Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S900 and A2 keeps returning home
2157 20 2015-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

G'day everyone...

This is my first time posting on this forum... Hopefully in the future I can contribute to this page as there is so much useful information on here.

I have just brought a S900, A2, Light bridge, Z15-NIts actually 2nd hand but only has been flown once or twice.

I am using a Futaba 8FG and A2 as receiver

I have upgraded everything, IMU calibration, and I have configured everything.

1st Flight = no problem. I was very conservative because I was a little nervous so it is possible the problem didn't show on this flight

2nd Flight= When approaching a distance of about 20m it went in to fail safe and returned home.

3rd, 4th Flight= Exact same thing

5th Flight =I have disabled, IOC, Airport, and all limits Getting much worse. Went into return home straight after take off.

6th Flight= I have disabled, Voltage fail safe, also and changed the return home to only 10m to keep it a little more controlled. This time it let me get pretty far away, almost 200m but still eventually went into fail safe.

NOTES:

-I have checked the antenna inside the futaba, in case it was damaged. It was fine.

-I have been starting with fresh batteries every flight.

-I have my forced fail safe set perfect.

-Between 1st and 2nd flight i did map the IOC switch and changed the setting in my football from MULTI to MULTI2, I have since switched back to MULTI

-between 5th and 6th flight i changed the location of A2 antenna. I had them cabled tied at 90 degrees to each other. I know have them hanging loose. There is one cable tie around them and the retract servo wires. ( Could this cause interference? )

I am completely out of idea's and have spent so much time researching and trying to figure this out but have completely exhausted my knowledge and anyone i know has no idea either..

Can anyone give me a suggestion ???
2015-9-15
Use props
richardhuison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 54455 ft

United Kingdom

What voltage are you getting before you fly, and also what size battery?
2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You must run everything through the LB. What is happening is the LB is swamping out the A2's internal rx. Remember LB was designed to be the control link and video downlink.
2015-9-21
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

Sorry guys, i lost my thread...

I am using a 16000mah Tattu. All cells are about 4. before and after the flights all the cells are around 3.8..  I have had my partner watching the live voltage and it doesn't get anywhere near warning level when fail safe is triggered.

Since posting this i have tried as follows

-Used my Futaba receiver and it still goes into fail safe.

-Turn off all fail safes it assistant software

-Changed fail safe to hover rather than return home and it just hovered till it hit low voltage than came home.

-I have completely started the config from the start on both the A2 and my Futaba remote.

-I have fitted Futaba receiver back into an old phantom to test the Futaba side and i got over 1km with it this morning.

I have been told that it best to use A2 receiver or a Futaba one as less chance of interference when i add a gimble control in the future. I am also a bit worried because i am getting really bad range with light bridge. The video starts to cut out at only 100m. so i can imagine the control range will be just as bad

2015-9-21
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MattyV Posted at 2015-9-21 15:48
Sorry guys, i lost my thread...

I am using a 16000mah Tattu. All cells are about 4. before and afte ...

Please read my above post. You can not use a standard rx link when using LB. You must use LB as your control link.
2015-9-22
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

Dose anyone have a link to a good tutorial to setting it up through light bridge, i can't seem to find one...  hardware and configs please
2015-9-24
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-22 23:53
Please read my above post. You can not use a standard rx link when using LB. You must use LB as yo ...

Thanx, but please read my post as well
2015-9-24
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

The manual does a real good job explaining this. I made this short video on brief channel mapping..

2015-9-24
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

Thanx for that. It is a good tutorial. I have no problem mapping the channels in light bridge. When i than connect to the A2 all of my A2 controls are spot on. Eg, A E T R, Mode and landing retract. But i can't seem to get any movement out of my gimbal.

Should i have gimbal switch on or off?

2015-9-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal switch should be off. You more than likely need to map the Mode switch for the gimbal. If not mapped it defaults to reset/fpv mode.
2015-9-27
Use props
smee56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... tid=9672&page=1

Principles will still apply for a 900.

Where are you based?
2015-9-28
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

smee56@gmail.co Posted at 2015-9-29 13:41
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9672&page=1

Principles will still apply for a 90 ...

Cheers mate. I'll have a good study of that tomorrow morning... I am based in WA... Down South
2015-9-29
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-28 00:01
Gimbal switch should be off. You more than likely need to map the Mode switch for the gimbal. If not ...

Cool, I've got that right than.... I do have mode mapped... I have taken a video so its a little easier to see how i have everything set up...

2015-9-29
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

You see when you hit shutter in LB it moves 4 channels? The raido functions are misconfigured. I would check radio programing again. I would also try canbus 2 for the GCU.
2015-9-29
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

I should have mentioned that. Seeing it is a 8FG it when i change it to 12channels in the the football menu channels 9, 10, 11, 12 are auxiliary channels so i can only use channel 9 as one. If i try un assign a with in the function menu on channel 10 than 11, 12, and 9 will also change. When i had it using the the a2 receiver or the football receiver this didn't seem to bother it.

If you think it might be the cause of the problem do i need to buy a Futaba 14SG?
2015-9-29
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-29 22:21
You see when you hit shutter in LB it moves 4 channels? The raido functions are misconfigured. I wou ...

I have found two diagrams on page 50 & 51 in the A2 manual showing the GCU using can 2 and can 1, i'll try change it around tonight...
2015-9-29
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

I just a email from DJI support.... What do you reckon.

Jimmy Yang (DJI)
Sep 30, 09:40

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for contacting DJI China Technical Support Center.

Thanks for your video! But the early version of Z15, which supports NEX-7, cannot be controlled by only connecting CAN cable. So you may want to use three more servo wires to connect your A2 controller and gimbals.

If you have other question about technical, please don't hesitate and send email to us.
Thanks for your patience and understand.

Best Regards,
Colin
2015-9-29
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MattyV Posted at 2015-9-29 21:25
I just a email from DJI support.... What do you reckon.

Jimmy Yang (DJI)

Colin

I do apologize my experience is with an HD gimbal. Support is correct that the Z15 can only be controlled via the F channel output of the A2.
2015-9-30
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

DJI-BladeStrike Posted at 2015-9-30 23:09
Colin

I do apologize my experience is with an HD gimbal. Support is correct that the Z15 can onl ...

Dont apologise, Your help has been extremely valuable.... I was starting to think i would never get it working.

I had my first successful flight this morning and couldn't be happier....
2015-9-30
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

MattyV Posted at 2015-9-30 16:00
Dont apologise, Your help has been extremely valuable.... I was starting to think i would never ge ...

Thanks man! I'm glad you got her in the Air, no more RTH?
2015-10-1
Use props
MattyV
lvl.1

Australia

Nope no return to home.!!!!!!!! so happy.

Seeing i need to use servo wires to control gimbal and there are only three spare servo outlets from the A2 controller. I am going to need a 5.8 controller and receiver to get any more control, Is there any that you would recommend?
2015-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules