FPV Goggles for the Inspire 1
12016 39 2015-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Is there an FPV goggle that will just hook up to the Inspire 1 transmitter?
I have looked and looked and I can't find one. The Epson is for Andriods.
The Zeiss Moverio is also for Androids.
There must be one for the Inspire 1 without purchasing another lightbridge.
I saw one at the Vegas convention and I can't find the information on it
Right now. So I started this new thread on FPV's so people can hopefully
Come up with a set that will hopefully plug into your Inspire 1 transmitter
Without buying a lot of other gear. Please help me find a pair. THANKS......
2015-9-16
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

Thats a very good question and I would like to know that as well. Thanks for asking. Lets see what we can kind.
2015-9-16
Use props
ge0se
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Headplay FPV goggles are best option out there, I own one and tried many other options - none come close to this in all aspects. It has a mini-HDMI input, same as Inspire controller on the output. It is natively at 720p resolution which is what Inspire outputs.
2015-9-16
Use props
ibdronin
lvl.4

United States

I am curious. If you are wearing FPV goggles how does one control functions on the iPad? Or do you not use the iPad and use only the goggles only?
2015-9-16
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I suspect if the pilot is using FPV, then he/she is maybe looking to operate it beyond line of sight. In my view, headsets are helpful when used be a camera operator. There are many that can be used to plug into the HDMI socket
2015-9-16
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use the ziess cinemiser goggles. They work well and because of there size you can look below them to see the app and look over the top to see the aircraft. It is not an immersive FPV experience this way however you can attach a rubber eye cup part which makes it true fpv.
2015-9-16
Use props
daniel.frederik
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10656 ft
New Zealand

Caution: Zeiss cinemizers are no longer made in Europe, they dont work well, they ar e well over priced, the lenses are so close to your eye they fog up, the rubber eye shade only partially works, if they budge a fraction on your nose the picture jumps out of focus, the diopter controls are of a poor build quality and you won;t get your money back when you realize they're not up to the job.  They might be Ok for a camera operator.   Buyer beware!
2015-9-16
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

I need and ISO set up. I will check what has been identified by
You all so far. My intension is not to fly out of line of sight. I just
Am used to flying FPV and would like a unit that is ISO and might
Just plug into our Inspire without buying a lot of extra stuff to
Make it work and that cost a lot of money. Again, thanks for all
Your help.
Also, if you are flying FPV do you loose the sight and information
On your iPad? It would be nice to be able to see both if you
Needed to.  I'm still looking for the info I got at the convention
That covers an FPV unit that works with the Inspire very nicely.
Hope I can find the info.
2015-9-17
Use props
pinpointmapping
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5345105 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm closely watching the avegant  glyph as a choice for FPV .  They should be released soon hopefully, and from what I understand the image is actually projected/beamed onto your retina rather than just viewing a tiny pixel filled screen.  
http://avegant.com
2015-9-17
Use props
duplenne
lvl.1

France

pinpointmapping Posted at 2015-9-17 18:25
I'm closely watching the avegant  glyph as a choice for FPV .  They should be released soon hopefull ...

Had a look @ the product, very impressed though, may go for it as well...
2015-9-17
Use props
duplenne
lvl.1

France

duplenne@gmail. Posted at 2015-9-17 18:35
Had a look @ the product, very impressed though, may go for it as well...

I was watching the Headplay FPV but looks loke the glyph from Avegant is much more advanced. To be followed.
2015-9-17
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

ge0se Posted at 2015-9-16 21:34
Headplay FPV goggles are best option out there, I own one and tried many other options - none come c ...

Do these just connect by a cable to the Inspire controller without
any other equipment that you have to buy? and do they run ISO?
They look really nice, big, however very nice and have a large
viewing area. So the hookup would be a mini HDMI cable to the
Inspire 1 transmitter and nothing else except the battery, right?
I'm speaking about the HeadPlay goggles.
2015-9-17
Use props
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

There is no Zeiss Moverio model available, only Epson Moverio, which is indeed aimed at Android Market but they also released a, quite expensive, adapter to iOS
There are different FPV goggles compatible with inspire, and most of them they do not require a smartphone to work.
Your video signal comes from the Lightbridge system installed in your Inspire controller, the mini HDMI output.
Think of your FPV goggles like an external monitor.
You do not need an app to get your video signal, just connect FPV goggles to your mini hdmi .
You first have to  use the iOS or Android app to select dual video output (hdmi and usb) and to select what information would you like to have present on your FPV goggles / second monitor.
You can find more about the Inspire 1 compatible FPV goggles searching the thread  on this forum entitled Inspire Accesories, there are different models available from Zeiss, Headplay, Fatshark, Sony etc.
Hooe this information helps, enjoy a nice FPV flight !
2015-9-17
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

I'm very impressed with your answers. You have mentioned the Avegant's Glyph
Which has just come out or is in the process of coming out. The HeadPlay is
Also very impressive. I saw the Glyphs at the Vegas convention I just
Attended and watched them fly using it in the DJI booths cage. People
Where really impressed by it. The HeadPlay has a great screen and also
Looks good for flying. And thanks for letting me know you can use the goggles
And still use the pilots app on my iPad Air 2. Thanks a lot for all the information.
2015-9-18
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

Do any of the devices mentioned in this thread allow a PIP window so you can get direct visual contact of your drone or need to look forward without removing the FPV goggles?
2015-10-8
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

Not that I know of.
2015-10-14
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-16 05:07
The Epson Moverio is transparent.
The image is seen a bit like a "HUD", overlaid on your own view t ...

I have the Epson BT 200... they do NOT work with the Inspire...i use them with my Phantoms... and as far as seeing your bird through them HA HA...i blocked them out and looked over the top... a word of caution there are some on this site that will jump on you if you say you flew FPV... and you have Cinemizers paul i must add hypocrite to my lst...
Steven
2015-10-15
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-16 05:07
The Epson Moverio is transparent.
The image is seen a bit like a "HUD", overlaid on your own view t ...

Paul here we have someone asking about FPV... were is your soap box?... and ...why are you not telling them how they will be breaking the law ?.... wooops i forgot YOU have Cinemizers.... how come you did not bring that up when you were giving me a hard time for flying FPV ?..... talk about double standards.... looks like the sheriff is corrupt.....
2015-10-15
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Hi jlivingstone6... sorry about the rant its a long story.... with flying FPV there are many options.... i have tried them all... the best value for money at the moment is headplay...if you dont mind having a box strap to your face...  i would suggest you look at Avegant Glyph this is new technology and will be released soon.... they will plug straight into the Inspire.... i have had them on pre order for 10 months.....safe flying...

Steven
2015-10-15
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-16 07:18
Are you trying to turn another thread into a train-wreck with yet more of your dishonesty?

Was it  ...

I have Cinemizers and it's really easy to see the aircraft over the top of them and a quick glance down into the goggles gives me my camera view and telemetry.

So you are telling us you put on glasses and did not fly FPV... you have to be joking... you are a hypocrite and you know it... the train wreck as you put it was all your doing... (you would not let up).. i have not read any of your comments on that post after my last one...
2015-10-15
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-10-16 08:45
> So you are telling us you put on glasses and did not fly FPV.

Read what I posted... The key wor ...

You put on glasses and want us to believe that you looked over the top with only a quick glanced down ... SURE... i am certain anybody that reads that would believe you.... thats it for me no more to be said...
2015-10-15
Use props
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I use the FatShark DominatorHD after feedback from FPV racers on how other units fare. They plug straight into the Inspire TX via HDMI, and last about an hour on battery.

They're great, if a little pricey. I tend to use them to reference proximity rather than wear them for flight i.e. I have jobs that require a flight path (and video) towards an object that's far enough away that I struggle with depth perception. So, I do the flight in reverse and then flip it in post.

To start off as close to the object as possible, I fly to it, put the goggles on, get really close using that view, then take them back off.

Even for that 5-10 seconds I have a spotter with me because that's what my permission requires.
2015-10-16
Use props
Arvada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398822 ft
United States

Sorry all, wasn't trying to create a scuffle.  I was curious what people were using especially since Microsoft gave a world announcement about their hololens last week.  Not ready for flight but the holographic overlay......wow.

I like the idea of looking over the goggles.   For what it is worth, this still counts as maintaining line of site even though you are using FPV goggles.  A little semantics.  Even if you didn't have goggles and you looked at your iPad, you could argue you are not maintaining  visual contact.  Point is, in spirit that is not what anyone means.  So you could use FPV goggles in your lower visual field while maintaining visual contact above them.

2015-10-16
Use props
misuus
lvl.2

United States

Just received the FatShark Dominator V3, they work out of the box plugs into the hdmi port and cable is  included.
2015-10-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Arvada Posted at 2015-10-8 20:54
Do any of the devices mentioned in this thread allow a PIP window so you can get direct visual conta ...

Here are the glasses I developed for dji products

direct hdmi connected 2.jpg DSC00258.JPG DSC00264.JPG WiFi Glasses BW (1 of 1) copy.jpg direct hdmi disconnected.jpg
2015-10-17
Use props
SimplePanda
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

misuus@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-17 11:07
Just received the FatShark Dominator V3, they work out of the box plugs into the hdmi port and cable ...

This.

FatSharks are the go-to goggles for serious FPV. No question. Mine have never let me down.
2015-10-17
Use props
ukea
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-10-17 22:37

Hi, Where can I get a pair of these glasses and what is the cost,,, I'am in the UK they will be used by the CAMERA OPERATOR not me ( I'am the Pilot) That is before anyone shoots me down and informs me technical you cant use them as a pilot in the UK.
2015-11-17
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ukea@hotmail.co Posted at 2015-11-17 10:15
Hi, Where can I get a pair of these glasses and what is the cost,,, I'am in the UK they will be us ...

Drop me a note at mtnmaddman   I am at hotmail.com
2015-11-17
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

I just don't see the need to fly FPV. I would rather see my inspire and have 100% control and not be limited to FPV. I'm an old fart so for me I'd probably get dizzy flying FPV.
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2015-11-17 23:19
I just don't see the need to fly FPV. I would rather see my inspire and have 100% control and not be ...

It is very different. I have been flying LOS for over 20 years but I do enjoy FPV now also.
2015-11-18
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
United States

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD INFORMATION and a little bit of adventure.
You guys are always good and know what you're talking about. I know
The rules. I'd need a spotter and I have one. Like I said, I just like to fly
FPV. Anyway, thanks again and I hope you all enjoyed a great Thanksgiving
Holiday and flew.
2015-11-30
Use props
jasper7821
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

deleted

2015-12-1
Use props
Starship
lvl.4

United States

For those thinking about FPV for the first time....... I have a public service announcement.

Fly from a chair, until you get used to it.      I have seen people faceplant, and smash their radio because they get disoriented and lose their balance.  It's funny to watch
2015-12-2
Use props
duplenne
lvl.1

France

misuus@gmail.co Posted at 2015-10-17 16:07
Just received the FatShark Dominator V3, they work out of the box plugs into the hdmi port and cable ...

Hi misuus, I am still hesitating between the HDV2 or the V3, what spec make you choose the V3 for the Inspire 1, Take care, François Pro I1 flyer for TV docs
2015-12-22
Use props
Zbounce
lvl.4
Flight distance : 181125 ft
United States

I am intrigued to say the least, not from a pilot standpoint but in some cases it would be great to immerse the client.
Thinks to all who posted,
Z
2015-12-22
Use props
misuus
lvl.2

United States

duplenne@gmail. Posted at 2015-12-22 06:03
Hi misuus, I am still hesitating between the HDV2 or the V3, what spec make you choose the V3 for  ...

Simple, the HD v2 were not available when I got the V3
I have both now and while the display area is larger on the HD2 for me the margins are getting out of focus, maybe it's my large head. There's also the price difference...
2015-12-23
Use props
irontkc
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for taking the time to talking about it.  Do you know when they are coming out with it?
2016-6-19
Use props
irontkc
lvl.1

United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-10-17 17:37

Great job bro
2016-6-19
Use props
mikegrook
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1806125 ft
  • >>>
United States

The zeiss has an IPhone adaptor for the 6/6s. I just ordered it yesterday and am waiting for its arrival. There is also a specific app that allows the camera to be tracked or controlled by head movement. I actually bought this as I am going on a trip to Utah and thought my family would like the VR experience as I keep line of site. Headset will be linked to slave remote. The App is Cloudlight in the apple store. I will review once I receive it.
2016-6-20
Use props
irontkc
lvl.1

United States

I have the FatShark I don't need a transmitter at all I love it you have to use your lightbirdge but it is the best on the market. I was told we can use the WFI on are controller and it will work?  I would go with FatShark v3 Dominator.  If your going to use on Inspire or Phantom it works good.
2016-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules