Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI 1.13.5 Fly app for RC2
1699 24 6-6 05:44
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

DJI has a released the 1.13.5 fly app for the RC2. A question for the admins on here, is there any issue with 1.13.4 or was it just an issue some people had updating it? Whats actually been changed for 1.13.5?
Thanks

6-6 05:44
Use props
In the sun
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1685072 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I think is was just a problematic install on13.4.

I had that a week ago, took a few attempts to take.

6-6 06:48
Use props
Steph Jant
lvl.4
Flight distance : 276542 ft
United Kingdom

Since installing 1.13.5 I have noticed boot up time is even faster than it was with 1.13.4
6-6 08:20
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311368 ft
United Kingdom

Steph Jant Posted at 6-6 08:20
Since installing 1.13.5 I have noticed boot up time is even faster than it was with 1.13.4

Interesting, time to test that before i update..
6-6 08:37
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We have discovered some issues during the release phase. To avoid affecting your usage, we have currently suspended the upgrade push. Our engineers are urgently repairing the issue. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.
6-6 09:12
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 6627913 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-6 09:12
Hi there, we are sorry for any inconvenience. We have discovered some issues during the release phase. To avoid affecting your usage, we have currently suspended the upgrade push. Our engineers are urgently repairing the issue. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.

Our engineers are urgently repairing the issue. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.

Are you saying that the problem has not yet been fixed in the new firmware 1.13.5???
6-6 09:23
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311368 ft
United Kingdom

B0LL0x i have just upgraded my RC2, guess I had better not fly until its fixed I guess

as for boot time there is no difference i measured 24.57 seconds before update and 24.58 after.
6-6 09:28
Use props
djiuser_VIwJR8ELSWT8
lvl.2

Germany

I updated to version 1.13.5 and just did a test flight. The flight was completely problem-free and the video recordings were flawless too.
6-6 10:15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Serg SSA Posted at 6-6 09:23
Our engineers are urgently repairing the issue. Hope you can wait for the update patiently.

Are you saying that the problem has not yet been fixed in the new firmware 1.13.5???

Hello, sorry for the miscommunication. The previous replay was for 1.13.4.  The updated version 1.13.5 is ready to use. You can update the latest version now. Thank you.
6-6 13:10
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks, I was asking exactly what the issue was with 1.13.4, and in detail, what was changed to fix the issue with 1.13.5?
6-6 20:23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 6-6 20:23
Thanks, I was asking exactly what the issue was with 1.13.4, and in detail, what was changed to fix the issue with 1.13.5?

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. We'll check this with our engineering team and get back to you as soon as we get the details fom the team.

We do really appreciate your patience. Thank you!
6-6 21:52
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Manitobahunter Posted at 6-6 20:23

Here they have already found out that administrators are robots with AI. It is useless to ask them questions, except for the answer that they will pass your question on to their team, you will not achieve anything from them
6-7 22:55
Use props
aatilla39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324642 ft
Turkey

merhaba ben yükledim ve test yaptım herhangi bir sorun yaşamadım.
6-7 23:26
Use props
CHARZ
lvl.2

Poland

Hello. We apologize for any inconvenience. We just decided to do a beta test on Android users. Keep buying our products. We love you very much, we wish you a good day and a big bowl of rice. Bye.
6-8 00:37
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Serg SSA Posted at 6-7 22:55
Here they have already found out that administrators are robots with AI. It is useless to ask them questions, except for the answer that they will pass your question on to their team, you will not achieve anything from them

HI there,

We're actual DJI Support representatives, not AI. We do really appreciate your patience on this issue as we are waiting for the engineering team's response in this matter. We will get back to you as soon as we get the details from the team.

If you have any other questions, kindly let us know. Thank You!
6-8 04:03
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

aatilla39 Posted at 6-7 23:26
merhaba ben yükledim ve test yaptım herhangi bir sorun yaşamadım.

That's Great! Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that the issue is resolved for you. Feel free to contact us if you have other inquiries. Have a nice day ahead!
6-8 04:06
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

I've had extensive conversations with several of the admins on the forum, they're not AI's. I updated both my One Plus android phones with 1.13.5 that I use with my Mini 2, and updated the Mini 4 Pro's RC2 this morning as well. I observed my boot speed on 1.13.4, then turned on my wifi on the controller. It took a couple seconds and an update available 1.13.5  popped up, which I clicked on to begin installing the update. I didn't have to go into about where the little red dot appears to begin the installation as I did with 1.13.4
I'd seen on one of the you tube channels that if you pull down from the top of the screen, it displays the update progress, and it does indeed. The installation process only took a couple minutes and went smoothly. I had the Mini 4 Pro powered up and conected through the process and it disconnected when the app restarted and reconnected on its own. Once it was up and running, I checked my settings and verified in about, that 1.13.5 was installed, and I powered everything off.
I then powered on the MIni 4 and RC2 and observed the boot speed, which is just as fast as it was on 1.13.4, possibly smoother, and flipping through the settings appeared a bit smother as well, and was reasonably quick.
I'll take it out for a test flight this evening weather permitting, but as 1.13.4 flew flawlessly, I'm expecting the same with 1.13.5 as I believe this update was mostly to fix the installation issue people were seeing. Good job on the 1.13.5 firmware package DJI, and thanks to the admins on here
6-8 06:01
Use props
CHARZ
lvl.2

Poland

still no info about patchnoute like a Trojan horse
6-8 11:07
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

CHARZ Posted at 6-8 11:07
still no info about patchnoute like a Trojan horse

Not sure what patchnoute is lol..
6-8 18:04
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Anyway, was a bit windy but took the Mini 4 out for a 1.13.5 test fly after work. Flew with the RC2 first, which booted up and aquired satelites quickly like it knew what it was doing. So far as I can see, everything is working perfectly, aside from the Mini 4's usual porpoising through the air. Next I flew with the Integra goggles and motion 2. It flew perfectly and had been a while since I flew with the goggles, so was fun to do that again and see how close I could get zipping between trees Aside from the never ending not using bound device popup, it was a totally positive flying experience!
Overall I'd say this firmware/app combination is the best I've seen since my first update when I bought the Mini 4 Pro almost a year ago now.
Thinking perhaps I'll sell my Integra goggles and Motion 2 to a Mini 3 Pro pilot and pick up a set of goggles 3 and just use them with the RC2 and Mini 4 Pro. Just need to find out if the not using bound device popup will go away then, and its a done deal
6-8 18:16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Manitobahunter Posted at 6-8 18:16
Anyway, was a bit windy but took the Mini 4 out for a 1.13.5 test fly after work. Flew with the RC2 first, which booted up and aquired satelites quickly like it knew what it was doing. So far as I can see, everything is working perfectly, aside from the Mini 4's usual porpoising through the air. Next I flew with the Integra goggles and motion 2. It flew perfectly and had been a while since I flew with the goggles, so was fun to do that again and see how close I could get zipping between trees  Aside from the never ending not using bound device popup, it was a totally positive flying experience!
Overall I'd say this firmware/app combination is the best I've seen since my first update when I bought the Mini 4 Pro almost a year ago now.
Thinking perhaps I'll sell my Integra goggles and Motion 2 to a Mini 3 Pro pilot and pick up a set of goggles 3 and just use them with the RC2 and Mini 4 Pro. Just need to find out if the not using bound device popup will go away then, and its a done deal

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

Can you please share the screenshot/picture of the popup notification you received? With this extra information, it may help us in resolving your issue swiftly.

Looking forward to your response, thank you!
6-8 21:56
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Hi Natalia, the popup is not an issue, it's part of the firmware. When using the Mini 4 pro with the Integra goggles, or goggles 2, if you don't re bind every time you switch between the RC2 and goggles, the controller that is not bound will display a "Not using bound device" popup warning on the display. The firmware allows one to use the unbound device 5 times before needing to use the bound device to reset the 5 times use. This is documented in many posts on the forum with requests for DJI to change this in the firmware. With the new goggles 3 being able to use the RC2 as a controller, rather than the motion 2 that must be used with the goggles 2 and integra goggles, I'm hoping this warning popup will not be displayed when using the Goggles 3 with the RC2, as the RC2 will be the bound device.
6-9 01:41
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Natalia, here's the popup I'm speaking about. Totally unessesary for it to remain displayed throughout the flight. It would be a huge improvment to display it on startup before takeoff, and as soon as the drone is in the air, it dissapears. Constantly displaying it does nothing but distract and lessen the flight experience

6-9 07:40
Use props
Frank071
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128586 ft
Netherlands

Serg SSA Posted at 6-6 09:23

Not wanting to be picky, but 1.13.5 is the Fly app version, not the firmware version.
6-10 00:31
Use props
Serg SSA
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Russia

Frank071 Posted at 6-10 00:31
Not wanting to be picky, but 1.13.5 is the Fly app version, not the firmware version.

Yes, of course, I meant the Fly version)
6-10 00:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules