes de subir.

Hello, you desulpas for resurrecting an old forum. My name is Tiago, I'm from Brazil. this error happened to me with a phantom P3S and a P3A. There were 3 different batteries and 3 batteries with the same error. as it says in the video above. this happens at temperatures of less than 15 degrees and with a load of less than 95% as soon as it is advisable to always take off with a charged battery and still hover in the air at a height of less than 1 m before climbing.
2018-9-17
Use props
FrankFilms
lvl.1

United States

I’m having the same issue with my phantom 3 advanced. I have 3 of the same batteries that I got all around the same time and they are all saying the low voltage. What should I go?
2019-1-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
United States

Are you flying with a cold battery?  Battery should be at least 20 C.  See the video above...
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules