Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
blinking yellow wont go away
2387 4 2014-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
corbett
New
United States

Just bought a Phantom 2.  Added the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal, iOSD mini, FPV Hub Kit and 5.8 Video Transmitter
I have updated everything on these with the exception of the iOSD mini.  Downloaded the iOSD mini software and tried connected it to computer with no success.  Connected it mini usb on iOSD mini to USB on computer.  Don't know why I cannot connect.

After turning on the Phantom 2 I wait for my blinking green that tells it has a GPS signal.  It blinks yellow (which I understand doesn't have proper GPS signal) and it takes awhile to stop and then turn green.  Either when I get it in the air or while it is still on the ground it switches back to blinking yellow.  I have been able to maintain somewhat of a control in flying like this, but it sometimes is unresponsive to the joystick moves I make.  Or when I let go of the joysticks instead of hovering it drifts.

I have done the rotation calibration several times.  My friend owns one and he does not have this problem.  So that tells me there's no lack of GPS signals where I am flying.  Before adding the FPV Hub I flew it and don't think there was such a problem with the blinking yellow.

Also, the Zenmuse H3-3D gimbal sometimes responds to my trying to tilt the GoPro up and down.  And sometimes it doesn't.  Very frustrating.

I have tried the route of the DJI tech support and have found it to be annoyingly unhelpful.  I have had to submit an email case.  Four days later I got a message back saying the info was being passed onto someone who would help.  It has now been about a week and I have yet to hear back from anyone.

If anyone could offer some advice here I would be forever grateful.  Thanks in advance.
2014-12-13
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

You've got two different issues -- as to the first, it sounds like you need to calibrate the compass but are the Yellow flashes slow or fast?

LED flight Indicators.gif
2014-12-13
Use props
gil
Captain
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

For the second issue of you gimbal it will also require a calibration but just a bit different than you're used to:

TRANSMITTER CALIBRATION WITHOUT SOFTWARE (stand alone, does not use RC System Assistant or Phantom 2 Vision Assistant)
( I just revised the instruction a bit to hopefully make it a bit easier to follow, credit goes to "w-nils" for initially posting this gem to the forum!)

1)  Set switch S2 at the OFF position; Switch S2 at the GPS position

2) Push both the THROTTLE and PITCH stick to the top position and hold them there.

3) Turn on the POWER switch.  You should hear the indicator sound of "Di--Di Di" from the transmitter repeatedly.
    -> Toggle switch S2 into the CL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Di" from the transmitter, in this case the transmitter has entered the calibration mode.
         (THROTTLE and PITCH stick must have been kept in the top position all during this time)

4)  Release the THROTTLE and PITCH sticks and make sure they return to the center position.
    -> Toggle switch S1 to the bottom ATTI position; you should hear an indicator sound of "Di" from the transmitter.  
    -> Move all of the sticks throughout their complete range several times.
        (for those remotes equipped with a throttle lock this means complete movement through the throttle lock position)
    -> Don't forget to move the GIMBAL CONTROL DIAL through it's complete range of movement as well.
    -> After this, put the THROTTLE stick to the bottom position and toggle switch S2 to the HL position, you should hear an indicator sound of "Di" from the transmitter.  
        In this case the transmitter has been calibrated successfully

5)  Turn transmitter off.

(afterwards, you may want to also go into the Vision Assistant software to check the calibration from there)

TransmitterCalibration - switches.gif
2014-12-13
Use props
jackson.zhong
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
China

make sure IOSD mini was power up.
2014-12-15
Use props
corbett
New
United States

Thanks Gil & Jackson.  Appreciate the info.  I haven't gone through putting any of this to work yet.  I am one of those guys working 2 jobs, kids, relationship, etc...  So I am hoping to get to it at some point this weekend.

jackson...  doesn't the iOSD Mini automatically power up when you turn on the drone since it is connected to the hub?
2014-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules