Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video Cache Full
3410 12 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bill
lvl.4

United States

I am using a Samsung Note tablet (not supported).  When i start recording i get a message that the video cache is full so local recording will be disabled.  Can anyone offer advice on how to clear the video cache and how to set it to use the SD card in the tablet for video cache so it has more room. Fortunately this has no effect on recording on the SD card in the P3 but i would still like to fix it.

Thanks
2015-9-15
Use props
sploodge
Captain
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure on changing the storage to be the SD ( I think you do it form android in the App settings, just don't have my android tablet with me in work ).

To clear the video cache, the option is here in the app.

32-General-Settings.jpg
2015-9-15
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sploodge Posted at 2015-9-16 15:17
Not sure on changing the storage to be the SD ( I think you do it form android in the App settings,  ...

always one step forward
2015-9-15
Use props
bill
lvl.4

United States

Thank you, I will look at that tonight.  I knew somebody on here would have the answer.  Should have known it would be you Sploodge
2015-9-16
Use props
jayhkr
Second Officer

United States

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-9-16 12:06
Thank you, I will look at that tonight.  I knew somebody on here would have the answer.  Should have ...

My Android doesn't give me the option to move the app, or video cache over to the SD card.  I can understand why as the program needs so much power, that the SD card would more than likely slow everything down and may not transfer properly.  But it would be a great idea for those of us who are limited on our internal storage.
2015-9-16
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-17 12:01
My Android doesn't give me the option to move the app, or video cache over to the SD card.  I can  ...

Jay
it would not serve any purpose to have the original video and cache of the same video on the sd card. basically duplicating the video!!
2015-9-16
Use props
jayhkr
Second Officer

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-16 23:39
Jay
it would not serve any purpose to have the original video and cache of the same video on the s ...

Well we wouldn't want it to be duplicated, but rather cached directly to the SD card.  But again, I don't think the speed in which this would need to happen can be achieved on our devices.  I don't think?
2015-9-16
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-17 12:46
Well we wouldn't want it to be duplicated, but rather cached directly to the SD card.  But again,  ...

im saying what would be the point to cache it to the sd card?
2015-9-16
Use props
bill
lvl.4

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-17 00:47
im saying what would be the point to cache it to the sd card?

Ray - an SD card in the tablet not on the bird itself.  I was thinking we could put a 64gb SD card in the tablet and use that for the video cache rather then the internal memory on the tablet
2015-9-17
Use props
rayrokni
Captain
United States

bill@northwoods Posted at 2015-9-17 19:32
Ray - an SD card in the tablet not on the bird itself.  I was thinking we could put a 64gb SD card ...

Ah, thanks for the clarification, I thought he was referring to the ad on the p3!!
2015-9-17
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

jayhkr Posted at 2015-9-17 00:01
My Android doesn't give me the option to move the app, or video cache over to the SD card.  I can  ...

I actually submitted this suggestion to DJI a few weeks back
2015-9-17
Use props
arives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 453684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flight Raptor Posted at 2015-9-17 23:16
I actually submitted this suggestion to DJI a few weeks back

Did you ever get an answer. I am completely mystified by the Cache thingy. I have a 64 Gig card in the drone, and it comes up no room for the cache, and as a result the flight log  recording isn't kept either.
2015-9-23
Use props
Flight Raptor
First Officer
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

arives@capecod. Posted at 2015-9-24 09:30
Did you ever get an answer. I am completely mystified by the Cache thingy. I have a 64 Gig card in ...

I did get a response...it was basically thank you for the suggestion and they've passed it on to the development team for consideration.
2015-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules