Record sound
1572 12 2015-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vilven
New

Chile

Hello guys, just a quick question.

When I record from my Inspire One, and later y play the video into my laptop, there is no sound.
Is there a way to enable this? or what I am doing wrong...

Cheers!!

2015-9-16
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

There is no internal audio recorder on the inspire or the camera. If you're looking to record sound (for whatever reason that would be) it would have to be done with an external audio recorder and mic.
2015-9-16
Use props
petevandra
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6939 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

If there was sound you would hear nothing but prop noise
2015-9-16
Use props
joeyjoe
lvl.2

United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-9-16 13:20

I like prop noise and wish a mic was built in.
Then again, I like modem noise and dot matrix printer noise too. I'm strange I think.
2015-9-16
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

There are still sounds louder then the prop noise around. It should have sound.
2015-9-16
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

United States

joeyjoe Posted at 2015-9-16 18:14
Then again, I like modem noise and dot matrix print ...

+1 except for the strange part.
2015-9-17
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

I think sound would be a waste and I'm happy they didn't spend any time or money on it.

I would like to see an option where your phone/tablet records audio from its position, either so you can narrate or to catch the ambient sound there.
2015-9-17
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

petevandra@msn. Posted at 2015-9-16 12:20

every go pro video from a drone on youtube suggests that you are very incorrect.  Yes you can hear props but you can also hear lots of other stuff.  i wish they had sound as well, its stupid that they dont.
2015-9-17
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-18 01:24
every go pro video from a drone on youtube suggests that you are very incorrect.  Yes you can hear ...

Completely understand that you want it, not trying to talk you out of it, but I personally think they made the right decision.  Don't want to start an arguement about who is right, just giving my opinion here.  
GoPros record sound because they are used for sports, not because audio should be used on drones.  I hate hearing annoying prop noise on GoPro videos and turn the audio off.

The I1 is an aerial filming platform exclusiverly, you don't take the camera off and put in on your helmet and ride a bike, where it would be nice to hear the audio.
DJI weren't going to waste time, space, weight or money on recording audio when it would be 100% in the air.

2015-9-17
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-9-17 10:33
Completely understand that you want it, not trying to talk you out of it, but I personally think th ...

well no offence, but im right, youre wrong.  What about the handheld gimble use they hyped up so much?  sound would be very nice to have there i would think.  I do completely understand your reasons for not wanting it but having the ability with the option to turn it on or off would be simple and make everyone happy, and its completely retarded that they didnt do it that way.  Time, space, weight, money would be virtually zero in all regards.  maybe thats why they never released the handheld gimble, its a pretty stupid and worthless device with no sound, haha!
2015-9-17
Use props
remltr
lvl.3

Canada

Reasons I like sound is, one, I started in RC with a gopro on my craft and became used to hearing it. Two it does help sometimes to diagnose a flight issue. Why did the quad take a dip right there?, motor did a hick up or maybe a gust of wind that you can't see visually.

Maybe if DJI just had a built in sound track I wouldn't miss it much.

As you stated, Jim, you can always turn off the sound.

2015-9-17
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Australia

sultangris01@gm Posted at 2015-9-18 02:23
well no offence, but im right, youre wrong.  What about the handheld gimble use they hyped up so mu ...

Yeah, I thought of that at the time but it would be incredibly easy to just record through your phone or tablet into the gimbal and record on the SD card as they will be physically connected.  Just a matter of firmware and then not doubling up on resources.

2015-9-17
Use props
Hailstone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536781 ft
New Zealand

joeyjoe Posted at 2015-9-17 14:14
Then again, I like modem noise and dot matrix print ...

Haha, I agree, should have the option. Then if you don't like it you can turn it off. Better to have the option.
2016-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules