Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly app latest version 1.13.8 problem
4164 27 6-28 02:57
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kon_boz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62589 ft
Greece

Hello, yesterday I updated to the latest fly app version (1.13.8 from 1.13.5) and I found out today that there is a problem with the waypoints planning. If I plan a waypoint mission from the map and save it, then if I go back and try to load it the app crashes. This happens for missions planned after the update, previously planned missions load just fine. Has anyone else encountered this?
6-28 02:57
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there,
thank you for reaching out.

We apologize for the unpleasant experience. Are you encountering any error messages on the app or is it simply closing? Have you attempted to restart?

Looking forward to your response. Thank you.
6-28 03:21
Use props
kon_boz
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 03:21
Hi there,

No, the screen turns black and then I go back to the start screen. If this happens a couple of times I get a warning from Android that this app keeps not responding. It doesn'e crash completely or maybe it does and then restarts. I have restarted the phone but nothing changed
6-28 03:33
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kon_boz Posted at 6-28 03:33
No, the screen turns black and then I go back to the start screen. If this happens a couple of times I get a warning from Android that this app keeps not responding. It doesn'e crash completely or maybe it does and then restarts. I have restarted the phone but nothing changed

Hi there, thank you for sharing the details above and we're do apologize for the trouble. It would greatly help if you could share us an operation video demonstrationg the issue for us to have better understanding on the condition. It'll also help us to investigate further with our engineering team

Looking forward to your response. Thank you for your understanding and support!
6-28 03:46
Use props
kon_boz
lvl.1
Greece

DJI Natalia Posted at 6-28 03:46
Hi there, thank you for sharing the details above and we're do apologize for the trouble. It would greatly help if you could share us an operation video demonstrationg the issue for us to have better understanding on the condition. It'll also help us to investigate further with our engineering team

Looking forward to your response. Thank you for your understanding and support!

I have uploaded here a demonstration of the problem:https://youtu.be/xdSNqNRfjdk
As you'll be able to see, a mission planned today (after the update) cannot be loaded but a mission planned before the update is loaded fine
6-28 05:43
Use props
Va1entin2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 393816 ft

Romania

It seems that DJI has stopped the update process for drone firmware, controller and the Fly application. Is there any reason for this?
6-28 05:47
Use props
MiniManiac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311368 ft
United Kingdom

Va1entin2 Posted at 6-28 05:47
It seems that DJI has stopped the update process for drone firmware, controller and the Fly application. Is there any reason for this?

It seems that DJI has stopped the update process for drone firmware, controller and the Fly application

Seems to be a typical DJI thing, release a FW realise it doesnt work.
When will this super large very rich company actually test updates instead of making us poor saps risk our quads with faulty updates
6-28 09:18
Use props
kon_boz
lvl.1
Greece

There should be an easy way to rollback to a previous version. I didn't find a way other than unistalling the app and losing my settings or fiddling with folders in order to keep the settings intact
6-28 09:30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kon_boz Posted at 6-28 05:43
I have uploaded here a demonstration of the problem:https://youtu.be/xdSNqNRfjdk
As you'll be able to see, a mission planned today (after the update) cannot be loaded but a mission planned before the update is loaded fine

Hi there,

Thank you for providing us the video.

Please be informed, there is a new firmware update for Mini 4 Pro.
Kindly proceed to update the aircraft and retry again.

If the issue still persist, kindly revert back to us.

Thank you for understanding.
6-28 09:34
Use props
kon_boz
lvl.1
Greece

I have updated the drone firmware after the app update. It shouldn't be a firmware problem as this happens even when I am not connected to the drone or the rc remote. I am just planning routes from my phone through the map
6-28 09:37
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kon_boz Posted at 6-28 09:37
I have updated the drone firmware after the app update. It shouldn't be a firmware problem as this happens even when I am not connected to the drone or the rc remote. I am just planning routes from my phone through the map

Hi,

Kindly try create a new waypoint flight mission to test if it crashes. And do revert back to us if the issue still persist.

Thank you for your patience with us and understanding.
6-28 11:43
Use props
djiuser_oqgEF3jeeMPr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 213770 ft
Italy

I’ve been experiencing the same issue since I updated the mini 4 pro and the controller; at this moment, it’s not possible to create new waypoints because Dji fly keeps closing continuously…
6-28 11:45
Use props
fans40fed5ef
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1693 ft
United States

I have the same issue rc2 with Air 3 - latest firmwares…
6-28 12:17
Use props
fans40fed5ef
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same exact issue - when I go to load in a newly saved waypoint the app crashes….
6-28 12:49
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_oqgEF3jeeMPr Posted at 6-28 11:45
I’ve been experiencing the same issue since I updated the mini 4 pro and the controller; at this moment, it’s not possible to create new waypoints because Dji fly keeps closing continuously…

Hi there,

Kindly send us the App's Log File for us to investigate and assist you further.

Thank you.
6-28 15:53
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans40fed5ef Posted at 6-28 12:49
I am having the same exact issue - when I go to load in a newly saved waypoint the app crashes….

Hi there,

Kindly send us the App's Log File for us to investigate and assist you further.

Thank you.
6-28 15:53
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans40fed5ef Posted at 6-28 12:17
I have the same issue rc2 with Air 3 - latest firmwares…

Hi,

Kindly try create a new waypoint flight mission to test if it crashes. And do revert back to us if the issue still persist.

Thank you for your patience with us and understanding.
6-28 15:54
Use props
Manitobahunter
lvl.4
Canada

Not sure about the phone fly app, but if you check your cache in the RC2 after the update, you'll see its showing red, and you are out of space and need to clear the cache. I literally take all my files off my SD card and controller, and clear my cache and flight logs after every flying session. Keeps things organized and never have to worry about a lack of storage.
6-28 17:42
Use props
kon_boz
lvl.1
Greece

Thought about cache when it started doing it and cleared it, didn't change anything. Also isn't related with mission complexity; even a mission with one waypoint will crash if you try to load it. It's a pretty straightforward bug, it will probably get fixed some time, hope soon.
6-28 19:55
Use props
kon_boz
lvl.1
Greece

Update is already out and fixes the issue, good job!
6-28 21:41
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

kon_boz Posted at 6-28 21:41
Update is already out and fixes the issue, good job!

Hi there,

We appreciate the update given to us and for other DJI Forum users.

Should you have any other questions, kindly message us for assistance. Thanks!
6-28 23:06
Use props
Va1entin2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 393816 ft

Romania

A few moments ago I made an update to version v1.13.9 (not v1.13.8). I have no problem with waypoint mission, I can create and load them without problems. Good gob DJI.
6-28 23:27
Use props
fans40fed5ef
lvl.1
United States

Issue fixed in DJI Fly 1.13.9
6-29 04:44
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Va1entin2 Posted at 6-28 23:27
A few moments ago I made an update to version v1.13.9 (not v1.13.8). I have no problem with waypoint mission, I can create and load them without problems. Good gob DJI.

Hi there,

Glad that it worked out for you. We appreciate the update given to us and other DJI Forum users.

Should you have any other questions, feel free to contact to for assistance. Thanks!
6-29 20:57
Use props
AndyGutsell
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1862756 ft

United Kingdom

I also have an issue with the app. I have found that in the last few weeks, when I go into my profile to check my flight records, I can no longer see the preview photos associated with each flight !
Is this a known problem ?
Is there a fix for this?
7-12 07:13
Use props
AndyGutsell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

AndyGutsell Posted at 7-12 07:13
I also have an issue with the app. I have found that in the last few weeks, when I go into my profile to check my flight records, I can no longer see the preview photos associated with each flight !
Is this a known problem ?
Is there a fix for this?

7-12 07:16
Use props
AndyGutsell
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Why no response ?!?
7-13 16:35
Use props
FC Bayern
lvl.3
Flight distance : 110745 ft
North Macedonia

https://www.suasnews.com/2024/06 ... ly/#google_vignette

Maybe you should google a bit before panicking!
7-14 10:13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules